No clue where my 4G signal is coming from -.-

Have no idea where you are located... ;) Just looking at your serving cell. You are on the northern sector.

Just curious: Why do you say he is on the northern sector? I have been trying to map serving cells in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, and can't seem to find any logical geographic pattern to serving cell ID's. Because I have a GS3, of course the serving cell is all I can get my phone to tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Just curious: Why do you say he is on the northern sector? I have been trying to map serving cells in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, and can't seem to find any logical geographic pattern to serving cell ID's. Because I have a GS3, of course the serving cell is all I can get my phone to tell me.

Thanks in advance.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page__view__findpost__p__90231

I think he meant to ask how do you know he is on the northern sector (and hence to go south) from the serving cell number? I ask the same myself.

Luisrodg is correct: I have driven around several known LTE towers in my area. I was looking for the "169" sector offset per your reference (which I have read multiple times), or something approximating it (the formula can be interpreted to allow a value of up to "9" different from the predicted 169 as the serving cell ID approaches 502). I am unable to find any such pattern on my local cells. For example, a tower on Hanson Road near Algonquin Road in Algonquin, IL, apparently squawks "428" to the northwest, "153" to the northeast, and "433" to the south. Other towers in the vicinity seem to be equally arbitrary, for example one further west which looks like it squawks "3", "145", and "164" clockwise from northwest. The "169" formula may work in other places, but does not appear to do so in my part of the Sprint world. I am asking if anyone has better insight than I do about how Serving Cell ID's are assigned specifically in Chicagoland.

I am asking if anyone has better insight than I do about how Serving Cell ID's are assigned specifically in Chicagoland.

Chicago is a Samsung infrastructure market. Samsung "enginerring" is a bit different.

;)

AJ

Chicago is a Samsung infrastructure market. Samsung "enginerring" is a bit different.

;)

AJ

Sort of like their spelling. I guess I'll just have to go on an extended rant about the injustice of living near Chicago, of the GS3 showing only partial data, of the installations following a pattern known only to Mayor Rahm and the Pope, etc., etc., etc., etc.

Le Sigh . . . :(

(Anyway, thanks AJ for the clarification.)

;)

AJ

DOH.. Forgot about the Samsung thing. It's an Ericsson thing that allows 167 sites to be near each other then that's where the sector 169 jumps come from.

Sent from my little Note2

Sort of like their spelling. I guess I'll just have to go on an extended rant about the injustice of living near Chicago, of the GS3 showing only partial data, of the installations following a pattern known only to Mayor Rahm and the Pope, etc., etc., etc., etc.

There is another. Ditka also knows the pattern, of course. Da Bears!

:P

AJ

• Like 1

If no one in your market is keeping track of the serving cells and sites on a spreadsheet like we do in the NOLA market, then you'll just have to get in the car and drive to it. You could start up your own spreadsheet for you area, let me know if you need a hand doing so.

Dangelo110, Your profile says your a sponsor level. Check out the site maps for your location that's a good first step. you also have LAT/LONG on your screen shots. Google Maps is your friend to get you close by

• Like 1