Network Vision/LTE - GA/SC Coast market (including Savannah, Charleston and Hilton Head)

irwinshere

Do we have a forum for the ga/sc coast market yet? I could not find it. Maybe i just missed it.

I don't think there is. You get the honor of starting it. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do we know if this area is going to be mostly GMO or full build sites?

It's a mix. Mostly full build in Savannah/Charleston metro areas. Mostly GMO in rural areas and highways.

Robert

Just posted the first 25 sites accepted over in the Sponsor forums for the GA/SC Coast Market: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1120-comments-related-to-nv-sites-complete-thread/page__view__findpost__p__105682

Robert

• Like 1

Is beaufort scheduled to get lte or is it just a gmo area?

Its a mix of GMO and full build in Beaufort. There definitely will be LTE deployed in Beaufort.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Nothing at all. It belongs to clearwire which is a wholly independent corporation from sprint (for now). If Sprint buys out Clearwire then they might possibly tear our the wimax tower and locate it to a nearby Sprint tower and turn on TDD-LTE in later stage of NV.

So maybe I missed it...but what phone was this connection accomplished on?

Nothing. It is a Protection Site. They have to keep it running or they will lose their FCC license to operate in that area forever.

One day, they may convert it to TDD-LTE. But not likely within the next few years.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Does anyone know anything about LTE in the Charleston/North Charleston/West Ashley area? Even any rumors? 3G here is absolutely abysmal. I get as bad as 10kb down with 2400ms ping...

They are just beginning deployment in your market. It is probably still several months out until the first LTE starts to go live. First very sporadically. A tower here and a tower there.

They are just beginning deployment in your market. It is probably still several months out until the first LTE starts to go live. First very sporadically. A tower here and a tower there.

Thanks. That's good news, even if it's far from now. Charleston has been needing some love from Sprint.

Dont you have wimax in charelston?

There's a wimax protection site downtown, and one in Ladson. Unfortunately, these won't work with an LTE handset like mine (s3), are too far away to be of any use to the majority of people here, and last time I used the downtown one with my s2 it's speeds had dropped dramatically.

There are no full WiMax deployments in SC. Only some scattered protection sites. Thankfully LTE will be much more widespread in the Low Country.

Does that mean clearwire has very little backhaul in place in this market?

Only at the protection sites they've installed. It will likely be years before Clearwire ever comes in and installs any LTE in South Carolina. But Sprint will be installing LTE on their own all over the state in 2013. They will likely not be 100% done this year, but they will have some coverage in every SC community the serve before the end of the year.

• Like 1

Anything for augusta ga

Augusta is in the Georgia market. At this moment, only GMO sites are being worked on. However, full build sites should start in the next 45-60 days in the Georgia market.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For the past few days, Charleston has been having some serious data issues. 3G takes forever to/doesn't connect, and when it does its slow and pages time out.

What I've been hoping is that this has something to do with NV being rolled out, and isn't just data issues.

Any way to know what's causing this for sure?

What about 29673. I turn down the road to my house have full bars then 2 minutes later no bars no service. It has been this way almost a month. I can't go all year without any decent service at home.