Network Vision/LTE - Western & Central Pennsylvania Markets (Lancaster, Scranton, Erie, State College, Williamsport)

jeremyandrew

Just got 4G on Columbia Ave in Lancaster near Centerville rd. I mapped using Sensorly and did speed test. 15down and 5up. Hopefully this means good,consistent speed.

Just checked sensorly and saw that that blip of LTE, Thank you for mapping it. I just hope this means CDMA 800 follows soon after.

I'm guessing the tower near Park City is getting upgraded and the one near Marietta Ave.

Aww man I had actually just driven through the area to go up to Lititz a couple hours ago and I didn't look at my phone. Just noticed this on Sensorly a few minutes ago.

There is a cell tower right off of Eden road a little further east of the Eden Resort that I saw Sprint NV cabinets at. It didn't cross my mind to snap a few pictures but I'll try to stop by this Saturday when I go back to Lanc. Hopefully that guy starts broadcasting LTE soon.

Aww man I had actually just driven through the area to go up to Lititz a couple hours ago and I didn't look at my phone. Just noticed this on Sensorly a few minutes ago.

There is a cell tower right off of Eden road a little further east of the Eden Resort that I saw Sprint NV cabinets at. It didn't cross my mind to snap a few pictures but I'll try to stop by this Saturday when I go back to Lanc. Hopefully that guy starts broadcasting LTE soon.

Are you talking about the one near the 222 and 30?  Or the one that is a further back on a barn silo (I think).

Yeah the one thats right near 222.

I didn't think Sprint was on that tower, from a Verizon permit on 5-3-13 only VZW, Clear, AT&T and T-Mobile had antennas on that site. Maybe Sprint will move their antennas over? Because Sprint, from what I have gathered, has their site on a barn silo a little bit further back than that tower.

----

See attached

DOC091113-09112013130952.pdf

I didn't think Sprint was on that tower, from a Verizon permit on 5-3-13 only VZW, Clear, AT&T and T-Mobile had antennas on that site. Maybe Sprint will move their antennas over? Because Sprint, from what I have gathered, has their site on a barn silo a little bit further back than that tower.

----

See attached

Well I have noticed that I don't have the greatest of signals around that area. I just saw brand new cabinets that were very small and had a very close resemblance to Sprint's NV Cabinets. Maybe it's T-Mobile's equipment, I don't know if they are putting up new cabinets with their LTE rollout as well.

Driving east on route 30 this morning I managed to stay connected to LTE from Centerville all the way to the intersection on Lititz pike. A lot farther than I managed on Saturday when LTE disconnected around Harrisburg Pike. I mapped as much as I could on Sensorly.

I think that tower that is broadcasting LTE is the one located on 40.051177,-76.379178 which is at Kirby Agri Plant. When driving East on Route 30 the next tower, I think, would be the 40.063377,-76.328674 located at Calder Door, but from I can tell that one has not yet had any work done to it. I have not been able to find any permits for that tower from Lancaster City.

The tower on the silo that is behind The Lancaster Bible College has the RRU installed this past week.  I can't wait until they bring that one online.  The network in Lancaster has been on/off these past few weeks as they have really started working.

Well I have noticed that I don't have the greatest of signals around that area. I just saw brand new cabinets that were very small and had a very close resemblance to Sprint's NV Cabinets. Maybe it's T-Mobile's equipment, I don't know if they are putting up new cabinets with their LTE rollout as well.

You are correct.  Sprint is not located on the tower.  Clear is located there and is in the process up putting in there 2.6 LTE equipment.  Sprint's "tower" is actually just off 222 on the silo behind Lancaster Bible College.

• Like 1

The tower on the silo that is behind The Lancaster Bible College has the RRU installed this past week.  I can't wait until they bring that one online.  The network in Lancaster has been on/off these past few weeks as they have really started working.

Would this mean that LTE and/or CDMA 800 would be turned on soon? 

Also I don't think Clear should have any trouble backhaul to their site, maybe it will have LTE 2.6 soon?

I would expect LTE 1900 to come online before 800 voice is launched based on historic trends.

Lancaster is a Round 2 market for 2.6 I believe, so it probably won't launch officially until the end of this year/early next year.  

Overall I'm happy with the progress.  Hope you are too.

So I saw that someone mapped near the Manor Ave/Millersville Pike intersecton on Sensorly in Lancaster.  I am pretty impressed with the progress of the LTE launch.  I am currently at the mall and pullng a steady LTE signal througout.  Hopefully soon they get the tower south of the airport on Lititz Pike turned on.  Its only a mile or two from my house and I really want to ditch my Airave.

• Like 1

Other then the 2 towers that are currently on, are there any plans for others in the Lancaster area? I am seeing that Western Lancaster is getting mapped pretty decent.

when done all most alk towers qill have lte

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Other then the 2 towers that are currently on, are there any plans for others in the Lancaster area?  I am seeing that Western Lancaster is getting mapped pretty decent.

3 are currently live. All will be upgraded though. This is just what is complete now.