T-Mobile gets ready to launch LTE and HD Voice

kckid

I am thinking of picking up a Nexus 4 from them as well. Do you think they'll issue a software upgrade to enable LTE or will we have to plan around with the APN settings?

No software upgrade is needed. You just need to go into the dialer codes and change from GSM/WCDMA mode to include LTE. I don't recall the codes off the top of my head, but you can Google it. I've already set mine to include LTE.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

No software upgrade is needed. You just need to go into the dialer codes and change from GSM/WCDMA mode to include LTE. I don't recall the codes off the top of my head, but you can Google it. I've already set mine to include LTE.

Sounds like a trip to Vegas is in order come the first of February to test out T-Mobile's new LTE network! :P

• Like 3

And the final entrant joins the war...

2dkbtwm.png

AJ

• Like 11

It kind of pissed me off that people heard that T-Mobile is launching LTE Advanced but when Sprint said it, it went in one ear and came out of the other

I wouldn't say it went out anyone's ear but T-Mobile is actively deploying LTE-Advanced. Sprint still needs to wait on the Clearwire transaction to be approved or their agreed build out to commence.

I wouldn't say it went out anyone's ear but T-Mobile is actively deploying LTE-Advanced. Sprint still needs to wait on the Clearwire transaction to be approved or their agreed build out to commence.

But T-Mobile didn't have much of a choice because they needed to deploy on AWS which is a 2100/1700.

But T-Mobile didn't have much of a choice because they needed to deploy on AWS which is a 2100/1700.

What relevance does that have to LTE Advanced?

AJ

Deployment should be hella fast for them, since they are just slapping up an integrated panel and running a fiber line to the cabinet. Put in a carrier card in the existing cabinet and hook up to their existing backhaul. They should be able to overlay most of their HSPA+ network pretty easy. This is good for Tmo. Anything the little 2 does to better compete with the big 2 is good for all consumers. Plus I want to try out my Nexus 4 on some Tmo LTE. ;)

Where they have DC-HPSA+ the speeds are just fantastic. I was getting almost 30mbit at dallas fort worth airport.

Any way to force PCS only for HSPA+?

Not that I'm aware of.

I would be curious to test. The latency to setup the DC-HSPA+ can be annoying (and I've had it fail many times in low signal areas).

Pure HSPA+ with PCS might help some of my issues.

Not that I'm aware of.

I would be curious to test. The latency to setup the DC-HSPA+ can be annoying (and I've had it fail many times in low signal areas).

Pure HSPA+ with PCS might help some of my issues.

To force 1900 HSPA+ on a Samsung device (maybe others) dial *#2263# then select WCDMA then tap WCDMA 1900.

When you get mad that you have no data or usable signal outside HSPA 1900 areas dial *#2263# and select automatic

Or if you don't have Samsung devices, dial *#*#4636#*#* go to phone info, tap on the menu (three dots), "Select Radio Band", then choose USA Band. That'll force PCS/Cellular. Chose Automatic to go back.

It really depends on what phone you're using, it used to work on Galaxy Nexus, but now it wouldn't work on my Nexus 4... Works on most phones though.

Not that I'm aware of.

BIG difference between setting it up as "WCDMA only" and "LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)"

I think one connects to DC-HSPA+ and the other lets you connect to PCS HSPA+.

In downtown boston, t-mobile's AWS DC-HSPA+ carrier seems loaded, speeds are 1.5-2.5mbit down or so. The PCS HSPA+ carrier seems completely unloaded - I can hit 12mbit down, ~1mbit up. DC-HSPA+ is faster in other areas (15-25mbit down, 1mbit to 3.6mbit up).

• Like 1

Yes, you can stand by your position on "planet under informed."

A wise man knows to stop arguing with someone who has the intellectual and informational upper hand on him. Are you a wise man?

AJ

Good one bro haha:lol:

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Evidence of T-Mobile’s initial LTE testing found in Kansas City

I imagine this could somewhat explain a post I saw around S4GRU somewhere (and for the life of me, I can't remember where), stating something to the effect of Sprint really starting to crack the whip on the contractors to really move things along with regards to NV. It would be a real kick to the....groin to let t-mobile come up from behind and pass them in LTE coverage.

Evidence of T-Mobile’s initial LTE testing found in Kansas City

http://www.pocketabl...ansas-city.html

Not to toot my own horn, but I think that I already posted 10 days ago the definitive evidence of T-Mobile LTE in KC.

And the final entrant joins the war...

2dkbtwm.png

https://twitter.com/...155918953213952

AJ

• Like 2

I read that T-Mobile is launching 4G markets the same way they are launching HSPA+ 1900Mhz markets. Is it possible that they are preparing for an iPhone 5S? It seems kind of weird that the same cities, in order, that got HSPA+1900 are getting LTE.

I read that T-Mobile is launching 4G markets the same way they are launching HSPA+ 1900Mhz markets. Is it possible that they are preparing for an iPhone 5S? It seems kind of weird that the same cities, in order, that got HSPA+1900 are getting LTE.

Actually, it makes sense. See, in T-Mobile's "network modernization" endeavor, W-CDMA 1900 deployment is not really separate from LTE 2100+1700 deployment. The antenna integrated radios being installed support both.

AJ

• Like 1