Make a donation to the site to see the sponsor maps with much greater detail on tower locations and what is completed vs. in progress

Where do you donate at on this site? Looked earlier and nothing came up.

Where do you donate at on this site? Looked earlier and nothing came up.

Main page, upper right, PayPal button.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

How long does it take to get your code after you donate?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

your aleady all set youve been upgraded no code required now. Should be able to view the sponsors fourms now.
  • Like 1

Lansing peeps might want to look at Sensorly in the mid michigan area

Edit in: maps haven't updated yet

Edit 2: zoom in and there is purple

No 4g in Byron Center this morning but did pickup some at 18th(Byron Center ave) and 108th

Hey Jay, haven't seen you in years, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will make a great addition here!

N8ODV

You have to really zoom in on Sensorly, but coverage goes north on Canal

ForumRunner_20130202_192916.png

[ATTACH]2143[/ATTACH]

Nice! Just looked at the big map on the desktop, that goes pretty good to the North!

Nice! Just looked at the big map on the desktop' date=' that goes pretty good to the North![/quote']

Want to go back out there and map m99, island hwy and other roads, but kiddos are napping.

I used the signal check pro app developed by a member here to get notified. No airplane mode cycling, it just dinged at me.

• Like 1

I'm seeing some purple pop up on sensory just west of Belding on 44 and Lincoln Lake Road.

I couldn't see that at first had to zoom way in, kinda faint, but good to see.

Want to go back out there and map m99, island hwy and other roads, but kiddos are napping.

I used the signal check pro app developed by a member here to get notified. No airplane mode cycling, it just dinged at me.

I can't seem to find that app in the Play Store, can you point me in that direction?

I can't seem to find that app in the Play Store' date=' can you point me in that direction?[/quote']

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueline.signalcheck

There is a free version too

https://play.google....ine.signalcheck

There is a free version too

Thanks, got the 2 buck version, I wanted the audible notification, and it helps the developer. Now I just need to be pleasantly surprised when I get an unplanned notification.

Hi Bruce nice to see ya hope to see you in Dayton this year

That's my plan, to head down there with the usual gang. Hope to see you there, and maybe even some Sprint LTE on that tower near Hara Arena! Saw a post in another thread where a member posted some Dayton area site permits, but that one wasn't there yet.

So I have only one good picture of the Eaton Rapids tower as there is no good way to get close enough, even with an 300mm zoom lens (however, the camera is only 6MP). The odd thing is the NV panel was shorter than the legacy PCS panel next to it. There was only a single RRU, which is expected because the Lansing area falls into the 800Mhz border exclusion zone. Is Samsung using a smaller panel that doesn't support SMR in areas that can't get 800Mhz right now?

So I have only one good picture of the Eaton Rapids tower as there is no good way to get close enough, even with an 300mm zoom lens (however, the camera is only 6MP). The odd thing is the NV panel was shorter than the legacy PCS panel next to it. There was only a single RRU, which is expected because the Lansing area falls into the 800Mhz border exclusion zone. Is Samsung using a smaller panel that doesn't support SMR in areas that can't get 800Mhz right now?

It's possible it's a similar type of panel that we have seen used in Ericsson markets, narrow beamwidth panel. Either for very urban areas, or rural areas with wide cell spacing trying to focus the signal down highways. I wouldn't imagine that they would not put up 800 capable panels only to have to replace them later once they make an agreement with Canada.

Does it look anything like the panel circled in red?

MO_Compare.JPG

It's possible it's a similar type of panel that we have seen used in Ericsson markets, narrow beamwidth panel. Either for very urban areas, or rural areas with wide cell spacing trying to focus the signal down highways. I wouldn't imagine that they would not put up 800 capable panels only to have to replace them later once they make an agreement with Canada.

Does it look anything like the panel circled in red?

MO_Compare.JPG

I didn't really see them from that angle, but they very well could be the same antennas. I'll get my picture uploaded soon.

I have "4G" lit up next to the signal bars at M6 and Kalamazoo ave in GR. Speed was only about 3 mbps but im still very excited! Was only 3G this morning.

For the past week 3G speed downtown has been usable again too.

• Like 1

I have "4G" lit up next to the signal bars at M6 and Kalamazoo ave in GR. Speed was only about 3 mbps but im still very excited! Was only 3G this morning.

For the past week 3G speed downtown has been usable again too.

Make sure to run Sensorly when you can!