Samsung Galaxy S4 preview thread (was "The Galaxy S4 gets announced today, Are you excited?")

Rukin1

Kind of off topic, but say the GS4 does have support for LTE Band 26 or 41 (or both), and when Sprint starts to deploy ... will we have a way through maybe the engineering screen to easily identify if we are connected to either LTE Band 26 or 41?

I don't see why not as it shows the band, channel numbers, etc already.

Sent from my little Note2

I don't see why not as it shows the band, channel numbers, etc already.

Haha yeah after i posted that i pulled up my debug screen and what ya know... it is already there.

Man its already been one of those days.

Doesnt look impressive to me. No real wow factor. The 5in screen is a big let down... Its too big for most and besides, Samsung has the Note to cater to the smaller market demanding very large displays.

Doesnt look impressive to me. No real wow factor. The 5in screen is a big let down... Its too big for most and besides, Samsung has the Note to cater to the smaller market demanding very large displays.

That's the only thing I'm impressed with really. Larger/better screen than the S3 but smaller in height, length and width.

It burns when I Tapatalk...

That's the only thing I'm impressed with really. Larger/better screen than the S3 but smaller in height, length and width.

It burns when I Tapatalk...

Yeah I agree. Really surprised they fit that screen in a smaller phone. I'm still leaning towards the One, but i'm not ruling out the S4.

I missed out going to the event, had access but was too tired from work.

I'll wait to get my hands on the phone and see it in person, but if it is physically smaller and thinner than the 3, we're good. I actually like having a bigger screen, kinda miss it on my 5 when watching Netflix.

Yeah I agree. Really surprised they fit that screen in a smaller phone. I'm still leaning towards the One, but i'm not ruling out the S4.

The One is another awesome contender, but unibody device and no SD slot.

It's thinner (7.7mm vs 8.6mm) and only slightly taller (by a few mm) while the bezel has been cut to incorporate the bigger screen.

Also interesting pixel arrangement they got...

x2QNriu.jpg

The One is another awesome contender, but unibody device and no SD slot.

Unibody is a plus for me, and the absence of a microSD slot (or removable battery) doesn't bother me.

It's thinner (7.7mm vs 8.6mm) and only slightly taller (by a few mm) while the bezel has been cut to incorporate the bigger screen.

Slightly taller? From the specs I've seen, it's the exact same height (136.6mm).

GS3: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm

GS4: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm

Unibody is a plus for me, and the absence of a microSD slot doesn't bother me.

You and me both. Part of me was hoping Samsung would go that route with the 4, but maybe they will with the 5.

Oh jeez, replace Samsung with Apple, and we'd all be saying the same thing.

hypnotoad.gif

Looks like if you're happy with the GS3, you'll like the GS4. I'm looking forward to some head-to-heads between the latter and the HTC One.

I suspect the One will still have the better display (unless the grey from LCD is an affront to your sensibilities, to paraphrase a comment I read somewhere), but the S4 will have the better camera and battery life. I can live with all that, as I can the lack of SD card (I've never changed out the 8GB in my 3D).

If the One is anywhere near as good as my girlfriend's One X, I'll be very happy with it. That said, if we don't get some release dates up in here soon, I may just have to buy the Optimus G. So much delicious LTE popping up in Florida, and none for me!

I wouldn't say small market at all. But since the phone is the same size as the s3 it's no big deal.

I guess so. Looks like a nice device overall but I want to see which Sprint bands is supported with this device.

I am very interested in this as well. It will help me make my decision on my next phone.