What's your speed like RIGHT NOW?

6c6259b9-9a10-1a45.jpg

This is my current which is low compared to my normal speeds. I blame the Grammys and social media hogging the network.

The Android Strikes Back 4G

man I would LOVE to get those speeds at normal times here!!! come to Raleigh, NC and you'll see speeds less than half that most of the time...

How can you blame the Grammys? They are in LA, not Indiana, lol.

The Grammys are talked about everywhere not just where they are filmed. If people are tweeting and facebooking or googling because of the Grammys it clutters the network.

The Grammys are talked about everywhere not just where they are filmed. If people are tweeting and facebooking or googling because of the Grammys it clutters the network.

Hey, I have to tease you for being half way across the country from LA. I wish I was that far away. I'm 3 hours from LA right now. :(

Speeds here in Winston Salem, NC are still Horrible.

Never see above about 150kbps during daylight hours. Can hit 600kbps or so around 3am in the mornings.

Sad that with my unlimited Sprint data it is unusable for even streaming Slacker or Pandora in the car without skipping. And lord forbid I want to do anything fancy like pull up a youtube video.

Really hope that NV helps, But I even have my doubts about that now.

Speeds here in Winston Salem' date=' NC are still Horrible.

Never see above about 150kbps during daylight hours. Can hit 600kbps or so around 3am in the mornings.

Sad that with my unlimited Sprint data it is unusable for even streaming Slacker or Pandora in the car without skipping. And lord forbid I want to do anything fancy like pull up a youtube video.

Really hope that NV helps, But I even have my doubts about that now.[/quote']

Network Vision is definitely going to help in 95% of cells. It won't help the last 5% of cells that are over capacity and there are no additional spectrum resources. In these instances Sprint will need to split the cells.

However, for many of us, its going to be a long painful wait until NV shows up.

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

1 bar 4G can't complain. Plus I'm deep inside a building at the moment as well.

I've always been happy with WiMax performance even with one bar. Still always beats 3G. With one bar though, upload speeds really start to drop off. There are times with one bar I've gotten 6MB download and under 100k upload on WiMax.

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

Yeah I'm doing testing on my battery under 4G use. So far noticeably draining juice but still a huge improvement from OEM battery. 8hrs and still have 26% left with 5.5hrs on screen time.

• Like 1

I've spent less than 24 hours in a Wimax area since I bought a 4G phone. I wish I saw any speeds approaching 2mbps off wifi... I leave the house and my connection slams to a screeching halt.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Inside the call center. 3G is on the tower, 4G is with internal antennas.

ZkStA.jpg

NS2A0.jpg

Thank goodness for the internal radios. I am not sure what I would do without Netflix at work. ;-)

Slow speeds there 3G wise for that low of a ping......

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Ping is just how clear your connection is not necessarily related to speed. A high ping relates to an unclear signal meaning you're not maximizing connection. Low ping just means you're maximizing connection speed. So It's just a slow connection point.

I was streaming slacker for the last 4 hours. I imagine the speed was between 300-600kbps. All of a sudden, mid-song the song just stopped. 3G was still on, full bars, down/up arrows on.

Ran a speed test.

Ping 1371!,

Down: 58kbps,

Up: 20kbps.

I changed servers a couple times to find out if that would improve ping. Still 1315, Down: 57kbps, Up: 40kbps

Ping is just how clear your connection is not necessarily related to speed. A high ping relates to an unclear signal meaning you're not maximizing connection. Low ping just means you're maximizing connection speed. So It's just a slow connection point.

Yes though but for the most part with sprints network Ull see high speeds with low pings. That's the first I've ever seen low pings like that and horrible speeds...

Yes though but for the most part with sprints network Ull see high speeds with low pings. That's the first I've ever seen low pings like that and horrible speeds...

Agreed. Not common but a lot out there. I get this a lot in Michigan, so that's why I guess I'm not that shocked. I would love that 4G connection though. Almost flawless ping and a nice steady signal. :ph34r:

Agreed. Not common but a lot out there. I get this a lot in Michigan, so that's why I guess I'm not that shocked. I would love that 4G connection though. Almost flawless ping and a nice steady signal. :ph34r:

Cool, yeah I've never seen anyone with that kind of ping and speeds but guess in reality the speeds are not that bad and are actually close to the advertised average speed for 3G sprint states.

Agreed. Not common but a lot out there. I get this a lot in Michigan' date=' so that's why I guess I'm not that shocked. I would love that 4G connection though. Almost flawless ping and a nice steady signal. :ph34r:

The Android Strikes Back 4G[/quote']

All you need is your own 4G radios.

• Like 1

haha your speeds look like mine here except better. lol

ping is typically around 1100ms too. such a joke for being 0.5mi from the tower.

Thank god for wifi. lol

Ahh, I see your in Raleigh. I'm in Winston. And I can tell you the speeds are no better in greensboro either. Looks like Sprint has abandon our whole state then. LoL

Ahh, I see your in Raleigh. I'm in Winston. And I can tell you the speeds are no better in greensboro either. Looks like Sprint has abandon our whole state then. LoL

everytime I get in the car I usually run some speed tests and I tell you there ARE SOME places where on 3G I actually can hit over 1Mbps which to me is jaw dropping. lol

What got me is when I talked to Advanced Tech about it and my tower specifically he emailed me the work order for the T1 EVDO and T1 Voice to be added to the tower "soon." What I was floored by was that the Voice was added B4 the EVDO! I've NEVER had a dropped call once here, yet thats the area they wanted to add patch capacity too first? lol

NV tower upgrade can't come soon enough.

I hear you. Advance tech support checked all our towers,basically they are all over capacity. Pretty much he just said until NV gets here we are all screwed. Im trying to hold out till then. But I have to be honest that it is getting harder to put up with each day.