What's your speed like RIGHT NOW?

Does that mean I cannot count on you making another donation?

I doubt there is as cool of a forum or site for any of the other carriers as S4GRU.com!

Robert

I doubt any other carrier has this cool a forum... haven't been looking though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I doubt any other carrier has this cool a forum... haven't been looking though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I can third that..this forum is great...especially keep a word drop a word

Sent from my awesome iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Just got back from a week at mrytle beach.

Myrtle Beach is a disaster. Sprint used to have a bunch of COWs there for the holiday parts of the year when the population swells there. There are like 30,000 residents but the location gets millions of visitors a year. Because of the disasters in the midwest (tornadoes, floods, etc), the COWs were not deployed. However, I have not heard much going on now so have no clue why they were not deployed there now... other than money and Sprint is pushing that to NV.

• Like 2

I was streaming spotify without issue all morning. 15 minutes ago ran a speedtest once the song started stuttering.

Upload: .29mbps

Down: .30mbps

3G, full bars, 249 ping. I've got a DAS antenna directly over my desk at work too.

Edited by boiker

I was streaming spotify without issue all morning. 15 minutes ago ran a speedtest once the song started stuttering.

Upload: .29mbps

Down: .30mbps

3G, full bars, 249 ping. I've got a DAS antenna directly over my desk at work too.

DAS usually has it's backhaul through the property owner host. Most government agencies just tie it directly into their ISP. So in your case, I would guess if you're connected through DAS, either there are too many users on it, or the backhaul provided by the City of Peoria is a chokepoint. Or possibly, there is a chokepoint at the Sprint Phoenix switch. And if that's the case, it's probably affecting the entire market.

Robert

DAS usually has it's backhaul through the property owner host. Most government agencies just tie it directly into their ISP. So in your case, I would guess if you're connected through DAS, either there are too many users on it, or the backhaul provided by the City of Peoria is a chokepoint. Or possibly, there is a chokepoint at the Sprint Phoenix switch. And if that's the case, it's probably affecting the entire market.

Robert

Good to know. Thanks.

Myrtle Beach is a disaster. Sprint used to have a bunch of COWs there for the holiday parts of the year when the population swells there. There are like 30,000 residents but the location gets millions of visitors a year. Because of the disasters in the midwest (tornadoes, floods, etc), the COWs were not deployed. However, I have not heard much going on now so have no clue why they were not deployed there now... other than money and Sprint is pushing that to NV.

A disaster is to kind! I live near zip 29569 which is close to conway, myrtle beach, north myrtle beach, and little river areas. Despite all the folks that flocks here during the year for their vacation this area is always the last on any list of updates. Rather it's getting lte from verizon, att, or even sprint NV updates. I'm not even looking for NV updates for this area till the last roll outs. Given the fact they're going to get rid of all nextel towers when everything is said n done with... I don't see NV updates improving this area at all. There's just not enough sprint cell sites and they're space to far apart. It sucks wanting to support sprint but having to use an airwave when you're just three miles out of town and from a major highway.

A disaster is to kind! I live near zip 29569 which is close to conway' date=' myrtle beach, north myrtle beach, and little river areas. Despite all the folks that flocks here during the year for their vacation this area is always the last on any list of updates. Rather it's getting lte from verizon, att, or even sprint NV updates. I'm not even looking for NV updates for this area till the last roll outs. Given the fact they're going to get rid of all nextel towers when everything is said n done with... I don't see NV updates improving this area at all. There's just not enough sprint cell sites and they're space to far apart. It sucks wanting to support sprint but having to use an airwave when you're just three miles out of town and from a major highway.[/quote']

I looked into your market to see what has been done. Here is what one of the towers in N. Myrtle Beach experienced last summer when the hordes of vacationers swamped the tower. (Also check out this recent Spring Break blip.)

U9TLT.jpg

Good news is that there is significant work being done in the area to address the issues. On the 23rd, the Market Manager announced the "deployment of newly acquired spectrum has begun in the Myrtle Beach market with approximately 10% of the previously constrained sites receiving relief and 27 more sites in the pipeline."

Hope this is good news for you.

• Like 3

I looked into your market to see what has been done. Here is what one of the towers in N. Myrtle Beach experienced last summer when the hordes of vacationers swamped the tower. (Also check out this recent Spring Break blip.)

U9TLT.jpg

Good news is that there is significant work being done in the area to address the issues. On the 23rd, the Market Manager announced the "deployment of newly acquired spectrum has begun in the Myrtle Beach market with approximately 10% of the previously constrained sites receiving relief and 27 more sites in the pipeline."

Hope this is good news for you.

Thanks Duffman, that's some very awesome news. There was a time that sprint worked fairly well in NMB, and was faster than Verizon. You gave me some hope, and something to look forward to. Now if only sprint, and the other providers were so fourth coming with their plans... Perhaps folks won't up, and leave them so hastly.

Thanks Duffman' date=' that's some very awesome news. There was a time that sprint worked fairly well in NMB, and was faster than Verizon. You gave me some hope, and something to look forward to. Now if only sprint, and the other providers were so fourth coming with their plans... Perhaps folks won't up, and leave them so hastly.[/quote']

I agree. The big problem last summer was the lack of COWs. Hopefully this additional spectrum helps though they have to also have the COWs I suspect.

• Like 1

Alright, 2+ Mbps! Just kidding... this is from my Airave, which I have to use because I get 1 bar of 1x at my office and no reliable EVDO at all. It's the worst possible area for Sprint, being on a bluff that's located at the effective middle point of 3-4 Sprint towers and surrounded by trees.

The Airave works well enough, I suppose. It is a little strange with SMS on occasion, though, and I can't use my iPhone's visual voicemail at all while connected to it. It was free, however, so I try to limit my complaints about it :)

IMG_0078.png

• Like 1

Thanks everyone who has contributed to this thread. It has run its course being an original thread that migrated over from the old boards. It's now closed.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 3