Apparently sprint is only deploying LTE in small towns *INSERT SARCASTIC EMOTICON HERE*

I'm just telling you what I deal with every day. People are tired of paying an extra $10 for nothing. For getting a new phone and having slower internet. Also I don't care about deployments and where work is being done. It doesn't help until it actually goes live. Till then its a non issue.

I'm perfectly fine with paying the premium data fee. In fact, after switching to the iPhone 5, my data service is now better than on my Galaxy Nexus. So for me it's not getting a new phone and having slower internet, it's quite the opposite.

I'm perfectly fine with paying the premium data fee. In fact, after switching to the iPhone 5, my data service is now better than on my Galaxy Nexus. So for me it's not getting a new phone and having slower internet, it's quite the opposite.

Good luck with that 5. We have a ton coming in with data connection issues.

No problems here after a week except the normal problem of being caught in the middle of 3 different sectors of 2 or 3 different towers in the area, and the one deadspot in town that no carrier works right at all, and the possible borked EVDO channel on the east side of Visalia.

I'm just telling you what I deal with every day. People are tired of paying an extra 10 for nothing. For getting a new phone and having slower internet. Also I don't care about deployments and where work is being done. It doesn't help until it actually goes live. Till then its a non issue.

Do u work in a corporate or 3rd party store?

I'm just telling you what I deal with every day. People are tired of paying an extra $10 for nothing. For getting a new phone and having slower internet. Also I don't care about deployments and where work is being done. It doesn't help until it actually goes live. Till then its a non issue.

And you're a Sprint employee?

Also I don't care about deployments and where work is being done. It doesn't help until it actually goes live. Till then its a non issue.

If you don't care about deployments and where work is being done, why bother coming to this website at all?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

Well speaking of the topic on hand. Looks like att is only focused on small towns too with the recently launched markets.

Considering how slow AT&T was in getting 3G to rural markets, it's good to see the Death Star II throwing them a bone for once.

If that's the case, then you must not be doing a good job of explaining the fee and Network Vision to customers. There are always going to be the odd ones out that won't be happy, and I would be disgruntled with the current network. However, I can say that 99% of the customers I talk to and thoroughly explain Network Vision to, are much happier knowing it is acknowledged and being worked on. Explaining that Sprint isn't just duct taping the old network back together and instead if replacing it entirely makes a HUGE difference with satisfaction. Even if the time frame isn't ideal (potentially still a year out), the customer is always happier knowing what's going on, even if it isn't what they want.

And as we all know the majority of those issues are network related. The others usually are the device itself. Out of those with the device being the cause, 90% of the phones I've seen at my store are affected by the AN_AAA authentication failure issue that CANNOT be repaired and requires the phone to be replaced, per Apple. There are always the odd phones out that the cause isn't as apparent, but I can confidently say that 95% of the phones we have come in with data issues are either network, or the AN_AAA issue, and thus we can get it fixed or the customer educated properly.

With Network Vision beginning in my City now (discovered tickets opened for NV work as I was searching for a customer's issue today) it's just going to be that much easier to show it's on its way here.

• Like 1

AT&T is upgrading Dyersburg, TN to LTE today.

That market was EDGE a year ago.

I think AT&T is finally starting to get serious about some of these rural markets they neglected.

Out of those with the device being the cause, 90% of the phones I've seen at my store are affected by the AN_AAA authentication failure issue that CANNOT be repaired and requires the phone to be replaced, per Apple.

Is this the infamous data issue that people talk about the iPhone 5 having?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Our ATT rep told us a few weeks ago that they hope to have 4g here by Christmas xD (currently edge)

It depends on what your definition of 4G is. Thanks Bill Clinton!

Is this the infamous data issue that people talk about the iPhone 5 having?

That depends. The iPhone 5 has had a lot of data issues (on all carriers). One was fixed with a carrier file update. The AN_AAA authentication failure is something that gets corrupted and even a full software wipe and reflash will not correct. It requires the phone to be replaced. The iOS 6.1.2 software fixes the cause, but it cannot bring back a phone that's already corrupted.

The symptom of this issue is the phone switching back and forth between the 34G and o icon (failing network authentication). This can also be caused by a phone failing multiple times due to an outdated NAI and being locked out. The testing steps to determine whether it falls into the AN_AAA criteria:

1. Wipe the device (erase all content and settings for restore in iTunes).

2. Leave the phone OFF for at least 30 minutes (this allows the network side block to timeout if it is in effect due to failed logins).

3. Turn the phone on and go through activation again.

4. The phone will either reactivate with correct information and work correctly, or will still switch between 3G and o. IF it is still switching it is affected by the AN_AAA issue and needs to be replaced.

5. ???

6. PROFIT

That depends. The iPhone 5 has had a lot of data issues (on all carriers). One was fixed with a carrier file update. The AN_AAA authentication failure is something that gets corrupted and even a full software wipe and reflash will not correct. It requires the phone to be replaced. The iOS 6.1.2 software fixes the cause, but it cannot bring back a phone that's already corrupted.

The symptom of this issue is the phone switching back and forth between the 34G and o icon (failing network authentication). This can also be caused by a phone failing multiple times due to an outdated NAI and being locked out. The testing steps to determine whether it falls into the AN_AAA criteria:

2. Leave the phone OFF for at least 30 minutes (this allows the network side block to timeout if it is in effect due to failed logins).

4. The phone will either reactivate with correct information and work correctly, or will still switch between 3G and o. IF it is still switching it is affected by the AN_AAA issue and needs to be replaced.

5. ???

6. PROFIT

Once in a while mine drops down to 1x in a weak 3G area, which a quick airplane mode fixes. And from purchase, I updated right away to 6.1.2. So hopefully my phone isn't affected.

Once in a while mine drops down to 1x in a weak 3G area, which a quick airplane mode fixes. And from purchase, I updated right away to 6.1.2. So hopefully my phone isn't affected.

IF your is afffected no data would work. An AN_AAA failure prevents the phone from authenticating for ANY data on the network. This is why it constantly switches back and forth between 3G and o as it keeps trying.

IF your is afffected no data would work. An AN_AAA failure prevents the phone from authenticating for ANY data on the network. This is why it constantly switches back and forth between 3G and o as it keeps trying.

That's a relief.

Also I don't care about deployments and where work is being done.
Then you are definitely on the wrong site. And by your attitude... I do not mean this to cause offense, but I don't think you're cut out for customer service. It's definitely not for everyone.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

That's not journalism. That's an editorial about Verizon's network. No mention about how Verizon LTE is dropping to 2-4Mbps in many places and this AWS spectrum is their only chance to save their network before it completely disintegrates. Also, no mention of the millions of Verizon LTE customers that will be stuck on a degrading LTE 750 network until enough people buy AWS LTE capable handsets. It will take years before the 750 and AWS LTE carriers can support even loads. Years!

Although the same can and will be said of Sprint LTE 800, at least we will not sugar coat or bullshit everyone in our article about it.

Robert

Regarding VZW's LTE 750 density, it really sucks. I'm friends with a married couple, with <1 yr old VZ LTE phones, and neither can get LTE signal at all in most of my house.

I know it's only 1 example but I'm right next to a freeway and in a dense suburb; with T-Mobile AWS-only 14.4 Mbps phone, I get 3-6 mbps inside my house.

5. ???

6. PROFIT

Hm... I've had the iPhone 5 for a few months now, and occasionally it switches between 3G and o. Toggling airplane mode or waiting for half a minute fixes it but it gets annoying as it will do this randomly and sometimes in the middle of some work, timing everything out. I can connect and work on LTE, 3G, and 1x just fine, and I'm jailbroken. Do you think I have this AN_AAA issue? I would rather not want to replace my iphone as 6.1.4 can't be jailbroken.... PM me please? :)

Hm... I've had the iPhone 5 for a few months now, and occasionally it switches between 3G and o. Toggling airplane mode or waiting for half a minute fixes it but it gets annoying as it will do this randomly and sometimes in the middle of some work, timing everything out. I can connect and work on LTE, 3G, and 1x just fine, and I'm jailbroken. Do you think I have this AN_AAA issue? I would rather not want to replace my iphone as 6.1.4 can't be jailbroken.... PM me please? :)

No, the AN_AAA issue manifests with an inability for ANY mobile data to work. It's visual indicator is a constant switching between o and 3G every 10 or so seconds.

No, the AN_AAA issue manifests with an inability for ANY mobile data to work. It's visual indicator is a constant switching between o and 3G every 10 or so seconds.

Oh wow that sounds bad