Caller ID name not set? New feature?

digiblur

Did I just overlook this before? I never noticed this on my account.

Pretty cool, but kinda late, I don't call anyone with a landline caller ID name anymore. Hell I really don't know anyone with a landline anymore.

• Like 1

Where in the site can you find the setting?

Should be right when you log in and you see the phones on your account.. Most will be set as "name" as a default.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Did I just overlook this before? I never noticed this on my account.

Pretty cool, but kinda late, I don't call anyone with a landline caller ID name anymore. Hell I really don't know anyone with a landline anymore.

Cool! Thanks for pointing that out, I never knew about it. I don't call many landlines either, except for work, my mother (who has had the same landline for 49 years), and ordering an occasional pizza. I guess there are few businesses I call once in a while that don't really matter, but it always seemed weird, mine always showed up as "SPSV" or something stupid like that. I always wished it would say the more common "CELLULAR CALL" or something like that. I'm gonna put my name in there now.

MetroPCS has this feature called Screen-it, which allows your cellphone to work like a landline and display the full name and number of the person calling. If you have someone in your phone book it shows the name you have displayed and chosen but if say a doctors office or a friend calls from a new number it shows the full name and number! This is awesome and I don't know why other carriers don't even offer it? And there is no really good way to do this on any of the other carriers. Yeah you can get the smartphone apps that bring up a name and number but you have to have WiFi on or a phone with simultaneous voice and data. I'd be willing to pay $1-5 more per month for this feature! I wish Google Voice would perhaps add this feature as it would be a must have! Why don't call phones have Name and Number caller ID?! Its 2013 already! I guess it's cool Sprint now allows you to choose your own number but it's mainly useless unless they offer a service like I mentioned above. Nice find!

http://www.metropcs.com/metro/browse/feature/featuresCategory/talkCategory/CNP

5th

Because caller ID was never meant to have name. That was bolted on afterwards on the back side.

Caller ID name is a mess and all depends on the carrier that you are calling and which database they are using and if they paid for on particular database or not.

Sent from my little Note2

Because caller ID was never meant to have name. That was bolted on afterwards on the back side.

Caller ID name is a mess and all depends on the carrier that you are calling and which database they are using and if they paid for on particular database or not.

Sent from my little Note2

Exactly. FWIW, I updated mine yesterday and tried it this morning on our Windstream PRI. They are dipping correctly. Vonage did not. Cox did not.

This isn't a new feature, just a better interface to change it. The name shown above your phone number was your CallerID name previously. Clicking it let you change it. There was nothing obvious about that feature though, so I think most people missed it completely..

This isn't a new feature, just a better interface to change it. The name shown above your phone number was your CallerID name previously. Clicking it let you change it. There was nothing obvious about that feature though, so I think most people missed it completely..

Didn't work for me as I have had the name set for a long time above my lines they didn't show up on any land line. I tested this today and it shows up now.

Didn't work for me as I have had the name set for a long time above my lines they didn't show up on any land line. I tested this today and it shows up now.

Hmm, worked for me when I changed mine to Tiger Blood after Charlie Sheen's (meltdown?).

• Like 2