Samsung Galaxy S4 Rumored for March 14th of 2013

HappyHappy

with all these updates mostly on software side except for a good few update hardware specs, will they be avaliable for s3 and/or Note 2, like s translate, s health etc...?

with all these updates mostly on software side except for a good few update hardware specs, will they be avaliable for s3 and/or Note 2, like s translate, s health etc...?

I'm sure a good Dev will port them

It burns when I Tapatalk...

I wish they would stop throwing a damn S in front of every random (or should I say relabeled/re-branded) feature!

Hopefully the Note 3 will come in some uber special translucent edition, that would be just tits

The press release says that the first LTE model will be FDD only and later in the year a TDD-LTE model will be released.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I think it geared to users like me that have the galaxy s2. I like the 5inch screen note is to big. The us version is getting 4core cpu. You don't need an 8 core in a phone. Now that it supports the 800mhz band im picking it up when ever they decide to tell us a release date.

I think it geared to users like me that have the galaxy s2. I like the 5inch screen note is to big. The us version is getting 4core cpu. You don't need an 8 core in a phone. Now that it supports the 800mhz band im picking it up when ever they decide to tell us a release date.

Did I miss something? I haven't read anything that says it supports Sprint's LTE Band 26 (SMR 800), other than people drawing that conclusion on their own.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Gizmodo has a writeup here on all the features. They seemed underwhelmed some - they felt it was too similiar in appearance to the SIII (cue Apple and the iPhone similarity of appearance) and some of the features meant it "wasn't the droid you were looking for" (groan).

http://gizmodo.com/5990644/samsung-galaxy-s-iv-hands-on-everything-new-is-old-again

It is funny how if you don't upgrade the case, 60% of the people yawn. It is definitely a solid generational upgrade. And there is a lot of innovation tech they are trying out to see if it takes.

This reminds me of all the whining when the iPhone 4S came out. Samsung is getting a little taste of their own medicine. Remember the Samsung ads mocking Apple fans, who asked of the 4S, "How will people know I've upgraded??". :hee:

• Like 4

The gs4 will probably still sell like hotcakes but it seems like the general consensus is that most tech sites still prefer the One over the gs4 even though the gs4 is packed with so many additional features, weird. For what its worth though, I prefer the gs4's design a hell of a lot more than the gs3's "pebble look".

Did I miss something? I haven't read anything that says it supports Sprint's LTE Band 26 (SMR 800), other than people drawing that conclusion on their own.

I just asked a sprint rep and a rep on there Facebook page saying it supports the 800 band in addition to the others.

I just asked a sprint rep and a rep on there Facebook page saying it supports the 800 band in addition to the others.

They are probably referring to CDMA 800, not LTE 800. And I would not consider that a reliable source.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

Still not trustworthy. They have redacted twitter info before as have other carriers.

I can't wait for this device to go through the FCC oet though.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Still not trustworthy. They have redacted twitter info before as have other carriers.

I can't wait for this device to go through the FCC oet though.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

How long does that take.

How long does that take.

Without knowing when Samsung submitted the application (which is not public knowledge), it is difficult to guess except to say that it will happen by the time Samsung releases the phone.

Edited by GoWireless

They are probably referring to CDMA 800, not LTE 800. And I would not consider that a reliable source.

They could also be referring to the dreaded "Cellular 800 MHz."

AJ

• Like 2

Do we know whether it will or won't support SVDO or is that something we have to wait for it to come out of the FCC to know?

Mark my words, it will not support SVDO. No new handset has in over six months.

AJ

• Like 1

SVLTE is fine with me at this point although my Note 2 and SGS3 both had an active data connection while on the phone in a 3g area. So who knows