T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

Roll over data would be awesome for me. My wife is on the 1GB framily line, and usually she uses 500MB or so...but every so often there are the months were she is over 1GB. I just pay the overage since it's cheaper than the $10 upgrade to 3GB for the little bit it happens. Kudos Tmobile to a good idea!

The 1GB T-MOBILE plan doesn't qualify for roll over. Must be 3GB to qualify.

Marcelo...get on your burglar costume and steal the idea. Pronto. You need to announce the same thing in 24 hours.

Tweet him!

Unless you happen to know that he is already a S4GRU member... :ninja:

• Like 4

The 1GB T-MOBILE plan doesn't qualify for roll over. Must be 3GB to qualify.

Exactly. How genius of Tmobile to find a way to get more money out of their consumers. Entice them with 10 gb of free data, and then tell them they have data stash. Meanwhile, nobody behind 3+ gb applies for it, so they are suckered into upgrading to 3 gb of data with data stash, when in reality they were perfectly fine with 1 gb and will most likely never use the data that they are now paying $10 more for.

#PROFITLEGERESTYLE

• Like 1

Hopefully by now, yes. Instances of it started showing up three months ago. Given that a good number of them can be reconfigured remotely, I would hope so.

So no actual physical site work, all software config.

Interesting. 

Well now they match Sprint in POP's covered (at least officially). I doubt Sprint will let them keep that for long though.

Hope sprint pops out an update today on spark markers and coverage. And matches or beats this offer.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

If I'm reading this correctly, you have to pay $60 a month, which includes 3GB of data, in order to qualify for the data stash.

At that point, I might as well pay $60 for Sprint for unlimited. Who the hell cares about a stash if I have unlimited anyway? Everything else is the same (device financing, leasing, etc.)

• Like 18

Marcelo...get on your burglar costume and steal the idea. Pronto. You need to announce the same thing in 24 hours.

Even if they announce, this will be another occasion where T-Mobile is perceived as being the leader on something. Marcelo has got to get Sprint from behind the 8 ball.

Even when they try, like cutting ATT and V bills in half, they shoot themselves in the foot with conditions and comments in their own conference calls saying customers will really only save 20% at best, not 50. Tech press and magentas ate that up.

Give a clear and distinct promotion.

If I'm reading this correctly, you have to pay $60 a month, which includes 3GB of data, in order to qualify for the data stash.

At that point, I might as well pay $60 for Sprint for unlimited. Who the hell cares about a stash if I have unlimited anyway? Everything else is the same (device financing, leasing, etc.)

I hope Marcelo - or someone - at Sprint brings this up.

Doesn't their plan come with 5GB hotspot at no extra charge? Nice little addition.

Even if they announce, this will be another occasion where T-Mobile is perceived as being the leader on something. Marcelo has got to get Sprint from behind the 8 ball.

Even when they try, like cutting ATT and V bills in half, they shoot themselves in the foot with conditions and comments in their own conference calls saying customers will really only save 20% at best, not 50. Tech press and magentas ate that up.

Give a clear and distinct promotion.

So what. If they get the message out in 24 hours, most people will hear about the Sprint and Tmo deals at the same time. It's enough to keep many customers from leaving if they are intrigued by the Tmo deal and customers who were considering Sprint not to change their mind.

Competitors will always be coming up with new ideas. You can't just ignore them. You have to meet or exceed them, or find a way to make your service/product better. Since Sprint cannot make a better product in the interim, they have to compete on plans/service.

This will likely be more intriguing to AT&T customers who remember the old Cingular days of rollover minutes. They get the concept best and probably have often wondered about getting rollover data one day. So if Sprint can cut their bill in "half" and give them rollover minutes, that would help Sprint differentiate even further.

I really see this as Tmo's response to Sprint's cut your bill in half in trying to woo AT&T customers, and to some extent, Verizon customers.

• Like 1

Exactly. How genius of Tmobile to find a way to get more money out of their consumers. Entice them with 10 gb of free data, and then tell them they have data stash. Meanwhile, nobody behind 3+ gb applies for it, so they are suckered into upgrading to 3 gb of data with data stash, when in reality they were perfectly fine with 1 gb and will most likely never use the data that they are now paying $10 more for.

#PROFITLEGERESTYLE

How carrier of Legere to make people upgrade their data plan to get the special deal. FAIL! :td:

• Like 1

Outdated map on the right from verizon showing Tmobiles LTE coverage, versus on the left Tmobile showing their mobile data coverage for I assume all data.

Yes, even EDGE and GPRS roaming.
  • Like 1

Outdated map on the right from verizon showing Tmobiles LTE coverage, versus on the left Tmobile showing their mobile data coverage for I assume all data. 

Ah, thank you :)

• Like 1

So what. If they get the message out in 24 hours, most people will hear about the Sprint and Tmo deals at the same time.

True to an extent and IF Sprint responds in 24 hours. I say "to an extent" because the tech press will report it something like as follows:

"T-Mobile introduces Data Stash. Sprint follows with own data rollover plan."

In the mind of the consumer, T-Mobile is in the driver's seat, and that matters.

Another reason it's to an extent is because with T-Mobile is doing the introducing. This excites the T-Mobile fan base, the ones who take to the Internet and posting glowingly of T-Mobile. These people did not come from nowhere. They were created and developed over time, especially through these Uncarrier events. Sprint could use such a fan base as they can be influential.

It's enough to keep many customers from leaving if they are intrigued by the Tmo deal and customers who were considering Sprint not to change their mind.

Maybe. If Sprint is continually perceived as playing tag along or catch-up, that doesn't look good. People are attracted to buzz. If T-Mobile appears buzzing, some will and some have moved to go to the buzz.

Since Sprint cannot make a better product in the interim...

What true words. And, this is a huge part of Sprint's challenge because people feel they have given Sprint years to build its promised better product, and it has taken too long and is under delivering.

Fighting on plans and prices bought Sprint time. They must deliver a network that does not constantly appear in last place. Sure. There are markets here and there where Sprint scores well. Too few.

So if Sprint can cut their bill in "half" and give them rollover minutes, that would help Sprint differentiate even further.

That does sounds like a winner.

I really see this as Tmo's response to Sprint's cut your bill in half in trying to woo AT&T customers, and to some extent, Verizon customers.

And sadly, that plan was cut at the knees by every tech site I follow. I don't buy their stories. I even defended Sprint saying they are really cutting the bill in half and explained why.

• Like 1

Doesn't their plan come with 5GB hotspot at no extra charge? Nice little addition.

I didn't see that on the website.

A quick glance at the fine print basically says that you can't carry over data till you use up the 10GB, that speedtest apps will not count against your data or be throttled, and nothing about hotspot.

A quick glance at the fine print basically says that you can't carry over data till you use up the 10GB, that speedtest apps will not count against your data or be throttled, and nothing about hotspot.

Tmobile unlimited plans come with 5GB of hotspot. The lower tiers come with hot spot that just counts against your data allotment.

5GB tethering included only on family unlimited otherwise comes from 1/3/5 gb data.
  • Like 1

Tmobile unlimited plans come with 5GB of hotspot. The lower tiers come with hot spot that just counts against your data allotment.

Ok so if I have the 3GB plan for $60, I can use my hotspot for part of that 3GB? If I want/need 5GB of hotspot, it's $80 for the unlimited plan.