AT&T's data only plans, will Sprint follow?

bigsnake49

sprint already has data only plans, but apparently they are only available to the deaf/hard of hearing.

I would welcome broader availability of such plans, for tablets and smartphones.

Edited by dedub
  • Like 1

I already use Google Voice for texting, and can easily move to things like GrooveIP to use GVoice for, well, voice as well. Easy jump for me.

I also find it funny how the article says that 10 GB for $100 is a "very reasonable rate". Compare: Sprint's Hotspot/Tablet plans offer 12 GB for $80, while Verizon's "data-only" plans give you 10 GB for $60 (+20 for a hotspot, +10 for a tablet, +0 if it's just HomeFusion). That makes AT&T's "very reasonable" rates easily the most expensive. I do applaud them for dropping their rates, though (matching VZW's 10 GB/$60 rate), even if it is only for data devices and not phones (and not if you have phones on your account).

Sprint relay is 39.99 a month for unlimited data and messaging. I dont see any reason why if u know some one at sprint you couldnt get on it if they liked you. Ive set up about a dozen deaf people on it and all the sprint rep has to do is call into the sprint relay department to move a phone number to that plan.

But if you know a sprint employee that would be willing to break rules they are probably good enough friends to put you on their SWAC line plan which are $40 for 500 anytime minutes, unlimited everything else.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Sprint relay is 39.99 a month for unlimited data and messaging. I dont see any reason why if u know some one at sprint you couldnt get on it if they liked you. Ive set up about a dozen deaf people on it and all the sprint rep has to do is call into the sprint relay department to move a phone number to that plan.

"Sprint relay is 39.99 a month for unlimited data and messaging...." This only applied 3G or 4G Wimax smartphone. If I want 4GLTE smartphone or iphone, then I have to get $45 unlimited text and data plus $10 premium data fee

I was not aware of that increase for lte. That really sucks. Sprint doesn't actively train reps on relay and im sure many do not know about it.The first time i set some one up i had no idea what it was. Luckily the customer knew what it was and after a quick call into NSS i got the relay departments number.

I actually tried to open a line with a sprint relay, but they kept wanting my video phone number, which I obviously didn't have. At the time it was still 40 for lte too.

I was not aware of that increase for lte. That really sucks. Sprint doesn't actively train reps on relay and im sure many do not know about it.The first time i set some one up i had no idea what it was. Luckily the customer knew what it was and after a quick call into NSS i got the relay departments number.

Ya I feel you. I still have my $39.99 sprint relay data plan and I want to get new phone(samsung gs4). I ask Sprint Relay CSR if I could upgrade and keep my old $39.99 data plan. They said No. :/ I dont know what happen if I decided to upgrade at the Sprint store lol