Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

sweyers

there are 3 LTE sites in the central iowa market. unless someone out in the field finds it and posts about it you have to be a sponsor to see the maps to see where it is. dems da rulez

i understand, wish i wasn't so cheap but i am on a fixed income so i have to be. 

NEWSFLASH! I live on the eastside of Dsm here in the area of E. 27th Ct and East University and I noticed briefly I was connected to LTE!

see digi's post right above yours. if you get connected again try and post up some engineering screens so we can see if its coming from the 4G accepted tower or not. based on your location and that you mentioned it was brief i'm going to guess that you were.

Guest mbrinson

I hope this is what your looking for, hopefully I got the engineering screen up and got a screenshot before I lost the LTE signal! 

post-18144-0-66609800-1379301383_thumb.png

Edited by mbrinson

I hope this is what your looking for, hopefully I got the engineering screen up and got a screenshot before I lost the LTE signal! 

attachicon.gifphoto (1).PNG

yep, physical cell id 225 is one of the sectors of the current 4G accepted tower in des moines. so gratz on getting some LTE but unfortunately not from a new tower :(

• Like 1

Guest mbrinson

yep, physical cell id 225 is one of the sectors of the current 4G accepted tower in des moines. so gratz on getting some LTE but unfortunately not from a new tower :(

I'm assuming its from the tower that was accepted on the southside, the furthest i've been able to hold on to that signal is up too about East 21st and Dean ave, but crazy that I was picking it up further tonight. Oh well hopefully we see more action soon!

If you guys don't have the hex to that site, it is in the screenshot there.

• Like 1

Something may be going on at the tower at 2415 Martin Luther King Jr Pkwy. My step sister posted a pic on Facebook of a bunch of workers showing up with equipment. 

thanks for the update, would you be able to attach the pic here so we can see it too?

there are 3 LTE sites in the central iowa market. unless someone out in the field finds it and posts about it you have to be a sponsor to see the maps to see where it is. dems da rulez

I'm a sponsor and can't find where this map is with the 3 live towers?  The one I'm viewing only has the one.

Can you help me out...

I'm a sponsor and can't find where this map is with the 3 live towers?  The one I'm viewing only has the one.

Can you help me out...

sure thing! i'll send you a PM in a few minutes with links to the different maps :)

I'm gonna head up to Fort Dodge tomorrow (I actually have a REAL reason other than the 4G LTE tower hehe) and see if the tower really is live...according to sprint.com/lte, there were supposed "data speed upgrades" done in Marshalltown, but I was there last month and it was still 1xRTT...I am waiting for Carroll to get these upgrades...got a buddy there letting me know the second that happens.

By the way, me and my partner (who both have 4G LTE phones) were in Chicago over the weekend, and unfortunately, Sprint has a LOT of work to do to make their 4G LTE infrastructure consistent in downtown.  It's not all Sprint's fault, though, as there are a LOT more people with Sprint service in Chicago, along with Boost, Virgin, Cricket, etc., so congestion (especially on Michigan Ave.) is common, and not just on Sprint.  I hope when the towers go live in DSM, that it will be consistent!

hey, just checking to see if you were able to get LTE in fort dodge while you were there?

• Like 1

hey, just checking to see if you were able to get LTE in fort dodge while you were there?

Hey there!  I ended up not getting to Fort Dodge on Sunday, but got up there yesterday, and lo and behold......................

YES!  There is actual 4G LTE in Fort Dodge!  Also, not all the towers are active, but a few towers have been updated to 3G!    The 4G LTE tower is located on the North side of the US 20/US 169 interchange for Harcourt/Fort Dodge.  The remaining towers HOPEFULLY will get it, but I'm just glad I don't have to deal with 1xRTT anymore.  There is a tower lingering with 1xRTT near 21st Street (maybe they're updating it in the future?), but I got full 3G speeds at my cousin's house and at Target and Kohl's!  Here are the pictures I gathered:

post-22327-0-89479000-1379546387_thumb.jpg

post-22327-0-33981500-1379546394_thumb.jpg

post-22327-0-87888300-1379546398_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey there!  I ended up not getting to Fort Dodge on Sunday, but got up there yesterday, and lo and behold......................

YES!  There is actual 4G LTE in Fort Dodge!  Also, not all the towers are active, but a few towers have been updated to 3G!    The 4G LTE tower is located on the North side of the US 20/US 169 interchange for Harcourt/Fort Dodge.  The remaining towers HOPEFULLY will get it, but I'm just glad I don't have to deal with 1xRTT anymore.  There is a tower lingering with 1xRTT near 21st Street (maybe they're updating it in the future?), but I got full 3G speeds at my cousin's house and at Target and Kohl's!  Here are the pictures I gathered:

awesome! thanks for confirming that site is live and the screenshots! i'll add the info to our spreadsheet we are using to track stuff and credit you for confirming it! did you happen to run sensorly while on 4G up there?

I wasn't there a friend of mine texted me, I'm assuming its that new tower by the exit.

ah, well if you ever are there, or your friend can follow those steps and get screens sent to you that you can post here we can add the serving cell IDs to our database :)