GNEX and airave issues continue

hescominsoon

• 1 month later...
Note 2, S3, and EVO LTE here work fine on the Airave version before the 2.5.

Speaking of which. Recently Sprint and Airave Inc passed 2 Airave's thru the FCC. I forgot to start a post on it.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

I hope they actually release an airvana that actually works without all the various bugs..airvana 1.0 was texting errors..2.0 was faulty gps..and 2.5 just simply doesn't work right at all..:)  Any timetable for the release of these airaves?

I hope they actually release an airvana that actually works without all the various bugs..airvana 1.0 was texting errors..2.0 was faulty gps..and 2.5 just simply doesn't work right at all..:) Any timetable for the release of these airaves?

Nope. It could be anywhere up to the end of this year of maybe never. Just because it passes the FCC doesn't guarantee release. Sad to, because some people get all excited for something, and then it never gets released.

I hope they actually release an airvana that actually works without all the various bugs..airvana 1.0 was texting errors..2.0 was faulty gps..and 2.5 just simply doesn't work right at all..:) Any timetable for the release of these airaves?

Nope. It could be anywhere up to the end of this year of maybe never. Just because it passes the FCC doesn't guarantee release. Sad to, because some people get all excited for something, and then it never gets released.

Sounds like CES.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

After deploying about 10 or so airaves around where I work (half were version 2.5 the other half were 2.0). I can tell you the 2.5's just work and work reliably. The 2.0's will die about once every two weeks requiring a restart. Of course this is a small sample... Anyone seen any differences from my observation?

Also, has anyone had any luck getting an airave to Sprint network handoff to work reliably on any phone?

Sent from my EVO LTE

After deploying about 10 or so airaves around where I work (half were version 2.5 the other half were 2.0). I can tell you the 2.5's just work and work reliably. The 2.0's will die about once every two weeks requiring a restart. Of course this is a small sample... Anyone seen any differences from my observation?

Also, has anyone had any luck getting an airave to Sprint network handoff to work reliably on any phone?

Sent from my EVO LTE

On the original first version made by Samsung that I never touched for years since it just did it's own thing I could hand off to the cell network all the time with success.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

Sent from my EVO LTE

i'm glad they've worked for you but there is a known and acknowledged bug with LTE devices and the 2.5's..:)

Almost all the 300 devices I support are not LTE so I could be completely in the dark, however I use my personal evo lte for testing airaves all the time and never notice any significant issues. The only interesting thing that happens on my evo as opposed to the dumb phones is it tends to hang on to whatever network it is connected to for much longer than I think it should.

All the phones we have seem to have trouble handing off from an airave to the rest of the Sprint network.

Do you have any details of the bug you have seen? I believe you, I am just curious as to where it has been reported.

Sent from my EVO LTE

it is only with lte devices..if you don't have any you won't see the bug..as far as handoff to sprint..i can't test that as i don't have sprint service when i leave the house for at least a mile..:)

I had a 2.5 with my Galaxy Nexus, had tons of problems. Calls dropping within 5 minutes of connecting, double and triple text messages, text messages not sent. Nobody could solve it. Sent it back, and got a version 2 (just by sheer luck I'm guessing, I did not specifically request a 2).

It's been running since early January with no problems at all, with all the phones I've owned since then: Galaxy Nexus, BlackBerry Curve 9350, and HTC EVO 4G LTE. The GPS did not lock in the same place the 2.5 did, so I used the external antenna attached to a window and it works great.

Now that Sprint is upgrading the towers around me, I'm getting 3 bars of 3G with good LTE in the parking lot of the apartment complex where before I'd do extremely well to get 1 bar of barely usable 3G. Hopefully once the other towers are upgraded I'll be able to send back the Airave.