SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

I wonder how Mike is doing with generating a new version of the app.

Maybe Mike should find a way to not update the old version but come out with a new improved version and charge a fee on the Google Play store.   He needs to be paid and I sure do not have an objection to paying for his time and efforts.

• Like 6

Don't be surprised if he has postponed any work on this app indefinitely. He did say he has been extremely busy.

He's still working on it, just busy at his job and less time to play on dude projects....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Maybe Mike should find a way to not update the old version but come out with a new improved version and charge a fee on the Google Play store.   He needs to be paid and I sure do not have an objection to paying for his time and efforts.

I'd gladly buy a new version of the app.  So much has changed, the amount of work deserves some additional compensation.

• Like 8

$4.99

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Its not like each new Windows OS or Office version is free ;)

Windows 10 was a free upgrade. He could add a donate option to the existing app. LTE Discovery has a continuing support option, he could do something similar.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Windows 10 was a free upgrade. He could add a donate option to the existing app. LTE Discovery has a continuing support option, he could do something similar.

It's a lot of work. He could just start a new app and charge. Upgrades should be free up until a certain point.

Windows 8 was not much of a hit with consumers.  MS did that to just save face and get W10 adoption rate increased.

So here is a question.... 

I took/entered pretty good notes for towers I found/use..   Ran across one today that had no notes???  And I KNOW it had notes.  in fact it was weird, I got off a phone call, it should the notes, then popped back to a tower with no notes??

Very confused... updated tower maybe??  different ID numbers??

Does anybody know how signal check reacts when using a dual SIM phone? I'm thinking about purchasing a dual SIM phone and running Att and TMobile or Att and VZW.

It displays the info of the SIM that is selected for data in my OnePlus 2. The way most dual SIMs work is that it can receive incoming calls from either SIM, and select which SIM for outgoing. But data is through only one SIM at a time. And the SIM selected is displayed in SCP. And there are different preferences that can be set to default a SIM for this and that.

However, it could react different for other Dual SIM phones.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 3

It displays the info of the SIM that is selected for data in my OnePlus 2. The way most dual SIMs work is that it can receive incoming calls from either SIM, and select which SIM for outgoing. But data is through only one SIM at a time. And the SIM selected is displayed in SCP. And there are different preferences that can be set to default a SIM for this and that.

However, it could react different for other Dual SIM phones.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

thank you! Hoping the OnePlus 5 turns out to be a solid phone. Planning on getting that or the next axon device so I can run a dual SIM setup.

• 2 weeks later...

As an FYI, using Magisk root with EARFCN logging causes a lockup and kernel panic on the Pixel XL the second time SCP is launched after a boot. Unsure why it only happens after the second time...

Really we just need an app update that uses the native earfcn method.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Heres hoping that Mike will have an update to SCP soon.

AGREED!!

Howdy all. Checking in again. Yep, same excuse, crazy busy, blah blah blah.. but I have been working on it, slowly. Due to my lack of progress, I've decided to take a new approach to the Android permissions nightmare that is really holding everything up. Everyone is antsy for new features and the new API stuff -- and that includes me.

The big holdup is how the app reacts when someone revokes a permission while it is running; right now it's pretty catastrophic. As in, worst case scenario is the device is frozen until the battery dies (!). Denying a permission doesn't go so well either. Android guidelines (and my conscience) require that the app handle these scenarios properly. However, because SignalCheck is really just displaying a lot of data it's getting from the phone itself, this is more complicated than one would expect.

I'm changing directions and going to leave crude protections in place for those who don't grant permissions, and instead going to focus on adding other new goodies. I can't release it publicly like that, but at least it will hopefully give me a chance to implement some of this new stuff and let others play with it.

I also want to change who has access to beta versions since it's been so long since anyone has gotten an update, but I need to figure out the logistics of that.

Seriously, thanks for your patience. I realize it's been a year, and a lot has changed since then. New band identifiers and new API features will be the first priorities.

-Mike

• Like 24

We are ready to help in various ways.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...