Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

sweyers

Robert takes the majority of what I say in the wrong tone, I think he doesn't like me much even though I didn't mean anything bad by what I said on Facebook I was merely expressing what my experiences have been with Sprint. I realize that I didn't need to post the complaints that I did, I was more or less making conversation with other people. I guess I didn't know other people on here don't like me either. I thought I was helping gather info about the couple towers around me, I didn't realize I was part of the problem. I'm going to go ahead and stop posting, I may look in from time to time to see what's new. 

Wow....no need for drama lol.

I just wanted to announce my loser moment.  I just upgraded to the HTC One, and I drove over to the 4G tower at Hartford & SE 14th and spent an hour downloading my apps and such.  Used about 1 GB of data doing that alone!  CanNOT wait for it to spread across DSM (airport and Woodland Heights neighborhood, please!)

That is all.

when tri-band devices are so close?!?!?!!? quick take it back and get your old phone back!!!!!  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

• Like 2

LOL I was on my THIRD EVO 4G LTE and it malfunctioned, meaning it wouldn't receive calls or receive text messages unless I was in a call.  I had to hoot and holler at Sprint agents for two hours on the phone before they bumped my upgrade up.  I can't not have a phone that doesn't receive calls.  I know my partner won't let me take his upgrade (he needs it just as bad as I do).  Oddly enough, the data worked perfectly!

I do wish that Sprint would get an upgrade program like the rest of them.  I know it costs money, but it'd be nice.  Ironically, I would NOT give sprint $175 of free money to upgrade six months early.

LOL I was on my THIRD EVO 4G LTE and it malfunctioned, meaning it wouldn't receive calls or receive text messages unless I was in a call.  I had to hoot and holler at Sprint agents for two hours on the phone before they bumped my upgrade up.  I can't not have a phone that doesn't receive calls.  I know my partner won't let me take his upgrade (he needs it just as bad as I do).  Oddly enough, the data worked perfectly!

I do wish that Sprint would get an upgrade program like the rest of them.  I know it costs money, but it'd be nice.  Ironically, I would NOT give sprint $175 of free money to upgrade six months early.

well in that case enjoy the new phone! can't have a phone that doesn't work! and definitely don't use other peoples upgrades! i had a fiasco with that, never again!!!!

I saw workers on a tower in Altoona it looked like they where putting up something new because they had allot of wires hanging from the top with white boxes hanging from them !?!

Where in Altoona so we can keep an extra eye on it  :ninja:

Robert takes the majority of what I say in the wrong tone, I think he doesn't like me much even though I didn't mean anything bad by what I said on Facebook I was merely expressing what my experiences have been with Sprint. I realize that I didn't need to post the complaints that I did, I was more or less making conversation with other people. I guess I didn't know other people on here don't like me either. I thought I was helping gather info about the couple towers around me, I didn't realize I was part of the problem. I'm going to go ahead and stop posting, I may look in from time to time to see what's new.

It's the opposite. I do like you. That's why I have not banned you from S4GRU for your violations, even though I could have.

It's not that I have mistaken your tone, it's because your Facebook posts violated our rules and you ignored my warnings. It's that simple. It is not personal. And I still have not seen anyone say they do not like you. Do we have to let you violate the rules in order for you to feel liked?

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any tower news today? I would hate to be a tech out working in the heat this week.

lol no joke! the heat is exactly why i haven't gone out looking much, too hot to be driving around :( and no i haven't heard or seen anything new yet :(

So I've checked out this thread a few times over the past months and decided it's not enough...I need the maps and tower updates!

How do I become a sponsor of this biznass!?!

Check out this link:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

• Like 1

Had LTE for a few minutes in West Des Moines yesterday. Managed to do a speed test. http://i.imgur.com/2NR7q8y.jpg

would you be able to give me an approximate location of where you were when you got LTE? going to look at the maps and see if i can tell what tower it was coming from. i would think any part of west des moines would be too far away from the currently 4G accepted tower so that must mean a new one! :)

I drove around quite a bit running sensory. Hwy5,235,University and Merle hay mall areas. No 4g connections unfortunately. I'm happy to see someone connected in West Des Moines, so the next time I'm at work over there I will have to do some checking!

I drove around quite a bit running sensory. Hwy5,235,University and Merle hay mall areas. No 4g connections unfortunately. I'm happy to see someone connected in West Des Moines, so the next time I'm at work over there I will have to do some checking!

I can't find it either and I've been driving around.

I can't find it either and I've been driving around.

yeah, the person that posted that has been on this site several times since they posted that and haven't answered my question as to where they were, so take that for what you will.

I saw workers on a tower in Altoona it looked like they where putting up something new because they had allot of wires hanging from the top with white boxes hanging from them !?!

Where in Altoona so we can keep an extra eye on it  :ninja:

8thsw street just west of 65 new antennas are installed!! i did have time to get pics I will try Wednesday  

• Like 1

hmmmm,   i am going back over there then and check again, the closest tower to the east mixmaster is at 58th and Delaware.

58th and delaware has had no work done on it yet, so its definitely not that tower. it is possible that it could be coming from the 4G accepted one thats live so far. at the right spot at the right elevation and no obstructions that wouldn't be too far the signal couldn't get there.