Network Vision/LTE - GA/SC Coast market (including Savannah, Charleston and Hilton Head)

irwinshere

Dj, ohio right now. Low country soon.

Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Awesome! You will love it here! I work with an engineer from Dayton OH that moved here a couple years back. He said its home as soon as you get here.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Posted Image

This is what I have been getting from my work tower for a week. (Ladson rd. And palmetto commerce parkway) I would look up the site id but as you can see data is non existent. This test was done outside and I'm about 7 tenths of a mile from the tower. It use to work pretty well outside. 90% of this commerce park didn't exist as little as 10 years ago. With Boeing here now in our park and the explosions of this particular area in size, I hope they throw some 800 MHz at us when this tower comes back up. I rode over there just now to chat with the guys but they are gone but the gates are still open. They must have went to lunch as well. I will keep u guys posted if and when they come back.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here and I'm happy to share the news that I have.

I left home this morning for work this morning as I normally do for work. There was no 4g signal in sight. I did notice that my 3G signal was stronger than usual. I have a bad habit of running speedtests throughout the day to see how good/bad my data connection is.

Let me just get right to it. I came home this afternoon and couldn't believe that I actually had a 4G signal on my phone!!!! 4G seems pretty decent right now in the Hanahan/North Charleston area (near Northwoods Mall). I haven't explored the area to see how far the signal can stretch. I'm just so excited that I actually have a Sprint 4G signal in SC!!!!

I can't figure out how to post a picture right now, but I do have some results from a speedtest that I ran. Hopefully someone else is getting 4G as well.

Test Date: Aug 27, 2013 6:22:21 pm
Connection Type: Lte
Server: Augusta, GA
Download: 12.68 Mbps
Upload: 1.54 Mbps
Ping: 113 ms

External IP: 66.87.133.203
Internal IP: 29.160.103.203
Latitude: 32.94750
Longitude: -80.03555

http://www.speedtest.net/android/562262614.png

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

I left home this morning for work this morning as I normally do for work. There was no 4g signal in sight. I did notice that my 3G signal was stronger than usual. I have a bad habit of running speedtests throughout the day to see how good/bad my data connection is.

Let me just get right to it. I came home this afternoon and couldn't believe that I actually had a 4G signal on my phone!!!! 4G seems pretty decent right now in the Hanahan/North Charleston area (near Northwoods Mall). I haven't explored the area to see how far the signal can stretch. I'm just so excited that I actually have a Sprint 4G signal in SC!!!!

I can't figure out how to post a picture right now, but I do have some results from a speedtest that I ran. Hopefully someone else is getting 4G as well.

This is awesome... Go out and run some Sensorly (and if you see the Sprint people tell them to head back up to Myrtle Beach LOL)..... It is nice to see them finally rolling the ball ALL OVER South Carolina...

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Hey buddy congrats on your side of town! I'm on the other side of town over on the Ladson/Summerville side. My buddy was over on rivers today and he held on to LTE almost the entire length of rivers from goose creek to Greenridge Rd. Where he turned off. They have lit up a hand full if towers the past cpl days around here. Hoping that my home tower on trolley is next lol

• Like 2

Update guys,

As I said earlier I have had failed speed tests and/or download speeds of 0.00 at my work tower. Well check out the speed test below that I just got all of a sudden sitting in my office inside our steel and concrete building. Just went to lunch and rode by the tower and there was one guy over there in a red/burgundy Jeep Grand Cherokee.

** I also noted that the legacy antennas are now gone. All that's up there are the RRU's and the new NV antennas. Good times!

I hope that guy is over there doing some LTE rain dance! I will keep y'all posted! :-)

u8ape8y4.jpg

• Like 2

I also got a good speed test from the LTE signal on Rivers on the 27th.  Almost 20Mb down and 5Mb up!  I also received an LTE signal briefly on N Rhett and Remount this morning (29th) but was unable to run a speed test. It looks like Sprint has upgraded the towers and have began testing.  Hopefully it wont be much longer before they leave the LTE on!!! 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/621432328

• Like 1

Daniel,

I have also noticed alot of failed speed tests and funky signals in the area over the past few days.  I would assume that this would be normal until they have fully tested the LTE towers before going live.  It is nice to see LTE every now and again!  Shouldn't be much longer!!

Mike

Update guys,

As I said earlier I have had failed speed tests and/or download speeds of 0.00 at my work tower. Well check out the speed test below that I just got all of a sudden sitting in my office inside our steel and concrete building. Just went to lunch and rode by the tower and there was one guy over there in a red/burgundy Jeep Grand Cherokee.

** I also noted that the legacy antennas are now gone. All that's up there are the RRU's and the new NV antennas. Good times!

I hope that guy is over there doing some LTE rain dance! I will keep y'all posted! :-)

u8ape8y4.jpg

• Like 1

Daniel,

I have also noticed alot of failed speed tests and funky signals in the area over the past few days. I would assume that this would be normal until they have fully tested the LTE towers before going live. It is nice to see LTE every now and again! Shouldn't be much longer!!

Mike

I hope that's what the deal is lol fingers crossed. Given that they have fired up a few sites, maybe we are close as well! :-)

I am hoping that 4g will stretch to Daniel Island for me. So ready for this. I'm mapping on sensorly as we speak.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Great! I am unable to map on sensorly as I have an iPhone :-( maybe when some of these towers in Summerville go live you could map em for us.

I am hoping that 4g will stretch to Daniel Island for me. So ready for this. I'm mapping on sensorly as we speak.

I did get a short lived 4g signal in Daniel Island this morning. I got it on 526 right before the Daniel Island exit. I also got it on Clements Ferry (around 526) this afternoon. I'm hoping it expands a little more in the Daniel Island area though.

I did get a short lived 4g signal in Daniel Island this morning. I got it on 526 right before the Daniel Island exit. I also got it on Clements Ferry (around 526) this afternoon. I'm hoping it expands a little more in the Daniel Island area though.

The tower is right off Clements Ferry. Very close to 526. But its about equidistant with one across the Wando in Mt. Pleasant off Long Point. So, it's a question of which one a phone will connect to at any given moment.

I noticed the LTE on Rivers around the 29th as well. It's awesome!! I stayed with Sprint through the WiMax fiasco. It finally looks like we're going to get some LTE love her in Charleston.

Just one question. I live near Cane Bay, just down from Jedburg road. Do ya'll think LTE will reach that far out? Hey, I'm happy with the improvements even if not. Inside my home I used to get 1 bar if I was lucky. Now I get 2-3 bars, and the speed is greatly improved.

Thanks, 

And Goooo LTE!!!  :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just mapped with Sensorly around the WalMart shopping center across from Azalea Square on Main St. in Summerville. Got full bars of 4G and attached is the speed shots. Not very fast but of course it isn't fully implemented yet, so meh. Just glad to see 4G in Summerville. Awesome! Will keep you all updated.

post-13974-0-19192200-1379016687_thumb.png

post-13974-0-76154000-1379016771_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

FYI, there is a solid line of LTE going down i95 in this market that appears to be bogus... I took my time from just south of Florence all the way through into GA this afternoon and the only places I got LTE was the two expected spots (Yemmesse and Hardeeville) -- I DID get a really nice speedtest in Hardeeville (23mbps down/7mpbs up)... things were really all the way.. often roaming on Verizon -- lots of 1X data... phone getting hot trying hold signals... I hope this is a sign of repairs in progress...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Pooler, GA and have noticed a lot of failed speedtest as well. Yesterday it seemed like the whole network in Pooler was down. Today, however  I noticed my speedtest were 1.50mbps range (download)   Ive never had speeds that quick here in Pooler :)

Come on LTE :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...