Why LTE drains so much battery

rwhittaker13

Hi, mostly been lurking here, I have the G S3, my 1st smartphone actually. I like it alot. I see this thread has been talking about chips, chipsets and radios so if I can ask what might be a stupid question. The note 2 uses a different chipset than the S3 meaning it can't do SVDO which I find amazingly useful at times on the S3. If Samsung brings the chipset stuff in house and not use Qualcomm, does that mean future Notes and Galaxys will likely not be able to do SVDO?

Hi, mostly been lurking here, I have the G S3, my 1st smartphone actually. I like it alot. I see this thread has been talking about chips, chipsets and radios so if I can ask what might be a stupid question. The note 2 uses a different chipset than the S3 meaning it can't do SVDO which I find amazingly useful at times on the S3. If Samsung brings the chipset stuff in house and not use Qualcomm, does that mean future Notes and Galaxys will likely not be able to do SVDO?

All depends on the SoC and radio chip if separate and the device's internal makings. Svdo is not just chip it has to do with antennae and all that too so its never as easy as one would seem...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All depends on the SoC and radio chip if separate and the device's internal makings. Svdo is not just chip it has to do with antennae and all that too so its never as easy as one would seem...

Not antenna. TX/RX path.

CB truckers with duals can't talk on two channels at once since they have two antennas.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

• Like 1

Not antenna. TX/RX path.

CB truckers with duals can't talk on two channels at once since they have two antennas.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

u know what I meant. Lol jk

Its too late in the day and week for me to be spot on. Lol :)