Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

sweyers

So does anyone know what the holdup is? The fair has come and gone. Do all these towers need to be complete before they are lit for 4g?

people need to ignore the fair thing. that came from someone here talking to sprint sales people, believing that what they told him about LTE by the fair, and coming here and spreading that rumor. sprint sales people do not know anything about NV completion/dates/timelines. anybody thats a member here that takes the time to read and learn and understand the process and go out and look at where they are at with installing equipment on towers will know more than any sprint sales person.

as to the hold up, no, no one knows that the deal is. if i had to guess i would say they are short people that do integration/inspection work. between the des moines metro and ames roughly 30% of the towers have all of the equipment installed. so its not like work isn't being done, something is just preventing them from getting turned on. so thats why i'm guessing they are just short handed the people that would do that. every week i'm finding 1-2 more towers that now have equipment installed so nothing is holding up work being done on the towers.

the standard M.O. for samsung markets is that as soon as a tower is accepted as 4G complete it will be broadcasting LTE. every market has been this way, i don't think they would change that up just for the des moines market, we aren't that special. so since the lone 4G accepted tower in des moines isn't broadcasting yet there must be a technical reason that is still being worked on. and no more towers have been accepted because no one has been around to accept them yet.

we are at the point where LTE will be live literally any day now, of course that could be tomorrow and it could be in a few weeks, just be patient and be happy/surprised when you look at your phone one day and it says "LTE" :D

• Like 1

I'm wondering what or who they are using for the backhaul. I dont see any CTL ckts at the addresses listed for the towers on the map. Does anyone know what kind of feed they use for LTE? T1/T3/OC?

i'm assuming its different for every tower. i know the tower on lower beaver by the interstate has mediacom fiber run to it. the ryko water tower on the south side of grimes i *think* has verizon fiber run to it as i saw a verizon truck sitting near it when fiber was being ran.

I don't think we are going to see anything until October 1st like what that other guy said a few pages back. I would think worst case December.

Anybody know what switches to hit and I can turn it on at MLK and Hickman ? Lol

There is already at least one LTE enabled tower in Des Moines. It's just not publicly accessible yet. It should be soon. And there will be more and more in the next several weeks, certainly before October.

There is already at least one LTE enabled tower in Des Moines. It's just not publicly accessible yet. It should be soon. And there will be more and more in the next several weeks, certainly before October.

Is there anyway the public is able to use the LTE tower in Des Moines? like with a custom PRL?

I heard a rumor today that they will not be active until Octobor 1st.

And I believe he is talking about my post a month ago.

I've been 4G hunting unofficially for the past few days (after I heard the 30 minute long LTE story), and so far no 4G anywhere in DSM.  I'm getting too anxious, and yes I lead a very boring life when I'm not working lol.  I went out to Ankeny the other day and no LTE.  Data was working decently in West Des Moines around the Jordan Creek area...

Alot of data speeds IMO depend on density and time of day. Downtown speeds crawl until most people leave work downtown then it is somewhat acceptable. I fail to understand why Sprint doesn't beef up sites that are known trouble spots, esp in downtown or Jordan Creek, near campuses and such. Hopefully NV is the solution. I wish i had more insight as to how Sprint planned out their 3g network in the past. Voice is always excellent in Des Moines. 5 years ago I lived across from Valley West and used Sprint as my ISP for a while their data rates were so good and the price was affordable for a tethering plan.

Okay ! Third time ! Driving by Makenly school by Hartford got LTE for like 10minutes drove around and had LTE for a while !

Spots I got LTE in 1 day!

-East Side libary

- By the Capital

- By Makenly school on Hartford St ! GO TO A LOOK !

• Like 1

Okay ! Third time ! Driving by Makenly school by Hartford got LTE for like 10minutes drove around and had LTE for a while !

Spots I got LTE in 1 day!

-East Side libary

- By the Capital

- By Makenly school on Hartford St ! GO TO A LOOK !

just went to my computer and looked at the maps, all of those are within reach of the tower i mentioned so i bet thats where it was coming from! 

and since its live and there is proof i can finally go

:frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

• Like 4

Guest mbrinson

I live on the eastside of DM, haven't noticed anything as of lately but I may take a late night drive and see if I notice anything, if I do ill take screenshots  :tu:

• Like 1