G-NetTrack - fieldtest/netmonitor application for UMTS/GSM/LTE/CDMA/EVDO network

Julian

Hello,

Can somebody test this fieldtest/netmonitor android app on LTE and tell how it works.

Here is the link to Google Play:

G-NetTrack

Short description and screenshots:

This is a fieldtest/netmonitor application for UMTS/GSM/LTE/CDMA/EVDO network.

The application monitors the serving CELLID, LEVEL, QUAL, MCC, MNC, LAC, technology, cell serving time and neighbor cells CELLID/PSC and LEVEL.

G-NetTrack%201.pngG-NetTrack%202map.png

Edited by Julian

Using the EVO LTE, I circumnavigated a local LTE site. Here is a screen cap of my results:

33tp3lx.png

For comparison purposes, here is a screen cap of one sector on the LTE engineering screen:

w8xjld.png

A few conclusions...

We may have found an app that displays physical cell ID on all handsets. Note the integer values 129, 130, 131. They do not differ by the typical 169 interval, but that could be market dependent. This is also the first Android app I have seen that ostensibly identifies LACs, which are the GSM/W-CDMA/LTE equivalent of CDMA1X NIDs. The interesting thing about LAC 43 above is that it shares the same number with CDMA1X NID 43 in this area. So, I surmise that Sprint is numbering and shaping its LTE LACs to match its CDMA1X NIDs in many/all cases.

Now, boomerbubba really needs to take a look at these findings...

AJ

• Like 3

First of all thank you for your cooperation.

I updated the app. Try the new apk here.

CQI is "-" since it is not reported. I am trying to get MCC and MNC correctly (310 120). Tell me if it works now.

LTE Cellid is not PCI since it is 8bits reported (0-255) and not 0-503.

It is very likely that planners chose NID=LAC.

"Device is not compatible" I think. I already returned it to Verizon.

I have not seen this. The app uses GoogleMaps API, so if is not available it won't install but then the message is "Application not installed". Maybe it does not meet some of the requirements in the "Permissions" tab in app description in Google Play.

First of all thank you for your cooperation.

I updated the app. Try the new apk here.

CQI is "-" since it is not reported. I am trying to get MCC and MNC correctly (310 120). Tell me if it works now.

LTE Cellid is not PCI since it is 8bits reported (0-255) and not 0-503.

It is very likely that planners chose NID=LAC.

Note2 here. I noticed when on EVDO it shows the NID as the LAC. Haven't been able to check it out on LTE yet and see if it shows the LTE sector IDs. That would be cool if it does.

Sent from my little Note2

eHRPD shows as 4G instead of 3G and also my eHRPD RSSI is reporting the Sector ID as signal strength. Note2

uploadfromtaptalk1360114723479.jpg

Pretty neat app, though. Would love to see channel, too.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I really like the map tracking feature. Worked great on my Sprint Note 2. But didn't track on my T-Mobile Nexus 4.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

When I look at the LTE engineering screen, the serving cell does not change, and I have been sitting at my desk for the test, yet the log shows it is connecting to different cells. As often as the log shows it changes, should I have seen the service cell change?

I have seen it change when I move from the west side of the tower to the east side.

1WvX2bKl.png

1oN6AE0l.png

With the update it does not log down any info while connected to ehrpd on the main screen. I dont know if it any different for cdma or lte

Same for lte, see that cqi is fixed. I have a hard time reading the dark blue rsrp (which is labeled incorrectly see below.) on the black background, probably the same for the dark gray. See 1st post screen shot. Also noticed what use to be rsrp in previous version is now rssi.

reread post, please don't take anything wrong , just relaying what I see. Love the app!

I found the error and fixed it. Here is updated v4.7 version on Google Play.

Thanks for your feedback. We have GSM/UMTS network and is not possible to test for CDMA phones.

Yes, looks like those issues are fixed, and the color is now just white for values. Just one question? I don't see the cell phone towers when looking at the map with cell selected. Should it be displaying them for Sprint?

Thanks for the app!!!