Finally experienced LTE in Byron Center yesterday and holy crap is it fast. I mapped into BC and back to the freeway after our meeting with the builder.

I was interesting that my wife's Photon Q picked up LTE before mine Note 2, however, I'm thinking that my Note 2 has a larger antenna and was holding on the the previous tower just a bit longer.

Can't wait for LTE to saturate over the next 6 months.

• Like 1

Finally experienced LTE in Byron Center yesterday and holy crap is it fast. I mapped into BC and back to the freeway after our meeting with the builder.

I was interesting that my wife's Photon Q picked up LTE before mine Note 2, however, I'm thinking that my Note 2 has a larger antenna and was holding on the the previous tower just a bit longer.

Yeah when I was out there earlier this week the second time I noticed it took awhile to switch over to LTE and it really hung on to it for a couple minutes before switching back to 3g when I knew I had already left the area of the LTE so I had no data for a couple minutes. However the good news is once it's all up and running there will be no need to switch unless you leave the major areas.

I just re-read my previous post, one more thing, if you press that little upload arrow, next to the magnifying glass, on the details screen it will force the app to send in it's data.

Thanks for the post that helps, maybe it was working then and I just didn't know it lol. Anyway it'll come in handy as the sites go live over the next few weeks/months.

Edited by Theot

In my experience, the Photon was one of the slowest finding LTE on its own. It could have just been a scan time coincidence, it just happened to do an auto scan just at the right time. Or it is possible the scan timer has been adjusted in a recent update. I haven't used the Photon on LTE since Thanksgiving weekend.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

My Note 2 picks it up up and down the highway there. I have to go into airplaine mode, then back and it switches. I loose it right at the auto auction. My buddy I ride with to work couldnt pick it up and he has an LTE.

Has anyone gone in some buildings in Byron? Wondering how well it fairs...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Work's in McDonalds, but the tower is in the parking lot ;)

Has anyone gone in some buildings in Byron? Wondering how well it fairs...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The same as 3G. Signal goes down 8-12 dBm on average.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Can someone drive through Grand Haven with Sensorly

No LTE active in Grand Haven. I need to walk up to the tower behind Meijer which is the one that services most of the busy area of GH. I live right next to the tower but I'm a little far to see if there's any new stuff up there and I don't have any binoculars or other optics. I should be able to walk right up to the base of the tower though.

I'll bite the bullet and put Sensorly on my phone though anyway.

No LTE active in Grand Haven. I need to walk up to the tower behind Meijer which is the one that services most of the busy area of GH. I live right next to the tower but I'm a little far to see if there's any new stuff up there and I don't have any binoculars or other optics. I should be able to walk right up to the base of the tower though.

I'll bite the bullet and put Sensorly on my phone though anyway.

I heard a rumor that the tower south is active. But it might be the allendale one now that purple is poping up there

Three new sites accepted in the West Michigan market yesterday. More details in the Sponsor section: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/687-network-vision-site-map-michigan-markets/page__view__findpost__p__97581

Robert

• Like 2

I'm new to the forum - this is all great news! Has anyone seen activity on towers around Kalamazoo or Battle Creek? I can't wait to see some purple along I-94.

Make a donation to the site to see the sponsor maps with much greater detail on tower locations and what is completed vs. in progress