Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

sweyers

Hey what's the big idea? My 1x800 is gone! But the BID is still 12000

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

The BID is a site identifier based on the which one of the 3 sectors of the site you are connected to on the 1x side. The number is going to be the same whether or not your voice connection is on 1900 or 1x800.

• Like 1

anything new for downtown yet? i dotn need LTE at my house i need it at work, i get 20+ megs via my wifi...

looks like WDM sent last night, so hopefully that means downtown will go tonight or tomorrow night. and just to be clear i mean "go" as in get switched over to NV equipment. we still don't know when LTE will get turned on. 3G may be better after the switch over depending on if fiber was run to the site and if it was hooked up or not.

Looks like there are some towers that got switched over last night. This is the tower that I connect to at work. I didn't have this address yesterday.

yep looks like downtown got switched over last night! got the info from the two shots you posted added to the spreadsheet, thanks!

I was traveling back from Minneapolis earlier this week and found 4g lit up on my HTC One about 20 miles south of Mason City. I know this is the central Iowa thread but wanted to share my speed...so much faster than I thought! Of course utilization has something to do with the result, it's still impressive.

fw64p2.png

• Like 1

only 1 legacy site left in the entire central Iowa market!!!! everything else is running on Network Vision equipment as of today! :D

this post is for bmoses.  looks like i can attach it here, just download it and delete this post. ironmanringtone.mp3

• Like 2

So does that mean the call drops should be done ?

Not necessarily. Sometimes an NV 3G accepted site will have to stay on legacy for a short while after acceptance. Also, some signal fine tuning may still need to be done. However, the call drop issue should be substantially better now. It will still drop when you get to the edge of Sprint coverage though, of course. But the dropping when handing off to another adjacent site should largely be over with.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

My wife just reported that while sitting in the middle of Norwalk (very close to the Police/Fire station), she had LTE on her iPhone for a little bit, then it disappeared.

Edit: Based on the Physical Cell ID my 12 year old pulled up and sent me, it was the Carlisle tower.  That seems like quite a distance.

Any idea when they're going to be switching on the rest of the LTE?

Each site will go live with LTE when the backhaul provider gets the new high speed internet connection installed and Samsung techs get it integrated. All the easy sites should be done soon, if not already. The rest will happen over the next six months or so, one or two sites at a time.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Is there some backhaul work not complete in the Jordan Creek area of West Des Moines? If I'm reading the maps correctly the area towers are accepted but a quick speed test gave me ping times of > 300 ms and download speeds of 0.04 Mbps - pretty much exactly what it has been like the last few years at Jordan Creek. Just curious. This was taken in the Dick's parking lot.

Posted Image

Is there some backhaul work not complete in the Jordan Creek area of West Des Moines? If I'm reading the maps correctly the area towers are accepted but a quick speed test gave me ping times of > 300 ms and download speeds of 0.04 Mbps - pretty much exactly what it has been like the last few years at Jordan Creek. Just curious. This was taken in the Dick's parking lot.

basically yes. obviously sites that are live with LTE have new backhaul in place. other sites that have only been 3G accepted may or may not have fiber backhaul in place/hooked up. some sites i've run speedtests at and gotten over 1 meg consistently, even up to over 2 megs sometimes. these sites have new fiber backhaul hooked up. if you do a speedtest and you still get crap speeds like you saw that means the old T1 backhaul is still in place.

in ankeny by the walmart/target area there over lunchtime during the week you can barely use data. i was just there over lunch today and got 1.3meg down, aka it has fiber hooked up.

Shoot. Didn't realize there was a scenario where NV was accepted but the service still isn't usable. So LTE won't go live with outstanding backhaul issues but NV will - correct?

Never could figure out what the issue was at Jordan Creek. With the Wells Fargo campus and Aviva out there I could never understand how backhaul could be an issue out there.