Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

sweyers

yep, same here, both in ankeny and in johnston/saylorville township area. i've had it twice where i get a text back saying invalid recipient. could be a sign of work, could just be network issues too :(

edit: here is the exact message "Message sent to invalid destination. Please check your number and try again. Msg 2127"

i will add that i did stop by the tower on lower beaver where everything is installed and there was someone there working and it looked like the sprint cabinets where open. i didn't stop though cause i didn't want my b-bops to get cold ;)

• Like 1

i will add that i did stop by the tower on lower beaver where everything is installed and there was someone there working and it looked like the sprint cabinets where open. i didn't stop though cause i didn't want my b-bops to get cold ;)

NEVER sacrifice the B-Bops!

• Like 1

I received 5 SMS failures today within 30 minutes all in Urbandale/Clive along Hickman Road near 80/35.  They were all from shortcode 9230 and all said Msg 2127 as the error code.

Same issue here!!  The people I had issue with were from an iphone 5 with a +1 (515) xxx-xxxx.  The numbers that didn't have a +1 in front of them it wasn't an issue.  I deleted all the "+" symbols in the contacts I was having issues with and it was fixed.  Stupid.  My issues were in Urbandale. 

Same issue here!! The people I had issue with were from an iphone 5 with a +1 (515) xxx-xxxx. The numbers that didn't have a +1 in front of them it wasn't an issue. I deleted all the "+" symbols in the contacts I was having issues with and it was fixed. Stupid. My issues were in Urbandale.

Mine were downtown. I don't have any +1 in my contacts. Maybe a sprint gateway issue.

i know! would take all the anticipation and guess work away! :)

texting issues continue today, its been all over the board, text to android phones, iphones, and non sprint customers will randomly fail. none of my numbers have a +1 on them either. just about everyone i know on sprint has had at least 1 text fail. 

the only pattern i can see is that all the interstate towers (minus the ones between the metro and atlantic along I80) have been getting at least 3G accepted. so they are almost to the point where all the central iowa towers have been accepted except the ones in the metro. and the only reason i can think of that they are doing it that way is because those towers have had equipment installed longer that the ones in the metro here and the contractors are wanting to be paid for them. obviously no way to prove that since we don't know when work started on those interstate towers.

going to see if there is a tech still at the lower beaver tower in a bit and if there is if i can get anything out of them. will report back if i do :)

• Like 1

It's been pretty quiet the last week or so. I wish we knew what the deployment plan was. It would be nice to know the next tower to go up!

hey, since you are a sponsor, not sure if you saw this or not. in the sponsor thread here you can find links to a spreadsheet and a map we started in order to track the updates to IA and NE better. So take a look and if you want to pitch in on checking on towers to see if there is any work going on please do and then report what you find in that thread so we can update the sheet :)

also any discussion related to that spreadsheet and map keep in that sponsor thread please :)

• Like 1

The message "Message sent to invalid destination. Please check your number and try again. Msg 2127" is what got me to this forum, but I like what I'm seeing! :)

I've been with Sprint since 2000. Lots of phone and lots of money later, and I'm seriously thinking about switching. Damn, even the USCellular guys I know are bragging about having 4g. :) Good to know 4g is actually coming. I hope it reaches to north part of Ankeny though!

The message "Message sent to invalid destination. Please check your number and try again. Msg 2127" is what got me to this forum, but I like what I'm seeing! :)

I've been with Sprint since 2000. Lots of phone and lots of money later, and I'm seriously thinking about switching. Damn, even the USCellular guys I know are bragging about having 4g. :) Good to know 4g is actually coming. I hope it reaches to north part of Ankeny though!

welcome! glad you found some useful information here! :) LTE is a very signal dependent technology no matter what carrier you are on. So at the very edge of service with a weak signal you still may only get 1-2meg down even if you are the only person on that tower using it. Ankeny is one of those places that has outgrown the original sprint footprint and needs some help. hopefully with softbank at the helm that will happen. probably not anytime soon, but at some point. I would say that if you have 1-2 bars of voice signal right now you should have usable 4G service in the 3-6meg download speed range. 

of course if/when you upgrade to a phone that supports LTE on 800 you should have no issues. i've been picking up voice signals on 800 all around the metro from towers 20-30 miles away :) one time i was coming upstairs from my basement in my house in grimes and briefly connected to a tower south of Mitchellville!

• Like 1

I had a 4G signal on the southwest side of Des Moines near Park Ave and sw 9th this evening. Can the 14th street tower reach that far or is it possibly another live tower? I lost it as I headed east on park though so I am thinking it is a different tower.

its definitely possible for the current 4G live tower to reach to that intersection, depending on down-tilt most towers have a reach of a few miles around here. my brother was at the QT on euclid right off 235 and connected to the 4G tower briefly. if you install signalcheck from the app store (free or paid version) when you connect to 4G and bring it up it will tell you the serving cell ID of the tower you are connected to. that would tell us if you were connected to the current tower or a new one :)

I had a 4G signal on the southwest side of Des Moines near Park Ave and sw 9th this evening. Can the 14th street tower reach that far or is it possibly another live tower? I lost it as I headed east on park though so I am thinking it is a different tower.

Assuming you haven't had a 4G connection since then, do the following:

Open the dialer then and dial ##DEBUG#

Enter 777468 (Sprint) for the lock code

Select LTE Engineering

Post the 2 or 3 digit number listed next to serving cell.

Assuming you haven't had a 4G connection since then, do the following:

Open the dialer then and dial ##DEBUG#

Enter 777468 (Sprint) for the lock code

Select LTE Engineering

Post the 2 or 3 digit number listed next to serving cell.

It says serving cell 398.

Edited by planeswalker1
  • Like 1

do we have a 3rd LE site on now???   if so where is it?

there are 3 LTE sites in the central iowa market. unless someone out in the field finds it and posts about it you have to be a sponsor to see the maps to see where it is. dems da rulez

there are 3 LTE sites in the central iowa market. unless someone out in the field finds it and posts about it you have to be a sponsor to see the maps to see where it is. dems da rulez

Bmoses keeps reminding me about those maps. I drive all over town and I have only connected to the south side tower.

Bmoses keeps reminding me about those maps. I drive all over town and I have only connected to the south side tower.

yep :) don't forget this is the central iowa MARKET thread, so its not just central iowa just in des moines. the central iowa market goes from north to south border to border and from just west of newton to just west of atlantic from east to west.

there are 132 towers in the central iowa market, granted the majority of them, probably about 100 are in the des moines metro but there are still some outside of the metro that will get accepted just like everything else :)

• Like 1