SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

Mike, now that tri band LTE handsets are almost here, have you built in LTE 800 and TD-LTE 2600 notifications and icons yet?

Haha, not yet.. but once the technical details start coming out, I will get to work! I would love for a tri-band HTC One-ish device to come out, I would snap one up for myself and development purposes.. but it doesn't sound like there is anything like that on the horizon though.

I have said this 100 times, but maybe the more I say it, the better the chances of it happening are: Hopefully the newer devices take advantage of the newer Android routines and don't require as much back-door hacking like many of the handsets out there now do.

-Mike

I just bought the app because of major signal problems around my area and I'm noticing that the BSL address are inaccurate.  My understanding is this was the address of the tower I was connected to.  If this was the case, there would be a tower on a house, middle of a gravel pit and some other nearby locations that are not where the towers are known to be.  Is this a Sprint issue or app issue?

I do have some screenshots if that helps.

I just bought the app because of major signal problems around my area and I'm noticing that the BSL address are inaccurate.  My understanding is this was the address of the tower I was connected to.  If this was the case, there would be a tower on a house, middle of a gravel pit and some other nearby locations that are not where the towers are known to be.  Is this a Sprint issue or app issue?

I do have some screenshots if that helps.

http://www.bluelinepc.com/signalcheck/help/#bslwrong

• Like 2

I think I read somewhere at one time the offset helped 911 dispatcher as it was closer to the center of the coverage area of the cell/sector and was where the would send people to to start looking for the caller if the didn't have a gps location. Obsolete now I think.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I think I read somewhere at one time the offset helped 911 dispatcher as it was closer to the center of the coverage area of the cell/sector and was where the would send people to to start looking for the caller if the didn't have a gps location. Obsolete now I think.

And people in Madision/Milwaukee (and, I think, some other markets as well) are reporting that NV-upgraded sites are now reporting exact site latitude/longitude, rather than the offsets that have always been there.

• Like 1

Your roaming..... Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4

If that's a stock PRL then that's how they are designed, to search for Sprint EVDO while roaming before using 1x data.

This is digi's 65010 PRL

The SID and NID are both Verizon (I think), but the BID is Sprint for the site/sector on the BSL.

The eHRPD is connected to the Sprint site matching the BSL.

My phone was bouncing between Sprint and Verizon and the 1xRTT kinda got stuck on both.  I had to do a Reset Data Connection to get it working again.

You can get GCI out of the old HTC blobs used in 8/30. PCI requires the 4.3 blobs from the GSM/LTE HTC One Google Play Edition in 9/1 and later, but that breaks hardware GPS on the Evo. Maybe the blobs from the upcoming CDMA/LTE Sprint HTC One 4.3 release will fix it, maybe we'll need a Evo 4.2/4.3 ROM

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Any news on the patch for the CM nightlies that will allow PCI and GCI display?  I've tried decks 9/11 and 9/20 builds of CM10.2 and still no joy for PCI or GCI on either.  I'm back with the 8/30 which shows GCI but no PCI.

So what's wing with this screenshot?

Here is a correct 1xRTT screen shot for the tower

uploadfromtaptalk1380068064883.jpg

Any news on the patch for the CM nightlies that will allow PCI and GCI display?  I've tried decks 9/11 and 9/20 builds of CM10.2 and still no joy for PCI or GCI on either.  I'm back with the 8/30 which shows GCI but no PCI.

Unfortunately I think they've given up on using the blobs from the GPE HTC One since they break GPS support on the Evo, at least for the time being. There may be a way to get both GPS and the new blobs to work but it will probably require mixing and matching stuff from the old blobs and the new ones (which is getting into the realm of black magic).

• Like 2

Unfortunately I think they've given up on using the blobs from the GPE HTC One since they break GPS support on the Evo, at least for the time being. There may be a way to get both GPS and the new blobs to work but it will probably require mixing and matching stuff from the old blobs and the new ones (which is getting into the realm of black magic).

Well at least I have GCI. I'll take that over nothing. Thanks for the update lordsutch!

This is digi's 65010 PRL

The SID and NID are both Verizon (I think), but the BID is Sprint for the site/sector on the BSL.

The eHRPD is connected to the Sprint site matching the BSL.

My phone was bouncing between Sprint and Verizon and the 1xRTT kinda got stuck on both.  I had to do a Reset Data Connection to get it working again.

I thought it was weird to see a Verizon 1X connection with a BSL!  Strange blend of information right there.  Did you happen to check and see if your engineering screens were showing the same info?  The SID/NID/BID are all essentially updated with the same command, so I assume your phone was confused at a lower level, it's probably not app-related.  The BSL was probably still displaying because the app doesn't force a refresh unless the BID changes.  Perhaps I should make that a little more broad, since technically you could switch SID and/or NID but hop onto an identical BID.. 1-in-32767 shot I guess?

-Mike

A special announcement from your friendly neighborhood SignalCheck developer:

I will be on vacation and without Internet access from Saturday 9/27 until Tuesday 10/8.

I have intentionally not released any program updates in the last couple of weeks because I wanted to ensure a stable release was out while I'm away.  There are some features in the pipeline that I have been working on and will push out to beta testers shortly after I return.

If anyone has issues or questions, speak up now or wait until I get back.. if I come back..  B)

-Mike

• Like 4

I thought it was weird to see a Verizon 1X connection with a BSL! Strange blend of information right there. Did you happen to check and see if your engineering screens were showing the same info? The SID/NID/BID are all essentially updated with the same command, so I assume your phone was confused at a lower level, it's probably not app-related. The BSL was probably still displaying because the app doesn't force a refresh unless the BID changes. Perhaps I should make that a little more broad, since technically you could switch SID and/or NID but hop onto an identical BID.. 1-in-32767 shot I guess?

-Mike

I'm on CM, no engineering screens

A special announcement from your friendly neighborhood SignalCheck developer: I will be on vacation and without Internet access from Saturday 9/27 until Tuesday 10/8.

I am pretty sure that developers are not allowed to take vacations. It's probably somewhere in Google's Terms and Conditions. I wouldn't be surprised if Google used their NSA connections to get Homeland Security to hunt you down as a Play Store terrorist.

• Like 4

Hi, 

I have a stock Samsung Galaxy SIII running Signal Check Pro.   I do not have a BSL line under the 1xRTT section.  It simply is not there.  I've tried turning on and off the "Enable 1X Base Station Geocoding" to no avail.   The help screen says I'm running version 4.1.4.   What do I need to do to get the geocoding to work?

ETA:  Read the FAQ dummy!   Apparently Sprint isn't sending geocoding data on their new upgraded towers in the Cedar Rapids market.  Bummer!

I am pretty sure that developers are not allowed to take vacations. It's probably somewhere in Google's Terms and Conditions. I wouldn't be surprised if Google used their NSA connections to get Homeland Security to hunt you down as a Play Store terrorist.

Sounds more like something from the App Store's T&C, not the Play Store ;)

-Mike

• Like 2

Hi,

I have a stock Samsung Galaxy SIII running Signal Check Pro. I do not have a BSL line under the 1xRTT section. It simply is not there. I've tried turning on and off the "Enable 1X Base Station Geocoding" to no avail. The help screen says I'm running version 4.1.4. What do I need to do to get the geocoding to work?

ETA: Read the FAQ dummy! Apparently Sprint isn't sending geocoding data on their new upgraded towers in the Cedar Rapids market. Bummer!

Hmm.. I haven't heard of any Sprint sites broadcasting invalid BSL information, that's a Verizon thing. Some updated sites are broadcasting a more accurate location than before. I didn't see any mention of this in any of the Iowa threads. Do you have proper SID/NID/BID values? Feel free to post a screenshot.

-Mike

Hmm.. I haven't heard of any Sprint sites broadcasting invalid BSL information, that's a Verizon thing. Some updated sites are broadcasting a more accurate location than before. I didn't see any mention of this in any of the Iowa threads. Do you have proper SID/NID/BID values? Feel free to post a screenshot.

-Mike

I do not have proper SID/NID/BID values.   They are all -1

What Samsung release are you running? What is the build version?

Android 4.1.2

Build JZO54K.L710VPBMD4

Kernel version: 3.0.31-1130792

My PRL version is 44015