Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

sweyers

Yes Ames got some good stuff up there the end of last week. More to come of course but they had some good things happen  :)

Consider becoming a sponsor with S4GRU and you'll have access to some additional information on what is happening.  My signature has some links.

I got 4g across from the downtown library today. The BID was different from the tower I usually am off of. I had two bars of signal. I can post my screenshot but the BSL says click for map. Is it possible I'm connecting to the lone 4G tower on the south side?

I got 4g across from the downtown library today. The BID was different from the tower I usually am off of. I had two bars of signal. I can post my screenshot but the BSL says click for map. Is it possible I'm connecting to the lone 4G tower on the south side?

The BID has nothing to do with your data connection it is only telling you where your voice connection is. Particularly during the NV roll out, often voice and data are coming from different sites. We'd need an a screenshot from the apple engineering screens from your iphone or signal check pro and potentially still engineering screens from an android device to tell anything definitively about where you were connecting to.

• Like 2

your voice, 3G, and 4G signals can all be coming from different towers. so the tower that is showing for your voice connection in signalcheck has nothing to do with your LTE connection. that is why we are tracking all of those things in the spreadsheet in the sponsor section. BID = voice connection so you can know what tower voice is coming from. and the LTE ID and LTE HEX in the spreadsheet is what tower your LTE is coming from. so you can reference that if you get connected to LTE to find out where its coming from. If its not listed in the spreadsheet then that means its probably a new LTE tower that no one has confirmed yet.

Like I was telling u guys I don't get LTE at home and I walked 100 feet from my house and I get it. And here's a screen photo of the speed as well.

if you become a sponsor you will have access to the spreadsheet we are doing that has all the confirmed LTE IDs in it. you would be able to look up that cell ID of 293 and see what tower its coming from, its not an ankeny tower and thats why you can't pick it up in your house.

• Like 1

4G at my home this morning in the southwest corner of Ankeny.  It dropped back to 3G a couple times, but during 4G, I got 4 kbps down/1.8 up.  Not exactly Verizon speeds, but it beats 0.2-1.0 down on 3G.

I sm there now and about to see if they will tell me

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

It was accepted last night. That would be funny if they were still installing it when it was already accepted =-O

Nope they are with the city actually working on the water tower. I can get 1xRTT from that tower now but still not pulling any 800 signal from it. I have tried the roads all around in about a mile any direction.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Edited by nmwust

Something has changed or I am seeing a fluke. I've posted before about having the G2 which we all know is a victim of that fallback issue. I was able to go into the hidden menu and choose lte only mode last night and used it for a while. Since it can't get calls while in that mode, I switched it back. This morning I did the same thing for a bit. However, upon going back to cdma+Lte/evdo auto, I watched it go to 3g then back to lte on its own. It's been hooked up to lte for over an hour now. Calls come and go just fine, then back to lte when the calls end. It shouldn't be doing this yet though right? Still on PCI 240 for lte.

Something has changed or I am seeing a fluke. I've posted before about having the G2 which we all know is a victim of that fallback issue. I was able to go into the hidden menu and choose lte only mode last night and used it for a while. Since it can't get calls while in that mode, I switched it back. This morning I did the same thing for a bit. However, upon going back to cdma+Lte/evdo auto, I watched it go to 3g then back to lte on its own. It's been hooked up to lte for over an hour now. Calls come and go just fine, then back to lte when the calls end. It shouldn't be doing this yet though right? Still on PCI 240 for lte.

they must have done something last night to turn on eCSFB as all the people i know with triband phones get LTE without having to do anything and calls/texts work as expected.

• Like 1

they must have done something last night to turn on eCSFB as all the people i know with triband phones get LTE without having to do anything and calls/texts work as expected.

Yeeeeeeessssssssssss! Thank you Sprint!