S3 accounted for 39% of sprints sales

mc_gusto

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/25/kantar-android-back-on-top-of-us-smartphone-market-share-in-january/

Its decision to cut the Galaxy S III's contract price to $99 supposedly helped Samsung's flagship climb from 14 percent of Sprint sales in October to 39 percent over the more recent 3-month span. The Galaxy S III didn't play as much of a role elsewhere, Kantar says.

That's a lot of LTE devices. At least half the devices sold should be lte. Should be more purple on the map!

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

It thrills me that Sprint is willing to be aggressive with Samsung and Android with the Fruit in its stable. When sprint got the iphone, critics babbled that Sprint would have to become an "Iphone shop" to meet its agreed purchase. Well, this is proof that Hesse didn't see it that way and he was right.

Would love to see Sprint score an exclusive on the S4....

It thrills me that Sprint is willing to be aggressive with Samsung and Android with the Fruit in its stable. When sprint got the iphone, critics babbled that Sprint would have to become an "Iphone shop" to meet its agreed purchase. Well, this is proof that Hesse didn't see it that way and he was right.

Would love to see Sprint score an exclusive on the S4....

Honestly I believe the days of exclusives are long over for mainstream high profile devices (GS3, GNote, etc.)

• Like 3

Honestly I believe the days of exclusives are long over for mainstream high profile devices (GS3' date=' GNote, etc.)[/quote']

Pardon, I meant initial exclusive. Theres no chance of sprint getting an exclusive device, but it would be awesome if sprint had the s4 for sale a couple weeks before everyone else

Honestly I believe the days of exclusives are long over for mainstream high profile devices (GS3, GNote, etc.)

Unfortunately, so far there appear to be only two high enough profile devices to avoid exclusives. Besides the iphone and the Galaxy Sx there isn't another device that can achieve carrier pervasiveness. HTC is trying with it's One phone, but it couldn't get vzw on board. And nokia still only has devices on ATT.

Unfortunately, so far there appear to be only two high enough profile devices to avoid exclusives. Besides the iphone and the Galaxy Sx there isn't another device that can achieve carrier pervasiveness. HTC is trying with it's One phone, but it couldn't get vzw on board. And nokia still only has devices on ATT.

Yeah but other than Verizon, everyone else is getting the One, and I'm also considering global carriers as well.

• Like 1

Pardon, I meant initial exclusive. Theres no chance of sprint getting an exclusive device, but it would be awesome if sprint had the s4 for sale a couple weeks before everyone else

I agree, but I think Samsung would just do a global launch, similar to Apple.