Network Vision/LTE - East Texas Market (Longview, Tyler, Texarkana, Shreveport, Monroe)

whfd930

ok I'll make that a priority tomorrow.....seems like its up to me and you to map Lte in Tyler right now lol....but im sure there's more ppl in Tyler looking for it but dont know about S4gru.com

Yeah If I find anything I will be mapping it. I even map 3g and keep it on just in case it picks anything up. I even go to athens sometimes. So will maybe be able to help map that area out some eventually. I usually am on the southern half of town unless I give plasma. But I travel by the mahor towers almost daily

Yeah If I find anything I will be mapping it. I even map 3g and keep it on just in case it picks anything up. I even go to athens sometimes. So will maybe be able to help map that area out some eventually. I usually am on the southern half of town unless I give plasma. But I travel by the mahor towers almost daily

ok I'll be mapping whatever I can as well

ok I'll be mapping whatever I can as well

Thank you I was getting worried I was the only one in tyler hah. Have you seen any workers on towers at all? Ive yet too.

Thank you I was getting worried I was the only one in tyler hah. Have you seen any workers on towers at all? Ive yet too.

no I haven't M-F I work 8-5 so I miss any possible activity im assuming

no I haven't M-F I work 8-5 so I miss any possible activity im assuming

Yeah I live out in the boonies, so unless I am in town for work, I don't see it. I know they are out there, but these people work like they are invisible.

Yeah I live out in the boonies, so unless I am in town for work, I don't see it. I know they are out there, but these people work like they are invisible.

lol yea I never see them working. ...when Verizon did their Lte in Tyler I NEVER saw them on the towers working but somehow they got it done without being seen lol....its like they did all the work at night

lol yea I never see them working. ...when Verizon did their Lte in Tyler I NEVER saw them on the towers working but somehow they got it done without being seen lol....its like they did all the work at night

Yeah I remember seeing once a van at the tower right by my house. And never saw anything ever again. AT&T is the same. I am guessing sprint is the same. I have heard of people seeing LTE from different carriers alot getting turned on at night for testing. Would make sense, cause it would mean less traffic being able to connect to it, so they can do their diagnostic work they need on it. And wouldn't be suprised if they do some other stuff at night, but a lot of the NV most likely has to be done at day, like Panel installs, and building the new base units.

i saw them when they did it here in mcpherson

Im going to drive around South Tyler today and use the "Lte Discovery" app and see what happens. I stay in the North end of Tyler and have had some strange things happen to my 3g signal.

My signal Has been weird since I got my service last week. I was trying to see if sprint could check it out and see if it was the phone, and for a while my phone was slower than every phone on the internet, but all of a sudden it sped up and was the fastest, still on 3g though

ok will do

I talked to some people today, only 5 towers left in Tyler left to do upgrades on, and last week, they had 10 left to do, so they have to be making great time. hopefully within a week or two they will turn on the LTE. They are still sticking with the by the end of June story. I got to see some of the screens sprint sees, and what upgrades they have done, and I know it is the truth.

• Like 1

I talked to some people today, only 5 towers left in Tyler left to do upgrades on, and last week, they had 10 left to do, so they have to be making great time. hopefully within a week or two they will turn on the LTE. They are still sticking with the by the end of June story. I got to see some of the screens sprint sees, and what upgrades they have done, and I know it is the truth.

Those speeds in Athens are inconsistent but yet promising. When they complete Athens it should help tremendously because im sure those inconsistent speeds were due to lack of coverage. Looked at Athens on Sensorly today and only a small portion of it showed any LTE connectivity. Meanwhile the info you have about Tyler is what im excited about. 10 towers last week and 5 left this week but im assuming Tyler won't be blanketed with Lte when they flip it on so there should possibly be more towers to add or upgrade

Those speeds in Athens are inconsistent but yet promising. When they complete Athens it should help tremendously because im sure those inconsistent speeds were due to lack of coverage. Looked at Athens on Sensorly today and only a small portion of it showed any LTE connectivity. Meanwhile the info you have about Tyler is what im excited about. 10 towers last week and 5 left this week but im assuming Tyler won't be blanketed with Lte when they flip it on so there should possibly be more towers to add or upgrade

Well I believe it should, But in athens the speeds ranged form like 7-almost 30, then the ones around 1 or so were 3g. I mapped out some of the athens LTE when I was there the other night. It is limited to inside the loop,  and only one tower to my knowledge is LIve, and it is downtown. They had some roads blocked off so I couldn't get closer. And I even heard that Athens wasnt supposed to even get it for awhile, That it was a mess up, and they went ahead with the  buildout 

• Like 1

Well I believe it should, But in athens the speeds ranged form like 7-almost 30, then the ones around 1 or so were 3g. I mapped out some of the athens LTE when I was there the other night. It is limited to inside the loop,  and only one tower to my knowledge is LIve, and it is downtown. They had some roads blocked off so I couldn't get closer. And I even heard that Athens wasnt supposed to even get it for awhile, That it was a mess up, and they went ahead with the  buildout

ook all I know is Athens was announced a few months ago and I've seen small lte coverage for Athens for about 2 months now
  • Like 1

Yeah I heard longview has some live towers jacksonville might as well not sure though. I can say it should be fast

Tyler Tx is 80% done. 5 more towers left until they are done. They are anticipated to be done by the end of the week, or by next week. Back-haul is being done by suddenlink, and is almost done to the leftover sites from what I was told by workers. I have seen at the site near me, two back-haul connections, one from AT&T (old t1's) and the new fiber from the cable co. pls new panels, and everything. Possibly waiting and going to light up all of the current towers at the same time?

Yeah I heard longview has some live towers jacksonville might as well not sure though. I can say it should be fast

was trying to map some Lte today around downtown where I work but only picked up 3g

Well I believe it should, But in athens the speeds ranged form like 7-almost 30, then the ones around 1 or so were 3g. I mapped out some of the athens LTE when I was there the other night. It is limited to inside the loop, and only one tower to my knowledge is LIve, and it is downtown. They had some roads blocked off so I couldn't get closer. And I even heard that Athens wasnt supposed to even get it for awhile, That it was a mess up, and they went ahead with the buildout

7-30Mbps is not inconsistent. LTE is very signal strength dependent. You likely were connected to the same tower with both speed tests. One with a stronger LTE signal and one with a weaker signal. Sprint advertises their LTE as 6-8Mbps. If you get 7 or better, then you're doing good.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

7-30Mbps is not inconsistent. LTE is very signal strength dependent. You likely were connected to the same tower with both speed tests. One with a stronger LTE signal and one with a weaker signal. Sprint advertises their LTE as 6-8Mbps. If you get 7 or better, then you're doing good.

Oh yeah I was definitely fine with those speeds, and was still pretty far from the tower. But was early in the morning with almost no load.

was trying to map some Lte today around downtown where I work but only picked up 3g

Downtown tyler? I dont think tyler will see anything till possibly next week or the week after.

Oh yeah I was definitely fine with those speeds, and was still pretty far from the tower. But was early in the morning with almost no load.

Exactly. Edge of service with no load, 7Mbps sounds about right. The same spot with a well burdened sector would likely be 2-3Mbps.

Exactly. Edge of service with no load, 7Mbps sounds about right. The same spot with a well burdened sector would likely be 2-3Mbps.

oh yeah for sure! I couldnt get into engineering mode whike driving but I got varying speeds from the swme spot. One was around 7 and the ln jumped to 28 . It is still being tested out maybe. But it is fast loading pages.

oh yeah for sure! I couldnt get into engineering mode whike driving but I got varying speeds from the swme spot. One was around 7 and the ln jumped to 28 . It is still being tested out maybe. But it is fast loading pages. But the one thing I really wish they would do is add a tower out near me. We have a major highways and a new tollway connecting the interstate bringing more traffic thru the area. Hopefully they could get better coverage ndsr me. Im almost always going to connect to roaming since I live on thebedgebof sprints coverage and very near a verizon tower

oh yeah for sure! I couldnt get into engineering mode whike driving but I got varying speeds from the swme spot. One was around 7 and the ln jumped to 28 . It is still being tested out maybe. But it is fast loading pages.

The sites in Athens were accepted some time ago. They are no longer testing. If you jumped from 7 to 28Mbps in the same exact location, then your device either changed sites or to a different sector at the same site.