MetroPCS pricing...maybe for Sprint?

jamesinclair

According to this article

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/10/metropcs-unveils-simpler-4g-plans-with-unlimited-data-for-60/#comments

MetroPSC is launching plans at $60, $50 and $40, the big difference being where you get throttled. IE: You save $10 a month if youre willing to be throttled at 2.5GBs.

Many have asked what Sprint will do if they have to move away from unlimited, and I think this is a very good option.

"Yes sir, we can cut your bill be $10 a month. You still get unlimited data, but no more 4G after 2.5GBs, just the very usable 3G"

Any thoughts on Sprint potentially copying this rate system?

According to this article

http://www.engadget....or-60/#comments

MetroPSC is launching plans at $60, $50 and $40, the big difference being where you get throttled. IE: You save $10 a month if youre willing to be throttled at 2.5GBs.

Many have asked what Sprint will do if they have to move away from unlimited, and I think this is a very good option.

"Yes sir, we can cut your bill be $10 a month. You still get unlimited data, but no more 4G after 2.5GBs, just the very usable 3G"

Any thoughts on Sprint potentially copying this rate system?

I think Sprint's image is unlimited and they aren't going to do anything anytime soon to change it.

I think Sprint's image is unlimited and they aren't going to do anything anytime soon to change it.

Right, but doing this keeps the unlimited while still offering a way to save money.

If this were a contract option, we'd put my dad's line on the cheapest, because he uses no more than 100mb a month, while still keeping the rest of us unlimited.

According to this article http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/10/metropcs-unveils-simpler-4g-plans-with-unlimited-data-for-60/#comments MetroPSC is launching plans at $60, $50 and $40, the big difference being where you get throttled. IE: You save $10 a month if youre willing to be throttled at 2.5GBs. Many have asked what Sprint will do if they have to move away from unlimited, and I think this is a very good option. "Yes sir, we can cut your bill be $10 a month. You still get unlimited data, but no more 4G after 2.5GBs, just the very usable 3G" Any thoughts on Sprint potentially copying this rate system?

I understand your point from a retail viewpoint, but from a technological viewpoint it would seem backwards to move LTE customers from their new wide open network back to the overburdened 3G network.

I understand your point from a retail viewpoint, but from a technological viewpoint it would seem backwards to move LTE customers from their new wide open network back to the overburdened 3G network.

I could be mistaken, but these throttling schemes do not actually kick subs down to lesser airlinks. Such is the folly of associating 4G, 3G, 2G with certain data speeds rather than network generations.

AJ

I could be mistaken, but these throttling schemes do not actually kick subs down to lesser airlinks. Such is the folly of associating 4G, 3G, 2G with certain data speeds rather than network generations. AJ

That is exactly what i was trying to portray. Thanks AJ for clarifying.

http://cdn.twentytwowords.com/wp-content/uploads/Vocab-Test.jpeg