alcatel lucent

Not sure what you are asking but I'll try to be helpful.

Sprint's 3G and 4G LTE runs into the same antenna enclosure.

Here is a picture:

7097344567_4c0b17e1b1_k.jpg

So there are actually multiple antennas in that enclosure.

Does that help?

• Like 2

Here is a picture:

Does that help?

Is that how all new towers/enclosures will look?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Is that how all new towers/enclosures will look?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Obviously the structure they are mounted to differs greatly from location to location... but for the most part, most will look like that with six antennas inside feeding into the remote radio units. The exact configuration also can differ.

There are ground mount options as well, which robert has written about on the main page.

Hopefully this is helpful.

I see those all over the place now expesciall in worcster mass. To bad not in ct. I love the antennas being red and rrus being silver hahah

The specs sheet says that the panel faces can be painted, but the RRU's cannot. There is an optional solar shield that AlcaLu is now installing in Phoenix, Vegas and San Diego that fits over the RRU's. These can be painted if needed.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Some people think there an eye sore i dont mind them! There is a tower buy my house that sprint owns they are the very top i thought sprint was working on it but it was really att adding lte to the tower. Verizon was already down and sprint has there very thing 3g antennas. :(

Here is a picture:

Does that help?

I work with coax at work and electrical tape over a connector is a big no no. It traps moisture inside cauing it to rust. We use heat shrink with a glue that seals. Makes a mess if needs to be removed but no moisture.

I work with coax at work and electrical tape over a connector is a big no no. It traps moisture inside cauing it to rust. We use heat shrink with a glue that seals. Makes a mess if needs to be removed but no moisture.

Makes sense. I am sure Sprint's new sites have connections that don't allow moisture to get in.

Here is a picture:

Does that help?

I think the OP was asking about Alcatel Lucent NV equipment specifically. That appears to be an Ericsson panel.

I think the OP was asking about Alcatel Lucent NV equipment specifically. That appears to be an Ericsson panel.

The picture in your quote is definitely an Alcatel Lucent panel and AlcaLu RRU's. These are not Ericsson.

Robert

that 800mhz rru looks huge. do u guys know for sure if it can handle 1x and lte? hopefully it does so they won't have to come back to install 800 lte

I believe so, that's why they are putting them in during a single trip.

The Samsung 800 RRU definitely does LTE and CDMA together. The Ericsson 800 RRU's currently do not do LTE together with CDMA, and have to be separate.

With AlcaLu, I'm not certain. I know that on AlcaLu GMO sites, on 1900 they have CDMA and LTE on separate RRU's. I assume that 800 would be the same. However, I think that AlcaLu was working on a RRU that could do both. Ericsson too.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

That is butyl and tape, see link.

http://multimedia.3m...TSevTSeSSSSSS--

It is absolutely the "industry standard" for all connections some carriers IE att are starting to use some clam shells. as a labor saver.

z250, I assume you work in the cable industry?

That is butyl and tape, see link.

http://multimedia.3m...TSevTSeSSSSSS--

It is absolutely the "industry standard" for all connections some carriers IE att are starting to use some clam shells. as a labor saver.

z250, I assume you work in the cable industry?

yes I do. We just use heat shrink. Takes two seconds

• 1 month later...

So there is no way to tell if a Alcatel-Lucent tower has been upgraded to LTE without testing a LTE connection? In other words, I would like to upgrade to an LTE-capable phone, but if the tower closest to my house will not produce an LTE signal that I can receive in my house, then I will not upgrade. Right now, the tower in question has been NV upgraded to faster 3G speeds. Would I be able to differentiate between an upgraded NV tower versus one that been modified with an LTE panel?

So there is no way to tell if a Alcatel-Lucent tower has been upgraded to LTE without testing a LTE connection? In other words, I would like to upgrade to an LTE-capable phone, but if the tower closest to my house will not produce an LTE signal that I can receive in my house, then I will not upgrade.

Why should LTE matter in your house? This is mobile broadband, not a home broadband replacement. You should have a separate broadband provider at home with a Wi-Fi access point for your mobile devices.

AJ

• Like 2

Why should LTE matter in your house? This is mobile broadband, not a home broadband replacement. You should have a separate broadband provider at home with a Wi-Fi access point for your mobile devices.

AJ

Why should I have to have a separate broadband connection at home? I am allowed to consume unlimited data by Sprint, so there is no worry there. I want the ability to watch YouTube and Netflix on my phone. That being said, for argument's sake, let's say the same situation applies to work (instead of my home) and I definitely don't have a wi-fi connection at work. Wouldn't it be nice for me to be able to watch videos on an LTE connection on my phone during my lunch break? Just saying...

Why should I have to have a separate broadband connection at home? I am allowed to consume unlimited data by Sprint, so there is no worry there. I want the ability to watch YouTube and Netflix on my phone. That being said, for argument's sake, let's say the same situation applies to work (instead of my home) and I definitely don't have a wi-fi connection at work. Wouldn't it be nice for me to be able to watch videos on an LTE connection on my phone during my lunch break? Just saying...

It's all fun and games until so many people think like that where it becomes impossible to do use Sprint phones in that manner and Sprint has to resort to aggressive network management and throttling after a certain point, or take unlimited away altogether.

Most people are going to use a gig a day by the year 2020. Did you ever sit back and think of where the bandwidth for that is going to come from?