SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

Mike, I am currently test driving my Moto G (2014 2nd Gen) and it seems like SignalCheck takes quite awhile to update itself, I will also test my Moto X (2014) on LTE as well in the coming days.  It's great to be using SCP once again!  :)

Also any of you that are familiar with GSM tech is the CID unique when connected to HSPA/HSPA+? I am trying to figure out the pattern (if there is any) to identify the sectors. 

SignalCheck Change Log

Alpha testing now:

• Added display of primary scrambling code (PSC) for GSM sites.
  • Added option to display LTE and GSM neighbor cells. (Pro)

Mike do you think I could test out the alpha build that includes these features?  My Moto G, Moto X, and N5 would be very happy!  :P

• Like 1

Mike, I am currently test driving my Moto G (2014 2nd Gen) and it seems like SignalCheck takes quite awhile to update itself, I will also test my Moto X (2014) on LTE as well in the coming days. It's great to be using SCP once again! :)

Sorry, didn't see this until now.. I have noticed that non-CDMA connections seem to update much slower than CDMA ones. I do testing with my N5 on T-Mobile and noticed it.. it doesn't appear to be the app, signal updates are just slower.

Mike do you think I could test out the alpha build that includes these features? My Moto G, Moto X, and N5 would be very happy! :P

No.

But you can test out the beta one that should be available within a couple of hours.. :P

-Mike

• Like 1

No.

But you can test out the beta one that should be available within a couple of hours.. :P

-Mike

Can't wait  :)

How does one get the beta version?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Be in Mike's beta crew

• Like 1

Be in Mike's beta crew

We roll deep!!! ;)

I think everyone will like the goodies in this new version.. B41 ID is finally near-perfect; any site notes saved on the B25/26 side will automatically show up when you connect to B41 at the same site (and vice versa); you can choose various options to hide disconnected connection types; you can show neighbor cells if you want.. fun fun fun! Everyone will get it once it proves stable in beta testing for a few days.

-Mike

• Like 5

Crap I just realized with the mention of site notes that I lost my entire database when my flex died. Had the entire St Louis Market tower entries in the site notes pre loaded for B25 and had a huge dent in loading B26 and B41. When Best Buy Geek Squad approves replacement may have a new phone G3 or Note 4 since the Flex is out of stock for refurb and not sold in the store either.

I'd love to be able to edit site notes without the need to be connected to the tower :). I'm looking forward to the new release. I'm hoping it will un-stick the coordinate logging. :)

Concerning SignalCheck Pro 4.26b, everything is good on the GSM side of things.  Right now I'm riding on HSPA+ I'll switch over to LTE later today on my Moto X and test it as well.  One thing Mike concerning grammar; do you think you could change "neighbor cells" to "neighboring cells?"

• Like 1

I'm unable to update a site note. I put in an entry then realized it was the wrong site. I tapped to update, changed the text, hit OK. The old note stayed. I blanked out the note and hit OK, and SCP cleared it. However, when I try to enter a new note, it stays blank.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I'm unable to update a site note. I put in an entry then realized it was the wrong site. I tapped to update, changed the text, hit OK. The old note stayed. I blanked out the note and hit OK, and SCP cleared it. However, when I try to enter a new note, it stays blank.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

What band are you trying to enter the note for?

One thing Mike concerning grammar; do you think you could change "neighbor cells" to "neighboring cells?"

They are known as "neighbor cells".. yes, they are neighboring, but they are known as neighbors.

Are you definitely still connected to the same site after you save the note? I used to think it was happening to me, then I realized that while the site note box was open, the connection would switch sites.. so the note was being saved, but I wasn't seeing it because I wasn't connected to that site any more. Post a screenshot of the site next time it happens, maybe I will see something that gives me a clue.

How long does a version typically stay in beta before public release? More to the point, assuming no major issues, when will us non-tester folks get a hold of it? :)

I usually give it a few days to make sure there are no major bugs that I missed. If there are bugs, I fix them, send out a new beta, and make sure that one is good. I test every update on 4 of my own devices before it even becomes a beta. I'm crazy-busy these days so it also depends on when I have time to do it. I know you want in on it.. I keep the crew to a manageable number for a few reasons though. Be patient, it'll be worth the wait.. ;)

-Mike

• Like 4