Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

sweyers

Why aren't they turning on LTE when everything is already done, or appears to be ?

It is a bit of a catch-22 at this point as due to the tri-band issue others pointed out, getting sites 3G accepted and then moving onto other markets to get sites at least 3G accepted is priority number 1 right now. The paradoxical catch is at the pace they were moving before the issue became known, it looked like there was no chance of meeting the original Q1 target date for Iowa/Nebraska. Now that suddenly seems more possible. Getting the NV equipment installed and the 3G acceptances (as they must coordinate sites and cluster them and do the 911 testing, etc) is the difficult part). Within a month at this point, that is probably done for every Sprint site in Nebraska and Iowa. The LTE will follow thereafter as at that point the equipment is already there (assuming fiber is present), there and there is minimal integration to do with other sites.

Two new instances of 800 this weekend. One was in the parking lot of Jordan Creek Town Center and the other was in the parking lot of Valley West Mall.

Sorry for the newbie question but how so I relate what is shown to me in these screenshots to a particular tower on digidbur's map to know whether these have been reported yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is new today. 1X800.

bmoses connected to it on Wednesday. We have a really extensive map on the sponsor side of this site with all of the sites, their current stage of NV deployment, and the identifying data that lets you know where you are connected to for voice and data.

Sorry for the newbie question but how so I relate what is shown to me in these screenshots to a particular tower on digidbur's map to know whether these have been reported yet.

The BID number from signal check pro is a column on the sponsor spreadsheet. This you can go there and compare the signal check pro number to see if it matches an existing site. You can also see the BID for a given site if we have it by clicking on one of the pins on the map. Your second screen shot we have on there. Your first screenshot we don't have, but without an address for the BSL in your screenshot I can't do anything with it. Sometimes signal check pro needs to be restarted if the "Click for map.." persists.

Two new instances of 800 this weekend. One was in the parking lot of Jordan Creek Town Center and the other was in the parking lot of Valley West Mall.

As Nuke said already, you need to restart your phone, looks like it is suffering from the geocaching bug that android has. thats why it says "click here for map" instead of listing an address. We are keeping tack of the BIDs in the spreadsheet. so if you come accross a new 1x800 signal you can check the spreadsheet to see if its already been reported. if it hasn't we would need at a minimum a screenshot of signalcheck with the address listed so we can look it up. even better would be to click on the address and it will load up google maps and go to the exact location of the tower, zooming out a bit and posting a screenshot of that will help too since sometimes the address' that are geocached aren't 100%.

the new one that we don't have i'm guessing is one of the 2 on the south side of des moines along I35 that got accepted last week, but you would need to connect to it again and get the screenshot of the map to verify which one.

here is a screenshot from the tower at Dixon and Washington for the BID,  Guthrie is not quite accurate. i will send screenshots as it is updated.

mysprinttower_zps9893f340.jpg

• Like 1

spoke with the ticket department (I have an open ticket for dropped calls), they said things are going to happen on December 10th tentatively.

That's a week. We don't have 800 downtown at all or on the southside airport side. I don't see that as realistic. I would really like to know how they come up with these dates.

i posted in the sponsor thread about info a little birdie told me a few weeks back, you can find that post here

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4711-nebraska-iowa-market-spreadsheets-and-maps/page-52&do=findComment&comment=242150

cliff notes, expect lots of issues but good things to come out of next week.

That's a week. We don't have 800 downtown at all or on the southside airport side. I don't see that as realistic. I would really like to know how they come up with these dates.

Umm... Getting 3G acceptances and 1x800 acceptances would be the result of the "switch getting flipped" so to speak on December 10th or around there. What you are essentially saying is I don't think it is realistic that there will be more 1x800 at some point next week, because it isn't there this week.

Umm... Getting 3G acceptances and 1x800 acceptances would be the result of the "switch getting flipped" so to speak on December 10th or around there. What you are essentially saying is I don't think it is realistic that there will be more 1x800 at some point next week, because it isn't there this week.

Yes I don't believe we will see any changes but I do have alot of faith in bmoses. I just switched to the nexus 5 so I'm interested to see how it performs on LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I just hope the calls stop dropping, the guy in charge of the account is getting ancy to switch. lol

i've been posting some testing i've done in the sponsor thread, but all the call dropping i have experienced has happened when going from legacy towers to towers that have already been flipped over to network vision equipment. assuming they get things flipped over next week like i have heard the call dropping should be greatly reduced/go away. as long as me and the person on the other end of the line either stay in a NV area or a legacy area, and don't cross over the call doesn't drop, as soon as one of us goes from legacy to NV the call can't hand over and drops.

sponsors can check out the maps in my sig to see what towers are still legacy and which ones are NV to see where the "boundary" line currently is.

• Like 1

FYI Central Iowa! my little birdie sent me an update that as of yesterday they are still on track to flip over the remaining 49 towers in central Iowa to the NV equipment!  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

Remember, during the next week you will be experiencing an increase in dropped calls, delayed texts, and data issues as they bring each cluster of towers online. Once they bring all of the towers online they will continue to adjust things like down-tilt and power output as they tweak the towers for a couple of weeks after that.

We do not know if they will be turning on any 4G next week at the same time or if they will wait until all the towers are online before coming back and turning on 4G. We will be posting the acceptances as they happen next week, and if any of them are 4G, in the sponsor thread. You can find a link to it in my sig :) 

• Like 2

I've been picking up1x800 with BID's 11667, 11538, and 11522. It tends to rotate among these at times. I assume this is from the Boonville road tower West of Jordon Creak since that's were I'm close to, but could not find these specifics in the list.

Also been using a data modem the past few months. Had a lot of resets the last few weeks and mostly bad performance, but 3G signal just got stronger the past few days or so. Boonville tower since my Ant. is pointed towards it. Hopefully this is good for the 4G turn up soon!

• Like 1

Does this mean they will mostly be 800 MHz? Also, does that mean they will all have higher speed 3G?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

any site that is a full build will get 800 on voice at the same time its accepted next week. you can see what sites we know about are GMO or full build in the spreadsheet in the sponsor section. all sites that are the orange pin on our map are currently broadcasting 800 voice. just off the top of my head i would say 95% of the rest of the towers that get turned on next week will have 800 voice. (which means they will also get 800LTE whenever sprints decides to turn that on)

if a site gets 4G accepted it will 100% for sure mean 3G is faster too since that means backhaul was hooked up. if it doesn't get 4G accepted at the same time then we won't know 100% for sure if 3G is faster as we won't know if they hooked backhaul up or are reusing the T1 lines until they come back to hook backhaul up and accept 4G.

I've been picking up1x800 with BID's 11667, 11538, and 11522. It tends to rotate among these at times. I assume this is from the Boonville road tower West of Jordon Creak since that's were I'm close to, but could not find these specifics in the list.

Also been using a data modem the past few months. Had a lot of resets the last few weeks and mostly bad performance, but 3G signal just got stronger the past few days or so. Boonville tower since my Ant. is pointed towards it. Hopefully this is good for the 4G turn up soon!

hello and welcome! if you have an android phone and can spare $2 please download and install signal check pro. none of the 3 BIDs you posted are currently in our spreadsheet, so that means they are new signals! :) once you get reconnected to those BIDs make sure the BSL location feature is on and take a screenshot and post it in the sponsor thread (link in my sig) so we can update the map!!!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Not much to contribute, other than I got to use the LTE in bondurant last night for a while at a clients office. I didn't do a speedtest, but it was so much faster than sprints 3g (obviously no surprise). Browsing webpages was basically as quick as my phone can render webpages (nexus 5), facebook loaded photos very quickly etc. It was nice to finally see what things should be like. 

I was in miami during thanksgiving week, and it wasn't nearly as fast as it was last night. Hopefully this is what we'll see across the whole dsm area.

• Like 2