T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

Pretty disappointing for many customers. The promotional 2.5GB/4 lines plan isn't eligible. The simple choice plans with at least 3GB of data are pretty much the only eligible plans. That's a total of 2 plans, the 3GB and the 5GB. Of course tablets too with the same data amount requirements. Pretty lackluster deal if you ask me.

• Like 3

I wanna see Sprint counter with a 5GB+ tethering on all unlimited plans.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Tethering will really only appeal to a small percentage of users. Who needs tethering anymore when you can pretty much do everything on your phone? I'll bet 80% of subs don't have a need for tethering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I remember the rollover minutes from my AT&T days. I made minimal phone calls, so always had upwards of 3,000+ rollover minutes available. While the idea of rollover data is cool, I wonder if the profile of the "typical" data user is the same as the "typical" voice call user? As in, the vast majority of users will roll over data they'll never use or need based on current habits?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if T-Mobile would bring in Owen Wilson to do commercials to counter AT&T now.

EDIT: can't post link to YouTube video of Luke kicking pucks of "minutes" into a hole.

Edited by MkVsTheWorld

Pretty disappointing for many customers. The promotional 2.5GB/4 lines plan isn't eligible. The simple choice plans with at least 3GB of data are pretty much the only eligible plans. That's a total of 2 plans, the 3GB and the 5GB. Of course tablets too with the same data amount requirements. Pretty lackluster deal if you ask me.

Lots on twitter sayin 1gb plan should qualify

Ok so if I have the 3GB plan for $60, I can use my hotspot for part of that 3GB? If I want/need 5GB of hotspot, it's $80 for the unlimited plan.

And now with Data Stash, you can use all the rolled over data for hotspot too.

I wonder if T-Mobile would bring in Owen Wilson to counter AT&T now...

Owen Wilson or Luke Wilson?  Are you confusing your Wilsons?

AJ

Tethering will really only appeal to a small percentage of users. Who needs tethering anymore when you can pretty much do everything on your phone? I'll bet 80% of subs don't have a need for tethering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While true it would be nice to have the option if needed.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Lots on twitter sayin 1gb plan should qualify

Something Sprint can do to make theirs superior is put it on all tiered plans, even 1GB and less.

Using Nexus 5 on Tapatalk

• Like 4

Exactly. How genius of Tmobile to find a way to get more money out of their consumers. Entice them with 10 gb of free data, and then tell them they have data stash. Meanwhile, nobody behind 3+ gb applies for it, so they are suckered into upgrading to 3 gb of data with data stash, when in reality they were perfectly fine with 1 gb and will most likely never use the data that they are now paying $10 more for.

#PROFITLEGERESTYLE

Yup, that is T-Mobile for you.  Look how they getcha...

AJ

• Like 2

And now with Data Stash, you can use all the rolled over data for hotspot too.

Yeah but if I didn't use my 3GB to begin with, rolling it over would do nothing for me.

Still not seeing the groundbreaking "un-carrier" hero worship that's going on everywhere else.

Yeah but if I didn't use my 3GB to begin with, rolling it over would do nothing for me.

Still not seeing the groundbreaking "un-carrier" hero worship that's going on everywhere else.

Because it's not "un-carrier". It's a total gimmick to get people on the 3GB or higher plan. It's a typical carrier move.

Pogue : I still can't get service in my own (well built suburban neighborhood) home

Legere : Move to a city

Pogue : What do you say to people who are complaining about coverage?

Legere : There's a misconception that it's about cell sites, that we just need more towers. It's not, it's just low band spectrum.

---

Ugh. But you do need more towers, especially in those wealthy suburbs / exurbs.

All he had to say is "we're working quickly to add towers and coverage in the cities and suburbs we don't yet cover". It would take all of five seconds -- almost no effort. Instead, he always insults the people he'll eventually need to offer service to, to sustain his subscriber growth.

#sigh

• Like 3

That's you. For some, this is groundbreaking since they can use the stash when they might need more data couple of the month/s throughout the year. And the fact that you can use it for tethering as well, is nice. same all of thoes GB's for a hugh download at the end of the year!! just saying....

Because it's not "un-carrier". It's a total gimmick to get people on the 3GB or higher plan. It's a typical carrier move.

Gimmick to some... options for others. Don't need it, don't get it.

iPhone lease program from Sprint? Gimmick to some... options for others.

I definitely think it's time for Sprint to give a complimentary tethering/hotspot bucket to unlimited plan holders.  Even if it is just 1GB free.  And data bucket plans should be able to use tethering/hotspot for no additional charge.  Just within their existing allotments.

• Like 11

Gimmick to some... options for others. Don't need it, don't get it.

iPhone lease program from Sprint? Gimmick to some... options for others.

Based on your concept, Installment billing is a gimmick too, and so are 2 year contracts. Just saying.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I definitely think it's time for Sprint to give a complimentary tethering/hotspot bucket to unlimited plan holders. Even if it is just 1GB free. And data bucket plans should be able to use tethering/hotspot for no additional charge. Just within their existing allotments.

I would love to have a free 1GB tethering option, be us there are times when I just need it in a pinch.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Pogue : I still can't get service in my own (well built suburban neighborhood) home

Legere : Move to a city

Pogue : What do you say to people who are complaining about coverage?

Legere : There's a misconception that it's about cell sites, that we just need more towers. It's not, it's just low band spectrum.

Is that a real dialogue exchange between David Pogue and John Legere?  Was that part of the "Uncarrier" event today?

Sheesh, John Legere is a self centered asshole.  But Generation Y eats it up -- probably because many of them are also self centered assholes.

AJ

• Like 6