Network Vision/LTE - Inland Northwest

userkv8031

I've heard work recently started in this market. This market has a lot of GMO sites (Ground Mounted RRUs). This work tends to go faster. We probably will start having some In Progress and possibly even accepted sites in the next month or so.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Sorry, I don't have any updates, but do you really have a Renegade? I loved that phone!

I do have the Renegade and also really enjoy it. I have broken countless of them over the years. They all have broken at the hinge. If there was a rugged smartphone that could put up with the crap I have put my phone through I would grab one.

No 800 :(

I do have the Renegade and also really enjoy it. I have broken countless of them over the years. They all have broken at the hinge. If there was a rugged smartphone that could put up with the crap I have put my phone through I would grab one.

No 800 :(

I searched high and low for a rugged sprint flip phone and finally got one with the renegade. Then I immediately got an office job and went to a smartphone soon after.

I heard that there will be a LTE direct connect smartphone in the dura___ line coming soon. Hopefully that will fit the bill for you. I always wished sprint would get the Casio gzone phones, but they just stay with big red. They seem like they are old hardware anyway.

• 1 month later...
Wondering if there are any upsates for the Othello Area? Or any news at all?

Some GMO sites should start going live in the next month or so in this market. Full build sites should start in the Spring or early Summer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Inside information that by the end of the year (Summer, Fall) network vision will be complete followed by LTE in eastern washington region. Wimax was skipped by sprint and i cant wait to get it here.

Any news or inside information can be posted here

Guest 503ducati

Inside information that by the end of the year (Summer, Fall) network vision will be complete followed by LTE in eastern washington region. Wimax was skipped by sprint and i cant wait to get it here.

There's a little bit of 4G WiMAX there. :)http://www.clear.com/coverage

Guest 503ducati

giving that spokane is the 2nd most populated city in washington we should have got it!

The Seattle metro area is 4.4 million people (2012 census). Metro "Market" size determines PoPs covered, Seattle metro is 13th largest in the nation.

Spokane, WA. metro is 81st at 674,000.

The Inland Northwest market thread already exists. Threads merged.

AJ

working at a sprint store ill give out as many updates as possible. from what i heard network vision and lte is scheduled to be complete this summer or fall. our market is actually 41% complete, its scheduled to "launch" before western washington.

working at a sprint store ill give out as many updates as possible. from what i heard network vision and lte is scheduled to be complete this summer or fall. our market is actually 41% complete, its scheduled to "launch" before western washington.

No, your market is not even close to 41 percent complete. We map completed and in progress sites, plus we long ago mapped every Sprint site in every market. And the Inland Northwest has no completed LTE sites yet and only 25 completed CDMA1X/EV-DO 1900 sites out of about 150 total sites in the market.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/652-network-vision-site-map-west-washington-oregonsw-washington-and-inland-northwest-markets/

If you become an S4GRU sponsor, you can view those maps and see the progress taking place in your market.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

AJ

you get updated information?

Yep, at least once per week, but usually several times per week. Our crack staff is hard at work.

For a taste, here is what Inland Northwest market completion looks like right now:

1q487o.png

AJ

• Like 1

Thats good to know thanks!

From what i saw and what was explained to me the sites for network vision were 41% complete however that have not turned the switch on (except moscow) the towers due to the fact the are building from the most outside towers to in and they want to prevent calls from being dropped due to if someone was driving and got switched to another tower it would drop the call because of different hardware on the new towers. Also i guess after they flip on the tower they dont launch LTE till fiber is put into the tower.

All the sites completed to date in the Inland Northwest market are GMO sites. Full build sites should be starting soon, but have not started yet. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-340-sprint-deploys-special-ground-mount-option-network-vision-sites-in-some-low-capacity-and-high-engineering-locations/

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I don't have any updates, but do you really have a Renegade? I loved that phone!

Well my Renegade is being retired. The radio is on the fritz cycling between service/no service once a second. Sprint tried to pull information from my phone across the network and was unable to access it so they are swapping it out for a DuraMax. As long as it works I will be happy but I don't expect it to be anything like the Renegade which has been one of the best phones I have had on Sprint. It will be sad to pack it up and ship it back when the new phone gets here.

Sorry no news on this area outside of what has been posted already.

Edited by userkv8031