Network Vision/LTE - Western & Central Pennsylvania Markets (Lancaster, Scranton, Erie, State College, Williamsport)

jeremyandrew

Lancaster near oulets have live band 41 and ca showing coverage was good and at -117 stilling close 27 mbps down.

Wow I can't believe that. I was just in Lancaster on Friday and Saturday at the Lancaster Family Resort right across the street from Dutch Wonderland, and at no point did I run a speed test or even notice if I was connected to B41.  :wall:

• Like 1

Second Page a map of Shentel territory.

http://unlimityourdata.com/coverage/

map.jpg

I think Shentel is trolling us with a male genitalia shaped coverage area.  At least, the nTelos acquisition will turn that coverage area into a different shape.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

I think Shentel is trolling us with a male genitalia shaped coverage area. At least, the nTelos acquisition will turn that coverage area into a different shape.

;)

AJ

As a Jayhawk you would know all about that. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

As a Jayhawk you would know all about that. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

No, I believe the K-State Wildcat marching band has that sort of carnal knowledge.

AJ

I think Shentel is trolling us with a male genitalia shaped coverage area.  At least, the nTelos acquisition will turn that coverage area into a different shape.

Shentel is well hung, by the way.

:P

AJ

• Like 2

Wow I can't believe that. I was just in Lancaster on Friday and Saturday at the Lancaster Family Resort right across the street from Dutch Wonderland, and at no point did I run a speed test or even notice if I was connected to B41. :wall:

Wow I can't believe that. I was just in Lancaster on Friday and Saturday at the Lancaster Family Resort right across the street from Dutch Wonderland, and at no point did I run a speed test or even notice if I was connected to B41. :wall:

signal check pro the best i love it and wife hates it lol.

What are you getting at here?

For example Verizon had the "Can you hear me now campaign?" with their test man. I am wondering if T-mobile and Sprint subscribers do more network testing than say AT&T and Verizon customers.

Are we just a more loyal bunch?

Or do we like the challenge of "assisting" the engineers with their jobs.

Sometimes all the mapping & Signal Checking makes me feel like an armchair quarterback.

A true wireless network should theoretically be ubiqitous.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

For example Verizon had the "Can you hear me now campaign?" with their test man. I am wondering if T-mobile and Sprint subscribers do more network testing than say AT&T and Verizon customers.

Sometimes all the mapping & Signal Checking makes me feel like an armchair quarterback.

Well, you are on a website dedicated to wireless nerds. 

Most markets are tracking sites simply to know which sites have LTE (and which bands) so that they can be easily identified. Although it can aid network engineers, I don't think that's the intent of most of our most active members. It's simply to know more about the network. 

I don't know why you are here, but that's why I am.

Don't worry. I run my fair share of Signal Checks and Sensorly Maps and Speedtests. And yes wireless nerd is possibly an apt description. I'm always on the lookout for where the next Band 26 and Band 41 deployments will be. I guess all I'm saying is that if a network would be denser I wouldn't check near as often, because it would always be there.

Don't worry. I run my fair share of Signal Checks and Sensorly Maps and Speedtests. And yes wireless nerd is possibly an apt description. I'm always on the lookout for where the next Band 26 and Band 41 deployments will be. I guess all I'm saying is that if a network would be denser I wouldn't check near as often, because it would always be there.

I think that if information like what we have were available for say, Verizon, there would be the same commitment to tracking updates and developing the same kind of tracking sheets for their sites. But a site with that kind of information for Verizon doesn't exist, so neither does the community.

How is Sprint in Lancaster and the Poconos?

Lancaster is good. No problems at all if you are just passing through.

For those of us who live here the coverage is spread way to thin. We should have about 50% more towers.

Even though we are not the densest area but we do have a nice spread of the old 3G 1900mhz towers upgraded to eHRPD. In the city you will get LTE.

In the countryside there a few small spots of LTE 1900, an occaisonal 2.5GHZ transmitter and some SMR 800.

Voice and Text should work most places with the occasional Verizon Roaming in a building or deadspot. 

Somebody else can tell you about the Poconos. I expect you would at least have Verizon Roaming if nothing else.

I drove from NYC to Poconos, i80 is amazingly solid, held LTE for about 95% of the ride. Once in the Poconos, it was 50/50 LTE/3G usable. But i did run into pockets of really slow speeds due to low density.

Lancaster is covered in LTE for the most part, the sprint rep that I talk to always tells me about the CA in the area and I also check things myself. b26 is all around some areas have b41 and plenty of b25, I rarely drop to 3g unless I'm really in the middle of no where.

You are aware that Sprint has entire teams of people dedicated to just driving around testing the network, right? I've been on a few of those rides myself.

• Like 2

You are aware that Sprint has entire teams of people dedicated to just driving around testing the network, right? I've been on a few of those rides myself.

i would love to do a ride along in my home town, i know exactly where all the trouble spots are.... would be very cool to watch the processes, ill even go under cover! lol     :secret:

• Like 1

Folks are working on the tower by the Reading Airport near Route 222 and also along 222 by reamstown. What is really interesting is that they have a tall crane and a basket where the worker is hoisted up and down I have never seen that approach before. I have seen really tall man lift but never the crane and basket approach. The Reamstown tower I believe is AT&T. There are a lot of antennas on the one by reading airport so I'm not sure who the carrier is. Most likely multiple carriers.

Wouldn't mind reading some press about those guys it seems most of the data is crowdsourced