This tower is going to be delayed

There are RRU's present if you look closely. Looks like a Sprint AlcaLu set up to me.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

It is. The tower is in Maryland according to the article.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

When I initially glanced at this thread title, I saw "This tower is going to be destroyed." Is that indicative of a negative mindset?

AJ

• Like 4

Writing be darned, it's a slide show.

This shows the sad state of journalism in our country.

A crew member went up the tower and lowered he and the worker slowly down on a rope.

Montgomery County Fire officials say that the worker became hypothermic and a "co-worker" climbed up to rescue him.

:td:

• Like 6

Writing be darned, it's a slide show.

This shows the sad state of journalism in our country.

"Really, the truth is just a plain picture." -- Bob Dylan

Well, at least the guy is OK. I'm sure this won't delay the upgrade for too long. They will probably take a day or two to double- and triple-check their safety precautions, but I'm sure the upgrades will resume by Monday at the latest.

This was actually last week, so I'm sure they're back at it. I just saw a little blip on the local news lat week (in Denver of all places) and just thought to search for it yesterday.

So what did he need to be rescued from? Did he get tangled in the cables or something?
. No he was too cold up there he was frozen. I have no heart but I hope after he got warm he want back up there and finish the job

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Hard to believe but when a high rise worker can't get down local emergency services pretty much take a hands off approach. As in once he is on the ground EMS will take him from there. At least that was the story I was always told. Back in the 90's OSHA began requiring tower safety courses for the new high rise workers entering the industry. One training vendor I have had experience with is

http://www.comtrainusa.com/index.php

Before the big uptick in mobile tower workers were brought up through the ranks like linemen in the telecom and electric industry. Those interested in taking a look at today's workers might be interested in this NOVA program about the danger in the industry today.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/social-issues/cell-tower-deaths/in-race-for-better-cell-service-men-who-climb-towers-pay-with-their-lives/

Things have definitely changed.

• Like 1

We need to tip our hats to these Men. They have the most dangerous job in the country. Climbing hundreds of feet in all weather conditions to build our network. Guys are in town now doing vision upgrades. Yesterday my wife cut one of the guys hair so I was able to talk with him. All i csn say is wow these guys have GUTS! Dangerious situations there in at all times. O btw he informed me that they added 2 sites intown on verizon towers. So they do build add sites!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2