NV upgraded sites mixed with IPCS sites

JDD

Hello everyone,

I have already spoke with Sprint Tech department about this, but have not received a clear answer. I live in an area that was the old IPCS area in Central PA. Recently I have seen on Sprint.com that they are upgrading several towers around me but not directly where I live. My question is not about when they are moving into my area but more along the lines of I am dropping a lot more calls in areas that I have never dropped calls before. There are times that my phones will not pick up a tower connection for 1-5 minutes after the drop. This is happening on more than 1 phone. This happens in where I see EVDO drop to 1xrtt.

Just wondering if this is a good assumption or if anyone else has any information that might help with this issue.

Thanks in advance..

Hello everyone,

I have already spoke with Sprint Tech department about this, but have not received a clear answer. I live in an area that was the old IPCS area in Central PA. Recently I have seen on Sprint.com that they are upgrading several towers around me but not directly where I live. My question is not about when they are moving into my area but more along the lines of I am dropping a lot more calls in areas that I have never dropped calls before. There are times that my phones will not pick up a tower connection for 1-5 minutes after the drop. This is happening on more than 1 phone. This happens in where I see EVDO drop to 1xrtt.

Just wondering if this is a good assumption or if anyone else has any information that might help with this issue.

Thanks in advance..

I would start with tech support and make sure there is not a tower issue around you. how good is your signal strength around you?

I would start with tech support and make sure there is not a tower issue around you. how good is your signal strength around you?

I have good signal strength in the locations that this happens. I have spoke with Sprint several times on it. Each time I call there is a different reason that it happens and usually starts with blaming the phone and they have to refresh or reset the devices.

I have good signal strength in the locations that this happens. I have spoke with Sprint several times on it. Each time I call there is a different reason that it happens and usually starts with blaming the phone and they have to refresh or reset the devices.

Can you take your phone in to a Sprint repair center? They have access (same as over-the-phone Care) to a service called the Service Trender, which can give an overview of whether or not it is actually the device itself or the phone.

That being said, if when talking to Care, they don't actually file a ticket, they won't do anything for you. Insist on a ticket, or ask someone in a store to file a CTMS ticket for you.

Recently I have seen on Sprint.com that they are upgrading several towers around me but not directly where I live. My question is not about when they are moving into my area but more along the lines of I am dropping a lot more calls in areas that I have never dropped calls before. There are times that my phones will not pick up a tower connection for 1-5 minutes after the drop. This is happening on more than 1 phone. This happens in where I see EVDO drop to 1xrtt.

At least in my part of the Sprint world, service degraded considerably as NV upgrades started (dropped calls, poor connections, weird text behavior, etc.), but then improved significantly as towers received new hardware. If this is the same for your area, it may mean that your NV implementation is progressing.

• Like 1

Can you take your phone in to a Sprint repair center? They have access (same as over-the-phone Care) to a service called the Service Trender, which can give an overview of whether or not it is actually the device itself or the phone.

That being said, if when talking to Care, they don't actually file a ticket, they won't do anything for you. Insist on a ticket, or ask someone in a store to file a CTMS ticket for you.

I can take it to a store and have them look at it. I can't do it until the weekend as the nearest Sprint store that can do this for me is about 1.5 Hours away in the wrong direction from where I am normally.