sorry for the dumb question, but does switching to LTE/CDMA mode to see eHRDP vs. CDMA only do anything to improve speeds seen? In other words, do I need to connecto to eHRDP to see increase in speeds?

Edited by puch96

sorry for the dumb question, but does switching to LTE/CDMA mode to see eHRDP vs. CDMA only do anything to improve speeds seen? In other words, do I need to connecto to eHRDP to see increase in speeds?

The only thing changing between EVDO and eHRPD is the route that the traffic is taking to the internet. The EVDO traffic goes thorugh the legacy MSC, while the eHRPD traffic routes to the new 4G Cores. You'd only see faster speeds if the MSC is bogged down or if there is a problem on one of the two routes.

So the family and I are thinking about building a house in the Portland area. I know where the towers are from the sponsor maps, but I'm wondering if anyone has some real world experience in that area with Sprint devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Forum Runner

So the family and I are thinking about building a house in the Portland area. I know where the towers are from the sponsor maps, but I'm wondering if anyone has some real world experience in that area with Sprint devices.

I have family that live between Belding and Ionia. Drove from there to Portland a few years ago. Took the back roads from Ionia to Portland. I remember having pretty weak signal throughout the area unless I was within a mile or two of town. Seemed to be better once on I-96.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have family that live between Belding and Ionia. Drove from there to Portland a few years ago. Took the back roads from Ionia to Portland. I remember having pretty weak signal throughout the area unless I was within a mile or two of town. Seemed to be better once on I-96.

Small world, I drove to Belding last Sunday to return a laptop I'd fixed to a friend. Took that exact route, weak signal, but Google navigation never dropped on my Note 2

• Like 1

Small world, I drove to Belding last Sunday to return a laptop I'd fixed to a friend. Took that exact route, weak signal, but Google navigation never dropped on my Note 2

My Mom's family is from the Grand Rapids area, and I was born there. My grandparents lived in Belding until their passing. Still have a lot of family in the area.

• Like 2

Wow, it really, really is a small world. Next time you're in the area (or you too, jefbal99, or anyone!), stop by the Sprint Store in Lowell and ask for the tech. If your family has Sprint phones, I've probably fixed them; ours is the closest repair center for Ionia, Belding, and Saranac.

I haven't been to Portland myself, but I've been to Lyons and south around Keefer Highway, and that area I found to be a dead zone for all cell phone coverage. My phone was having trouble getting any signal, whether that be Sprint or roaming (VZW). Mind you, I was using the EVO LTE at the time...

• Like 1

Wow' date=' it really, really is a small world. Next time you're in the area (or you too, jefbal99, or anyone!), stop by the Sprint Store in Lowell and ask for the tech. If your family has Sprint phones, I've probably fixed them; ours is the closest repair center for Ionia, Belding, and Saranac.

I haven't been to Portland myself, but I've been to Lyons and south around Keefer Highway, and that area I found to be a dead zone for all cell phone coverage. My phone was having trouble getting any signal, whether that be Sprint or roaming (VZW). Mind you, I was using the EVO LTE at the time...[/quote']

Crazy small world, my family has camped at Tyler Creek for over 20yrs. End up in Lowell all the time for stuff. The sprint store there isn't corporate so I had to go to 28th Street in august to get my mom a photon q doing the early upgrade.

• Like 1

Crazy small world, my family has camped at Tyler Creek for over 20yrs. End up in Lowell all the time for stuff. The sprint store there isn't corporate so I had to go to 28th Street in august to get my mom a photon q doing the early upgrade.

yeah, we are a preferred retailer, so we are sadly limited in certain manners, upgrade buy-up being one. But if it's done over the phone, we can honor it. If you're ever around Lowell, stop by!

yeah' date=' we are a preferred retailer, so we are sadly limited in certain manners, upgrade buy-up being one. But if it's done over the phone, we can honor it. If you're ever around Lowell, stop by![/quote']

I won't be back in that area until the spring, but I'll remember to stop by.

Is Nile part of West Michigan or South Bend market?

I'm pretty sure it's in the west Michigan market I'll take a look real quick

yup its in the West Michigan market

Edited by keelerman8042

I'm pretty sure it's in the west Michigan market I'll take a look real quick

yup its in the West Michigan market

I was in Niles on Monday and didn't have any LTE (or EVDO)...

EDIT: In fact, I just looked and if it had been working as of Monday I would have picked it up as I was on the train (you can see the line on Google maps) back from Chicago to Niles.

I was in Niles on Monday and didn't have any LTE (or EVDO)...

that sucks that's why I was wondering if maybe it was coming from a site down there in south bend somewere, but maybe well see somthing in this week's update hopefully

There is a site in East Michigan with work done on it, new panels, RRUs, and verizon flags for buried fibre to the site. Hope to see sites accepted in the next few weeks and more work occurring.

• Like 4

darn!! if it was up toward ann arbor id go check it out, good news tho hopefully theyll start showing up on the list

Start looking at all Sprint panels for RRUs behind them...

Start looking at all Sprint panels for RRUs behind them...

Theres one by the michgain/ohio border that i always go by when going and leaving work that I try to look at, but its hard to get close because its in the middle of a farm on someones property....ill have to take a trip up 23 and see if anything is up that way this weekend then

Anyone spotted anything in the west of "West Michigan"? I was really hoping Grand Haven/Muskegon would get some Sprint love since Verizon has had LTE here for nearly a year. I haven't seen a thing in my travels.

Where Verizon has LTE coverage will have zero effect on when Sprint will upgrade an area to LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Where Verizon has LTE coverage will have zero effect on when Sprint will upgrade an area to LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Naturally. My point was this is a populated enough area to probably warrant an upgrade. Just wondering if anyone has seen something I haven't. Sprint 3g is so slow in Muskegon its literally unusable anyway (15-20 kbits down all day) so there's likely a long way to go

• Like 1

Naturally. My point was this is a populated enough area to probably warrant an upgrade. Just wondering if anyone has seen something I haven't. Sprint 3g is so slow in Muskegon its literally unusable anyway (15-20 kbits down all day) so there's likely a long way to go

This thread http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/ contains the most recent information. Sprint is running about 3 months behind, so adjust start dates accordingly. This is based on old information, so don't regard it as fact, but it is about the best information out there.