Will Sense 5.1 be available for EVO LTE

kckid

• 3 weeks later...

http://htcsource.com/2013/08/htc-one-x-android-4-2-2-update-with-sense-5-commences-rollout-in-europe/

HTC One X now receiving Sense 5 and Android 4.2.2 in Europe, shouldn't be too long for the EVO - provided Sprint doesn't decide to screw us.

If it happens it would be after the one gets updated to 4.3 I would assume. So I will say sometime in october if the one suppose to be at 4.3 by the end of september.

If it happens it would be after the one gets updated to 4.3 I would assume. So I will say sometime in october if the one suppose to be at 4.3 by the end of september.

Why would the ONE getting 4.3 have anything to do with the EVO. It's practically EOL already. Better off gettting a OG or GS3 for free 

Why would the ONE getting 4.3 have anything to do with the EVO. It's practically EOL already. Better off gettting a OG or GS3 for free 

Lets think about this for a second, why would sprint update the evo to 4.2.2  and a newer version of sense while the current flagship One is still on 4.1.2 with a slightly older version of sense?  The One is going straight to 4.3 in a month or so, so like I said I would be very surprised if the evo will get updated before the one.  Its not too often(if ever) where you see the previous years flagship running on new software than the current years flagship.

• Like 4

Lets think about this for a second, why would sprint update the evo to 4.2.2  and a newer version of sense while the current flagship One is still on 4.1.2 with a slightly older version of sense?  The One is going straight to 4.3 in a month or so, so like I said I would be very surprised if the evo will get updated before the one.  Its not too often(if ever) where you see the previous years flagship running on new software than the current years flagship.

Good point, but the One already has Sense 5, the E4GLTE won't even get all the features of Sense 5.

At this point, use evo lte users are just waiting until our upgrades kick in in 4-5 months.  No one is going to buy a One at this point, unless their phone is broken/not functioning.

Good point, but the One already has Sense 5, the E4GLTE won't even get all the features of Sense 5.

At this point, use evo lte users are just waiting until our upgrades kick in in 4-5 months.  No one is going to buy a One at this point, unless their phone is broken/not functioning.

More like nine months but who's counting :lol:

I got my Evo LTE in January '13.  I'm always getting phones JUST on the edge of something really great - GS4 came out a few weeks later.  

It's like that with any phone.  You will run more apps/use more space as time goes on.  Also there are always going to be some weaknesses in your phone that bother/annoy you.  I think this age of quadcore/2gb/Triband/3K mah battery phones is the golden age though.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2013/09/android-4-3-hitting-us-based-htc-one-models-soon-says-htc-insider.html

looks like the EVO LTE is getting the same treatment as the One S, Sense 5 update has been denied.

But will it still get Android 4.2? I'd really love to have native group messaging support, a la iMessage.

But will it still get Android 4.2? I'd really love to have native group messaging support, a la iMessage.

I sent LlabTooFer a tweet regarding this article and he said the EVO is still getting the update, though no timeline. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The article doesn't seem to talk about the upcoming sense 5/android 4.2.2 update. All signs point to that update still coming. The Evo will not be getting 4.3 and sense 5.5.

Did I miss something?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Thats the problem with Htc, they only think about new flagship updates without keeping in mind that last years flagship users will be looking for a device next year and if they had a bad experience with HTC, they wont be purchasing new htc models and be on the lookout for another manufacturer.

• Like 1

Thats the problem with Htc, they only think about new flagship updates without keeping in mind that last years flagship users will be looking for a device next year and if they had a bad experience with HTC, they wont be purchasing new htc models and be on the lookout for another manufacturer.

I actually think that HTC has been quite generous with this phone. We started off with 4.0 and got 4.1 and will get 4.2. I think that's a reasonably long life for this device. 

It also only appears to be this device and the One S that won't get 4.3, so that isn't bad. The One X is still living!

• Like 2

I actually think that HTC has been quite generous with this phone. We started off with 4.0 and got 4.1 and will get 4.2. I think that's a reasonably long life for this device. 

It also only appears to be this device and the One S that won't get 4.3, so that isn't bad. The One X is still living!

I think its bogus. I don't know if this is an HTC issue or a Sprint issue but if the One X is getting it then so should the EVO.

• Like 1

Are we still sure it'll get 4.2?  I really want the group messaging!