Shentel data outage

As a follow up, actually, my wifes SIII is working fine. Called Sprint, they claim there is a nationwide outage that can affect some phones and not others. Any of you having issues with EVO data connectivity? At the end of the day I feel pretty strongly it's a device issue. HTC really did drop the ball on this device, don't think they'll be getting any more of my money.

LTE in hanover pa has been sketchy. sometimes it work and sometimes not. my one friend is a rep for sprint and says that shentel says the panels keep frying themselfs, not all at once but different sectors at a time. one day ill have -95 for lte then it slowly over 2 days fades away to nothing. I guess the RRU's are frying or someting.

I've been having difficulties with 3G and LTE in the Hershey, PA area. Just a week ago I was pulling down great LTE coverage at work, better so than in weeks past, but this week I haven't been able to connect to LTE at all and 3G has been sluggish. I also have a tri-hotspot and it reverts to Wimax now because the signal on LTE has been poor.

I'm having a lot of trouble with lte and 3G in the Bay Area the past few days....did they say anything more specific other than a nationwide outage?

Bay area... California? That would have nothing to do with Shentel issues. Shentel is only in PA, MD, VA and WV.

Bay area... California? That would have nothing to do with Shentel issues. Shentel is only in PA, MD, VA and WV.

I'm aware. In the second post of this thread, he mentioned that sprint claimed there was an isolated, yet nationwide outage.

I'm aware. In the second post of this thread, he mentioned that sprint claimed there was an isolated, yet nationwide outage.

Oh, right. Late night. Fairly certain that was a cop out, does that really sound like something that would happen?

Lots of work still going on in the Bay area with NV upgrades. It's possible the problems you've been having are related to that. Or any number of things.

Oh, right. Late night. Fairly certain that was a cop out, does that really sound like something that would happen?

Lots of work still going on in the Bay area with NV upgrades. It's possible the problems you've been having are related to that. Or any number of things.

Yea, that's what I thought haha. Definitely something sprint representatives would say. That's likely it, there most definitely has been a lot of activity in the Bay Area lately.

Yea, that's what I thought haha. Definitely something sprint representatives would say. That's likely it, there most definitely has been a lot of activity in the Bay Area lately.

Yeah, and unfortunately Sprint probably won't be much help either, as there isn't "officially" any LTE in the area, with the exception of a couple communities north of the area, Santa Rosa and Fairfield and such.

There is in fact a nationwide data outage. It is not affecting everyone, but I assure it is not BS. The appropriate teams have been engaged, and from the updates in getting, it appears they have been working on it all night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

• Like 2

There is in fact a nationwide data outage. It is not affecting everyone, but I assure it is not BS. The appropriate teams have been engaged, and from the updates in getting, it appears they have been working on it all night.

To follow up, all other lines besides my EVO were fine. Data is now working again on my phone as well. Can you explain how an outage could target a specific device or set of devices but not all?

Can't talk about that until a official fix is given, but all affected devices have been identified and are being re-provisioned.

Wow, that's interesting. Can't wait to hear the details of this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1