Sprint Airave

In reading the directions' date=' I feel that because the bottom 3 lights are green, it has connected to the Sprint network. Am I correct?[/quote']

It has. Once they're all green, then you'll be good to go.

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy Note II using Forum Runner

Almost at an hour....still blinking red on mobile.

That's fine. If mobile light goes dark then there's a problem. If it lights up solid green, then you'll be all done. Just gotta be patient with the process. Luckily, once you do this once, it should go faster should power get cut off.

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy Note II using Forum Runner

This is not necessarily true. Some routers by default will block the ports required for the Airave (no idea why, it's just VoIP), others have weird compatibility issues. This is why a lot of the time it is recommended to put it in a DMZ, or not behind hte router at all. If it works with no router, and doesn't with the router, the router is the issue.

I always recommend putting a QoS on the router allowing VoIP traffic through the Airave to take up as much bandwidth as it wants, otherwise people complain about it going in/out "randomly". It is very highly dependent on your ISP connection and what else is on your network. It may even be another device trying to use the same ports, etc. causing some weird issue.

Its not just voip. It's actually a VPN connection. Some routers do not allow VPN for obvious reasons.

Sent from my little Note2

No DMZ is needed. No special configuration is needed in your router. Plug the Airave WAN port into a LAN port of your router.

Reset it like mentioned above.

If you are using your internet connection 100% by watching a video or bit torrent, the mobile light will go red.

The unit needs a VPN connection which some routers do not handle well. DMZ gets rid of the headaches (or most of them). I am not sure what is wrong with your setup but utilizing your broadban connection to 100% capacity should not cause your airave to be taken offline like that. Possibly your router is croaking under the immense amount of connections being made via torrents.

Make sure to turn off all your phones, wait a few minutes and power them back up. Had this issue with a 2.0 device and that fixed it.

And if that doesn't work my best advise from years working in Dish tech support call center is "put a potato on it to absorb the negative energy" :unsure:

Way back in this thread someone mentioned an Airave tech help number. I saw you talked with sprint. My experience the Airave guys are very good. Ask for Airave guru. Describe your problem. Then let him trouble shoot. They know the AR / networks / phones very well. They had to flash my Airvanna 2.0 to unsuck things. I have always had success with them. You unit may be toast. At this point you need a pro to trouble shoot it step by step.

Call Sprint and have them remove the device from your account and reprovision it. The red light means that the unit is not allowed to create a signal since the other lights are solid it means that every other part of the airwave is good.

I cannot believe that this thread is already going on 75 posts...

AJ

I realize it may sound stupid to you but I appreciate all the help and suggestions.

The issue is not stupid, but we are 70+ posts into the thread with still no resolution in sight. That is the surprising point.

AJ