SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

Just an FYI for those interested.  The 9/11 build of decks CM10.2 does not allow SignalCheck to display GCI.  You will need to use the 8/30 build for GCI display.

• Like 1

Just an FYI for those interested. The 9/11 build of decks CM10.2 does not allow SignalCheck to display GCI. You will need to use the 8/30 build for GCI display.

This work for Samsung (note 2) too?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

I don't think so.. deck is a developer who works on HTC devices. Good point though, I wonder if there is any similar progress in CM on Samsung devices?

-Mike

You believe that the GCI & PCI will populate on the right Samsung CM ROM?

You believe that the GCI & PCI will populate on the right Samsung CM ROM?

Hoping but not really expecting it. Digiblur said Samsung doesn't provide the hooks to get the info. I was thinking maybe a rom not based on stock like CM10.2 might have what Samsung and Sprint left out.

Hoping but not really expecting it. Digiblur said Samsung doesn't provide the hooks to get the info. I was thinking maybe a rom not based on stock like CM10.2 might have what Samsung and Sprint left out.

Right, that's what I was saying. I just typed Samsung, so he knew what phone I was referring to. I'm still talking about a CM ROM.

Mike, wanted to throw this out there (and if someone else has mentioned this I apologize as I haven't taken the time to catch up on the thread for awhile and just got back from a long out of state trip), but on my Moto Photon Q, while I can't 100% say it happens every single time, it seems like most of the time when I choose to reset the data connection through the app, the choice to Enable 1x Status Bar icon usually gets disabled after the fact and I keep having to manually go back in and re-enable it.  Is this a bug you're aware of and/or is it something that can be fixed, or just something I'd have to live with?

Mike, wanted to throw this out there (and if someone else has mentioned this I apologize as I haven't taken the time to catch up on the thread for awhile and just got back from a long out of state trip), but on my Moto Photon Q, while I can't 100% say it happens every single time, it seems like most of the time when I choose to reset the data connection through the app, the choice to Enable 1x Status Bar icon usually gets disabled after the fact and I keep having to manually go back in and re-enable it.  Is this a bug you're aware of and/or is it something that can be fixed, or just something I'd have to live with?

Hmm... that definitely should not be happening.  Nobody else has reported that, but I might have figured out why it's doing it.  PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a fix to test out.

-Mike

kind of along the same lines of what was just posted, i've noticed that, randomly as far as i can tell, the check boxes for LTE and 800 audio alerts keep getting unchecked. its not a huge deal since i can just go back in and recheck them, but figured i should mention it as you can't fix what you don't know about :)

kind of along the same lines of what was just posted, i've noticed that, randomly as far as i can tell, the check boxes for LTE and 800 audio alerts keep getting unchecked. its not a huge deal since i can just go back in and recheck them, but figured i should mention it as you can't fix what you don't know about :)

That happens also with me as well come to think of it, but the audio alerts didn't matter as much to me as keeping the 1x notifier on the status bar.

Ahh you guys are killing me! Haha.. nah I do appreciate the reports, like you said, I don't know what's broken until someone reports it.

I have a hunch as to what might be causing some options to become disabled. It probably only happens in certain phones.. looking into it, I'll keep you updated.

-Mike

Not to be an AOLer, but me too. I thought it was related to me lowering the volume to vibrate (for a movie) and didn't catch it for a couple of days. Happened a second time, but don't remember having done anything.

i'm not 100% sure on this but will post it just in case it helps. the only thing i've noticed is i will turn my volume down to vibrate sometimes with the app open. then later on i'll connect to 1x800 and it will only vibrate instead of playing the tone (i've already turned the volume back up at this point) and i'll go in to the settings and 1x800 and LTE audio alerts option is unchecked.

• Like 1

i'm not 100% sure on this but will post it just in case it helps. the only thing i've noticed is i will turn my volume down to vibrate sometimes with the app open. then later on i'll connect to 1x800 and it will only vibrate instead of playing the tone (i've already turned the volume back up at this point) and i'll go in to the settings and 1x800 and LTE audio alerts option is unchecked.

Silent/vibrate mode must be causing it. I haven't seen that "bug" since 4.06, but that was the last time I was using silent/vibrate mode on the regular.

Silent/vibrate mode must be causing it. I haven't seen that "bug" since 4.06, but that was the last time I was using silent/vibrate mode on the regular.

Hmm.. it sounds logical on the surface, but I'm not so sure that's the case.  The alerts are just stored in Android as true/false values passed by the checkboxes on the preference screen; the options themselves do not have anything to do with sound or vibration.  If sound profiles on the device were doing something to third-party app user preferences, that would be a bad thing.

However, There is a component in the app which disables certain CDMA-only preferences if it thinks a GSM signal is present; perhaps some phones are triggering that.  It wouldn't affect any LTE preferences, but it would disable anything related to 800 or 1X.  I am changing and testing those routines now.

-Mike

• Like 1

Not sure if this is related but I was out shopping at a Costco. I tried using internet to compare prices. But I couldn't connect even though SignalCheck said I had a strong EV-DO connection (in the 70's or so).

I've actually had that happen to me also a few times. Personally I think that SignalCheck is picking up signals from a carrier other than the one that the phone is programmed for.

I.E. - SignalCheck is indicating a Verizon signal is present but the phone itself a Sprint phone and can only make use of Spirit signal.

Of course, I could be wrong, but that is just my theory.

I've actually had that happen to me also a few times. Personally I think that SignalCheck is picking up signals from a carrier other than the one that the phone is programmed for.

I.E. - SignalCheck is indicating a Verizon signal is present but the phone itself a Sprint phone and can only make use of Spirit signal.

Of course, I could be wrong, but that is just my theory.

Only the chosen ones can use a Spirit signal.

• Like 5

Mike, now that tri band LTE handsets are almost here, have you built in LTE 800 and TD-LTE 2600 notifications and icons yet?

AJ

• Like 5

Very good question.....

:tu: Was thinking the same thing this AM.

Mike may need some help on the new band EARFCN ranges and algorithms.  I hope that we can find someone knowledgable.

AJ

• Like 1

Mike may need some help on the new band EARFCN ranges and algorithms.  I hope that we can find someone knowledgable.

AJ

Boy, It's too bad that we don't have someone who lives near Sprint's home market and knows about that kind of stuff.  ;) 

• Like 2