Network Vision Explained

What is clearwires td lte

Time Division LTE. Instead of uplink and downlink using different frequencies, uplink and downlink alternate in time on the same block of frequencies.

AJ

• Like 1

Is one type of LTE better than the other?

That's a lot like asking if one type of beer is better than another. There are some advantages to both. If one was clearly superior in every respect it would be the only one anyone uses. Without getting into technical TDE vrs FDE details Clearwires TDE has much more bandwidth (speed and number of connections without overloading) available due to all the rf spectrum they have access to. Its 2.5 Ghz however and won't penatrate buildings as well or travel as far as if it was on a lower frequency for the same power level. It seems ideal for what they want to use it for, adding capacity and speed to cell hot zones that are overloaded. They may even go so far as to put tiny cell sites inside high use buildings off loading all that congestion from the rest of the network.

That's a lot like asking if one type of beer is better than another. There are some advantages to both. If one was clearly superior in every respect it would be the only one anyone uses. Without getting into technical TDE vrs FDE details Clearwires TDE has much more bandwidth (speed and number of connections without overloading) available due to all the rf spectrum they have access to. Its 2.5 Ghz however and won't penatrate buildings as well or travel as far as if it was on a lower frequency for the same power level. It seems ideal for what they want to use it for, adding capacity and speed to cell hot zones that are overloaded. They may even go so far as to put tiny cell sites inside high use buildings off loading all that congestion from the rest of the network.

Thanks for the responce! I do like the beer reference LOL. Im trying to self teach myself about this tech stuff. I think if I could I would go back to school and make a change career change into this field.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more curious to know if with volte will it be possible to handle conference calls like gsm carriers where you can add more than 1 xtra person to a call and then actually just hang up on one person rather than having to hang up all lines.

Will LTE eventually allow for simultaneous voice and data like GSM?

It's not an LTE feature. It is a device feature. Currently, all the Sprint LTE devices released to date support simultaneous voice and LTE, except the iPhone 5. When VoLTE becomes a reality and voice is carried over LTE, it still will be dependent on the device whether simultaneous voice and LTE data will be supported.

Robert

• Like 1

Is it normal to get multiple texts when NV starts. At first I thought it was because I was connected to my Airrave but I unplugged it and still getting multiple texts and people saying why do u keep sending that text over and over again and I only sent it once. So I was wondering what the issue could be.

Is it normal to get multiple texts when NV starts. At first I thought it was because I was connected to my Airrave but I unplugged it and still getting multiple texts and people saying why do u keep sending that text over and over again and I only sent it once. So I was wondering what the issue could be.

I have had this issue occur before long before Network Vision started. This is not a known NV problem.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Its not Just Sprint, Still on Verzion here until March. I have been getting the same thing more so in the last year or so. 3-4-5 repeats of the same text. It started around when Verzion Deployed 4G here. Still on 3G device. Wonder if its some weird 3-4G back and for thing goingon.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You mentioned Columbus, anything on Cleveland, Ohio?

I don't follow Cleveland, try asking in their forum. http://s4gru.com/ind...ne-ohio-market/ and/or read some of the latest posts there.

This thread is more for talking about the technology and network. You will get better answers in the proper thread.

When will pittsburgh pa get some network vision?

I don't follow Pittsburgh, try asking in their forum http://s4gru.com/ind...tsburgh-market/ and/or read some of the latest posts there.

This thread is more for talking about the technology and network. You will get better answers in the proper thread.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if anyone asked... but will CDMA ever get turned off? With almost all towers going LTE and voLTE and TD-LTE, it seems like CDMA won't be needed in the future. And once CDMA can be turned off, wouldn't Sprint be able to use those spectrum to provide better service as well?

I'm not sure if anyone asked... but will CDMA ever get turned off? With almost all towers going LTE and voLTE and TD-LTE, it seems like CDMA won't be needed in the future. And once CDMA can be turned off, wouldn't Sprint be able to use those spectrum to provide better service as well?

CDMA1X will eventually be retired. But that is not likely until the end of this decade. VoLTE is not and will not be ready to replace the reliability of CDMA1X for many years yet.

AJ

• Like 1

As more people move over to LTE, Sprint can shutdown the EvDo carriers in current spectrum and reutilize for additional LTE carriers.

Sprint should enable VoLTE with SMR. If they can get SMR running this year, they can also get "opt-in" trials for VoLTE. I wouldn't start full stop transfer of customers onto VoLTE until late next year.

Verizon is likely going to hit the gas pedal on VoLTE early next year. That gives Sprint not a whole lot of time before the CDMA ecosystem begins it's collapse.

It would be nice for SoftBank to, post Sprint acquisition, to go out and purchase a WCDMA carrier to hedge their bets. Oh wait. :)

• Like 1

It would be nice for SoftBank to, post Sprint acquisition, to go out and purchase a WCDMA carrier to hedge their bets. Oh wait. :)

Yeah, you know who would like that, the "jizz-um" and "3G-pee-pee" fan boys.

AJ

Yeah, you know who would like that, the "jizz-um" and "3G-pee-pee" fan boys.

AJ

Likely any such hypothetical carrier would be running both HSPA and CDMA for a LONG time. I look at it as two families living under one tent. At least you wouldn't have to deploy different base stations and sites this time.

Bellus in Canada hasn't even given a firm shut down on CDMA2000. I wouldn't expect a new Sprint owned by SoftBank buying hypothetical WCDMA carrier that we all know the name of to deviate from that.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me if this has already been asked...

Does anybody know if the new HD voice on 1x advanced will work when talking to people on other networks that have deployed whatever the GSM equivalent is? For that matter, if I'm using 1x advanced and HD voice and talking to somebody who is also using a new codec but on voice over LTE, will the quality still be higher than a regular cellular call?

QUESTION RETRACTED...FOUND THE THREAD!

Edited by drock2750

Forgive me if this has already been asked...

Does anybody know if the new HD voice on 1x advanced will work when talking to people on other networks that have deployed whatever the GSM equivalent is? For that matter, if I'm using 1x advanced and HD voice and talking to somebody who is also using a new codec but on voice over LTE, will the quality still be higher than a regular cellular call?

QUESTION RETRACTED...FOUND THE THREAD!

See here.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2884-hd-voice-and-nv/