LG Optimus G Pro

ericdabbs

Do you guys think Sprint will try to carry the LG Optimus G Pro when LG begins shipping it in the US in Q2 2013?

I know it looks similar to the Note 2 minus the S-pen. Its got some things going for it like the Full HD IPS display which is superior to the Super Amoled display on the Note 2 and the has the Qualcomm S4 Pro processor. The LG Optimus G phone seemed to sell well and I can see customers willing to give LG a chance again. I say that Sprint should go for it this year and see if it can gauge interest from those away from the Note 2/Note 3 this year

Id love to have it. I love my optimus g but i get envious everytime i see my coworkers note 2s.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

I think I prefer my Optimus G over the Note 2, except for battery life. I miss my G since I gave it to my wife.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I think I prefer my Optimus G over the Note 2, except for battery life. I miss my G since I gave it to my wife.

Really?

Really?

Definitely. Best phone I've ever had. I really like the LG Android overlay. Best one of them all. Mostly pure Android, with minor tweaks that improve the experience. The RF performance is equal to the best phones made. My only criticisms is battery life, and perhaps screen size.

If the Pro supported LTE Band 26 and/or 41 when/if it came to Sprint, then I would definitely pick it up. I rarely use the S pen.

• Like 1

Definitely. Best phone I've ever had. I really like the LG Android overlay. Best one of them all. Mostly pure Android, with minor tweaks that improve the experience. The RF performance is equal to the best phones made. My only criticisms is battery life, and perhaps screen size.

If the Pro supported LTE Band 26 and/or 41 when/if it came to Sprint, then I would definitely pick it up. I rarely use the S pen.

Interesting. I much prefer the feel of the nexus 4 (hardware and software) even though they are very similar. I also like the HTC sense over the LG overlay.

I do like how LG did at least attempt to make it minimalist.

Really?

Its the screen size and battery life im envious of and thats it. Im not real big on the plastic feel of galaxy line or touchwiz. But I work with 3 people with galaxy note 2s so i see them watching movies on those giant screens when we are slow at work.

Its the screen size and battery life im envious of and thats it. Im not real big on the plastic feel of galaxy line or touchwiz. But I work with 3 people with galaxy note 2s so i see them watching movies on those giant screens when we are slow at work.

Wrap a piece of metal around the back of the phone and see how well the signal works.

People get all hung up on the plastic thing. If they don't like it they need to get an iphone4 as I am sure they will like the glass back better.

Sent from my little Note2

According to Android Authority it looks like AT&T might strike first as the first US carrier to carry the LG Optimus G Pro. Hopefully Sprint will carry this device at some point.

http://www.androidau...s-g-pro-176244/

FCC - It appears it has all the right LTE BC support (700 MHz, PCS, AWS and Cellular) for a AT&T phone

https://apps.fcc.gov...;fcc_id=ZNFE980

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My issue with mine is the battery life and CAMERA. I don't take too many photos but when my fiancee decides we need to take pictures the quality is horrendous. I'm currently loaning it to my younger sister until her GS3 is repaired.

LG definitely has come a long way from their shortcomings on their previous phones, but from talking to a lot of people that camera made them shy away. Hope they fix that!

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully the LG Optimus G Pro will be a hit on ATT even when it is exclusive. It would be nice to have a formidable challenger to the Galaxy Note phone series. If the G Pro series takes off then LG has more leverage to try to sell it to all carriers.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't be shocked if the handset detected would end up being the Optimus G2.

The first Optimus G had engineering leaks months before its release, it was being referred to as Eclipse for a while. So I agree, I can easily imagine what blogs are talking about now is just super-early leaks of a G2.