HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

No proper wireless nerd wears skinny jeans. With all of our devices, we need cargo pants with lots of pockets. Otherwise you would have to use a fanny pack, and that is not complimentary to the image a proper wireless dork must maintain. :hee:

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 10

Otherwise you would have to use a fanny pack, and that is not complimentary to the image a proper wireless dork must maintain. :hee:

Hey, if a fanny pack is good enough for Chuck Norris...

fannypack.jpg

Oh, and Chuck Norris does not license wireless spectrum. He lassoes it.

AJ

• Like 3

I used to love HTC, but since the HTC EVO 4G LTE, and almost all of the new HTC One Series are having random issues. I will be leaving HTC alone for a while. HTC better wake up, or they will be on a chopping block and forgotten. I don't know why HTC, Google, and Motorola intend to follow Apple's strategy of no external SD slots, and internal battery inconvenience, it is a waste of time, and I don’t have time for the bullsh*t. The HTC EVO LTE took forever to charge, and was a pain to have to carry the charger around, when you could just carry an extra battery. When I had my iPhone 4S, the phone was having issues charging, but internal battery is convenient, it isn’t at all…..

I don't know why HTC, Google, and Motorola intend to follow Apple's strategy of no external SD slots, and internal battery inconvenience, it is a waste of time, and I don’t have time for the bullsh*t.

It's about the user experience. People have microSD card problems and they blame HTC. Limit on what can go wrong on the phone and realize that yes, you will upset 1% of the population but get rid of a TON of service repairs and upset customers.

Same goes with battery.

The average person doesn't use microSD or change battery. Phone manufacturers cater to the 99%. Stop being an elitist, you 1%'er :P

The HTC EVO LTE took forever to charge...

Hmm, none of my devices, including my EVO LTE, take "forever" to charge. But I use this...

31Qv9k07EbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

...the charger for my long since forgotten HP TouchPad. Reportedly, the charger is quite powerful.

AJ

I buy 2 amp chargers for all my charging. I even have 2 amp chargers in my cars. Fast charging.

Robert

if this is a DNA in a 4.7" I'm on the bandwagon. That's really the limit for me. Hell, I like the Rezound with 720p resolution in a 4.3" screen. 5" screen is just a little too uncomfortable for my tastes.

Y

Hmm, none of my devices, including my EVO LTE, take "forever" to charge. But I use this...

31Qv9k07EbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

...the charger for my long since forgotten HP TouchPad. Reportedly, the charger is quite powerful.

AJ

The tp charger rox. Twice the speed

Where is the HTC at CES? Have they shown/announced anything? I've missed it if so...

HTC really doesn't do much, if anything at all, at CES. MWC is next month, thats were HTC will probably focus their efforts.

• 4 weeks later...

It'll be interesting to see if the actual pictures look better. Interesting idea. Similar to the Nokia pureview tech. For me the camera in a phone is the single biggest feature. I don't carry a pocket shooter anymore and only break out my DSLR for special occassions.

• Like 1

The bottleneck is not so much the sensor any longer. It is the lens. Unless you want a Coke can size lens sticking out of the back of your handset, the camera phone point of diminishing returns is already here.

AJ

With the announcement of this phone supposedly coming in a couple of weeks, I think I will wait a little longer before upgrading. Was all set to upgrade to the Optimus G, but it seems to behoove me to wait just a little longer.

• 2 weeks later...

This render has been leaked for a while now and I really hope it doesn't look like this when its released. I don't know about anyone else but I am not really feeling this phone at all. I wonder how they will improve on the camera though, that will be my biggest factor between this and the gs4 when it comes out. Also, if this doesn't have an sd card slot then I think it will be an automatic no purchase for sure.

• Like 1

Sprint is going with the same design as the GSM models this time? My theory is that if Sprint had just gone with the One X design and called it the EVO, that they'd have better performance on it. They could have sold the AT&T version with CDMA enabled and had a better phone.

What is with the trend of removing buttons? I want my search button back! I wonder how they plan on doing a menu and multitask button.

probably the same as it is now. The recent apps doubles up as a menu button on the EVO now. You don't really need search anymore since all you have to do is bring up Google now and say "google" and then say what you want searched or you can say "call 'name'" or "navigate to 'place'".

probably the same as it is now. The recent apps doubles up as a menu button on the EVO now. You don't really need search anymore since all you have to do is bring up Google now and say "google" and then say what you want searched or you can say "call 'name'" or "navigate to 'place'".

I don't see a recent apps button in image.