LTE Roaming On Other Networks May Be Influenced By The IPhone 5

rwhittaker13

I came across an interesting article at http://www.gottabemo...phone-5-models/. It talks about the CDMA version of the IPhone 5. But it turns out that the IPhone 5 may start a big change in the future of LTE roaming. With the GSM version of the IPhone, which can operate on AT&T`s LTE network, and if the proper roaming agreements are signed, it can roam on Canada`s 4G LTE networks, but not possible yet as an agreement has not been reached. This being said, it turns out that the CDMA IPhone 5 is more compatible with LTE networks around the country. As of now, LTE roaming on verizon if you have a sprint phone is not possible, since Verizon runs their LTE on the 700Mhz spectrum, and Sprint is currently running their LTE on the 1900Mhz spectrum. But with the IPhone 5 already supporting other countries` LTE networks, I think in my opinion that Sprint may consider this in the future, but the cost that it would be to roam on other carrier`s LTE would cost sprint a bundle of money that may make them decide otherwise. What do you guys think? Do you think Sprint will follow suite and allow roaming with other LTE networks?

Edited by rwhittaker13

With the pending Softbank investment, international LTE roaming is more likely.

When Softbank does take control of Sprint, will we get native calling in Japan? That would be a perk to all of this.

When Softbank does take control of Sprint, will we get native calling in Japan? That would be a perk to all of this.

I dont think Softbank is using 1900 in Japan. They do control some 2500 spectrum though. So unless its VOLTE or VOIP it will be LTE, if anything.

Indeed, that would eliminate the cost of your calls to the Hello Kitty hotline.

Hello_kitty_character_portrait.png

:P

AJ

• Like 9

I have two daughters who are in love with the Hello Kitty line. If I could only find a way to reduce my costs to the Hello Kitty hotline.

Robert

• Like 3

I have two daughters who are in love with the Hello Kitty line. If I could only find a way to reduce my costs to the Hello Kitty hotline.

Wait, does the Hello Kitty hotline really exist? Or did the consummate joker just fall for the trap?

Honestly, I almost randomly selected a Japanese icon that would be funny to associate with a male wireless nerd, hence Hello Kitty. Pokémon was another thought but would not have been nearly as laughable.

AJ

• Like 4

Wait, does the Hello Kitty hotline really exist? Or did the consummate joker just fall for the trap?

Honestly, I almost randomly selected a Japanese icon that would be funny to associate with a male wireless nerd, hence Hello Kitty. Pokémon was another thought but would not have been nearly as laughable.

AJ

You've been had, my friend. :rofl:

Robert

• Like 6

You've been had, my friend. :rofl:

Drat, drat, drat!

;)

AJ

• Like 3

AJ

For future reference, Domo is always a safe bet.

iDomo.jpg

• Like 1

For future reference, Domo is always a safe bet.

Well, then, Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

I believe the Sprint iPhone 5 is compatible with Verizon's LTE network. There is 1 CDMA model, and 2 GSM models. The CDMA model is for Sprint and Verizon in the US, and they support the same bands (700 and 1900 are the ones we care about). So, if Verizon allows LTE roaming us iPhone 5 users will be able to take advantage of it. Unless there's something I'm missing.

• Like 1

I believe the Sprint iPhone 5 is compatible with Verizon's LTE network. There is 1 CDMA model, and 2 GSM models. The CDMA model is for Sprint and Verizon in the US, and they support the same bands (700 and 1900 are the ones we care about). So, if Verizon allows LTE roaming us iPhone 5 users will be able to take advantage of it. Unless there's something I'm missing.

The sprint IPhone 5 is compatible with LTE bands 1, 3, 5, 13 and 25. Also the IPhone is compatible with KDDI in japan as well. The CDMA model also supports CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz). I think we may see roaming agreements in the future gentlemen :D Questionable with verizon, but we do not know yet. Edited by rwhittaker13

My niece is a Hello Kitty freak, my two year old daughter just got Hello Kitty shoes for Christmas. She loves them and I fear for my sanity...

This is how it started with my daughter, a rouge aunt.

This is how it started with my daughter, a rouge aunt.

I have rouge ants in my yard. You know, the red ones. But my daughters have "rogue" aunts too. :rofl:

Sorry to have a laugh at your expense. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have rouge ants in my yard. You know, the red ones. But my daughters have "rogue" aunts too. :rofl:

Sorry to have a laugh at your expense. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

I have never been known for my spelling skills

• Like 1