When are we going to see more launches?

Just wondering with these 136 market production areas, when are we going to see the next batch launched? I know Sprint is behind schedule but I also remember hearing that production would be increasing, especially if SB+S is approved.

Just wondering with these 136 market production areas, when are we going to see the next batch launched? I know Sprint is behind schedule but I also remember hearing that production would be increasing, especially if SB+S is approved.

I have no idea. And personally, I don't put much credence in the announced launches. The coverage is the same the day before the launch as the day after. The only thing that happens at launch is now the coverage shows up on the map and Sprint acknowledges the service is there.

I'm more interested in sites going live, myself.

Robert

• Like 4

I don't know if it's just me, but there seems to be new sightings of with popping up everywhere. So I would say there have been plenty of new launches.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know if it's just me, but there seems to be new sightings of with popping up everywhere. So I would say there have been plenty of new launches.

Well call me proud, which I am very proud of Sprint, but their competitors have been showing off their LTE networks this whole year (especially Verizon) and Sprint hasn't. I am well aware that Sprint still has lower coverage than those two (gaining, especially on ATT) but it would help them A LOT marketing wise, and I have said this before on here, to pull a Verizon LTE commercial stunt that they aired back in Dec 2010. (The barn and the lightning)

We all know Sprint is doing a heck of a lot to its Network at rates faster than any other carrier because they are re-doing it ALL. But what would help them consumer wise, both existing (to keep them on their network) as well as bringing new customers in is to market that they in fact have "The Network of the future underway". I would love to give Sprint Marketing department a piece of my mind as it is amazing what one commercial, done correctly, can do to the minds of American consumers. It would give Sprint the push they need in Q1 2013.

But to connect those two points, if all these new places are popping up, I would like to see slightly more publication about it from Sprint so all these journalists can quit bashing them about how their network will never equal that of VZWs or ATTs. Just my take on things...

• Like 1

Well call me proud, which I am very proud of Sprint, but their competitors have been showing off their LTE networks this whole year (especially Verizon) and Sprint hasn't. I am well aware that Sprint still has lower coverage than those two (gaining, especially on ATT) but it would help them A LOT marketing wise, and I have said this before on here, to pull a Verizon LTE commercial stunt that they aired back in Dec 2010. (The barn and the lightning)

We all know Sprint is doing a heck of a lot to its Network at rates faster than any other carrier because they are re-doing it ALL. But what would help them consumer wise, both existing (to keep them on their network) as well as bringing new customers in is to market that they in fact have "The Network of the future underway". I would love to give Sprint Marketing department a piece of my mind as it is amazing what one commercial, done correctly, can do to the minds of American consumers. It would give Sprint the push they need in Q1 2013.

But to connect those two points, if all these new places are popping up, I would like to see slightly more publication about it from Sprint so all these journalists can quit bashing them about how their network will never equal that of VZWs or ATTs. Just my take on things...

I would highly recommend becoming a sponsor of this site and you can see the progress I've been talking about. I personally agree with Sprint not being to public about markets they are working on until they are complete. Sprint has to worry a lot about perception right now A's if they say a market has lte and it is very thinly lit, they may do more harm then not announcing it.

• Like 1

I would highly recommend becoming a sponsor of this site and you can see the progress I've been talking about. I personally agree with Sprint not being to public about markets they are working on until they are complete. Sprint has to worry a lot about perception right now A's if they say a market has lte and it is very thinly lit, they may do more harm then not announcing it.

Exactly but they should and can still show us what they are going to do.. a coming soon never hurt anyone haha. With almost 60 markets complete they have enough to run their first LTE commercial in my opinion as they have not run any. I am going to bet that with money so tight they have to use it only to run their deals on devices?

Exactly but they should and can still show us what they are going to do.. a coming soon never hurt anyone haha. With almost 60 markets complete they have enough to run their first LTE commercial in my opinion as they have not run any. I am going to bet that with money so tight they have to use it only to run their deals on devices?

again, I think they are being cautious about announcing their lte until they are confident they will be perceived well. Also, if you would like to know where work has been done, is being done, and is about to be done (permits). Become a sponsor and you can see everything. I also think Sprint has way more money than you think, they are actually set up nicely to finish network vision. And based on the recent explosion of new market work, I think they are definitely turning the corner and should begin a big lte marketing campaign in the next few months.

• Like 1

What do I have to do for Sponsorship?

again, I think they are being cautious about announcing their lte until they are confident they will be perceived well. Also, if you would like to know where work has been done, is being done, and is about to be done (permits). Become a sponsor and you can see everything. I also think Sprint has way more money than you think, they are actually set up nicely to finish network vision. And based on the recent explosion of new market work, I think they are definitely turning the corner and should begin a big lte marketing campaign in the next few months.

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-Information-about-S4GRU-Sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-Sponsor

You don't need to become a premier sponsor to see most of the information, however, I'm not discouraging becoming a premier sponsor. If you have questions you can send s4gru (Robert) a message and he will get back to you.

• Like 1

DONE! Hopefully that is enough haha...

http://www.s4gru.com...ecome-a-Sponsor

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.s4gru.com...ecome-a-Sponsor

You don't need to become a premier sponsor to see most of the information, however, I'm not discouraging becoming a premier sponsor. If you have questions you can send s4gru (Robert) a message and he will get back to you.

• Like 1

How much money is needed to give to be a sponsors

Eleventy billion dollars...

AJ

• Like 2

I just want to say that now that ive looked at it.. Sprint will be having a good year. :)

Whenever I see one of those VZW "LTE comparison" commercials with the bar graphs, I chuckle and think to myself: Just wait, VZW...just you wait. :)

• Like 1

I have no idea. And personally, I don't put much credence in the announced launches. The coverage is the same the day before the launch as the day after. The only thing that happens at launch is now the coverage shows up on the map and Sprint acknowledges the service is there.

I'm more interested in sites going live, myself.

Robert

I understand your point of coverage being the same before and after launch date. However, I just had a thought that gives launch date a certain importance. Or maybe I'm missing something.

For example, in the Miami market there are at least 2 towers (that I know of) that have been accepted in the weekly updates but they are not broadcasting LTE (or being blocked, or whatever technical term describes what's happening with the towers). Everyone seems to attribute this to the fact that the Miami market has not been launched and hence in an unlaunched market everything is possible and there shouldn't be any expectations since again, the market is unlaunched. This seems to imply that at the very least launching a market should ensure that those completed towers not broadcasting LTE will then be unblocked or whatever term. The logic being that they are currently blocked just because they haven't launched the market etc.

This seems to give launch date a certain importance since we would have all those already completed towers suddenly lighting up. This of course depends entirely on the validity of my argument and of that I'm not sure.

Feel free to correct any incorrect assumption.

• Like 1

I understand your point of coverage being the same before and after launch date. However, I just had a thought that gives launch date a certain importance. Or maybe I'm missing something.

For example, in the Miami market there are at least 2 towers (that I know of) that have been accepted in the weekly updates but they are not broadcasting LTE (or being blocked, or whatever technical term describes what's happening with the towers). Everyone seems to attribute this to the fact that the Miami market has not been launched and hence in an unlaunched market everything is possible and there shouldn't be any expectations since again, the market is unlaunched. This seems to imply that at the very least launching a market should ensure that those completed towers not broadcasting LTE will then be unblocked or whatever term. The logic being that they are currently blocked just because they haven't launched the market etc.

This seems to give launch date a certain importance since we would have all those already completed towers suddenly lighting up. This of course depends entirely on the validity of my argument and of that I'm not sure.

Valid point. However, we have had completed sites in launched markets that weren't live and sat there for months. One in Hesston, Kansas comes to mind. It was even shown on official Sprint coverage maps.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

You make some good points. Even after an official "launch," the market is still under construction, so these kinds of things continues to happen. See Robert's post above. What the official launch does change is that Sprint actually acknowledges there is LTE in you area, and if you have a problem they might actually try to help you. Sites don't magically go live on launch day or anything like that, the only thing that changes is Sprint officially acknowledges the coverage. I suppose we should consider changing the disclaimer to be the fact that your market is under construction, so expect odd things to happen until NV is closer to completion. It doesn't sound as nice as "your market isn't launched yet," but it's probably more accurate.

Whenever I see one of those VZW "LTE comparison" commercials with the bar graphs, I chuckle and think to myself: Just wait, VZW...just you wait. :)

wait until they have the speed comparison bar graphs lol, show an area heavily hit my verizon, and sprints speeds next to it, blow it out of the water
  • Like 1

Exactly but they should and can still show us what they are going to do.. a coming soon never hurt anyone haha.

I don't think it worked out well for Duke Nukem Forever. :)

It didn't work out well for me, either, when my wife and I bought an HTC EVO 4G anticipating 4G, followed by Sprint changing its mind and going with LTE.

• Like 1

I don't think it worked out well for Duke Nukem Forever. :)

It didn't work out well for me, either, when my wife and I bought an HTC EVO 4G anticipating 4G, followed by Sprint changing its mind and going with LTE.

Yeah that happened to a lot of folks, but a small point of clarification. Sprint was relying on Clearwire to deploy and maintain their 4G WiMAX network, and still to this day, they have it running in almost 120 markets. The rest of the world went LTE, so Sprint had no choice but to follow.

• Like 1