OldSpottingThread (Ericsson Style) [Abandoned]

If I remember correctly, the boxes said Anderson on the side, could be wrong though. Never seen the stuff on the ground before. It looks like it would 5 RRUs per sector, the three attached to the panel assembly and the two additional ones on the rack assembly. That was just put together over the weekend so it will probably be installed either this week or next. If it still happens to be on the ground next time I am there I will get a better ground pic.

Could be a 5 RRU site.. Very possible with 2 combiners per 1900 side of the antenna. Is your market a 15mhz paired PCS one? (not counting the G Block)

Could be a 5 RRU site.. Very possible with 2 combiners per 1900 side of the antenna. Is your market a 15mhz paired PCS one? (not counting the G Block)

Not a clue, its the West KY market. This is in Louisville.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting antennas..wish you had a better zoom so I could see who makes them.  

Took some better pictures today, everything is still laying on the ground.  It does appear that this is going to be a 5 RRU/sector site. 

gw1yCz5.jpg

i7JqdPf.jpg

2jdkl4I.jpg

• Like 1

Took some better pictures today, everything is still laying on the ground. It does appear that this is going to be a 5 RRU/sector site.

So there are 15 RRUs on the ground you can see? Man that's some serious weight going up. And they had to ground mount my little 2 per sector site near the house on a guyed lattice site.

So there are 15 RRUs on the ground you can see? Man that's some serious weight going up. And they had to ground mount my little 2 per sector site near the house on a guyed lattice site.

Yep, as long as I am looking at the right thing. Below, each RRU that I see is circled in yellow, the red circle is the two additional RRUs on the rack assembly for another sector since I cut them off at the top of the picture. Someone has been in there since Monday and arranged the panels, rack segments to be under each sector instead of piled up in the center. 

esnsDATl.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here are pics of the equipment mounted. Hasn't been accepted yet. 

j5pAidk.jpg

uUwkapz.jpg

• Like 1

That's a crazy site.  What state and county is this located in?

Its in Louisville, KY (Jefferson county). Its on the campus of the University of Louisville. It is the only site I have seen around here like that.

Its in Louisville, KY (Jefferson county). Its on the campus of the University of Louisville. It is the only site I have seen around here like that.

From what I could see, it looks like they have 15x15mhz (not counting 5mhz G block) there so it looks like that site is going to fill it all with 11 possible CDMA carriers.

I wonder how much weight and wind load all those RRU adds to a tower. From what I can tell, a Samsung high-capacity site does the same amount of work with 2 panels and 3 RRU's per sector.  If it is just a normal site, a Samsung uses 1 panel and 2 RRU per sector.  AT&T and TMobile sites are just as bad... In many cases using 3 or 4 of those big fat low+high band panels per sector and a hodge podge of RRUs.  Verizon is starting to roll out RRUs here in my market.  Looks like only 1 RRU per sector on theirs so far, but they have 4 antennas per sector.

I wonder how much weight and wind load all those RRU adds to a tower. From what I can tell, a Samsung high-capacity site does the same amount of work with 2 panels and 3 RRU's per sector. If it is just a normal site, a Samsung uses 1 panel and 2 RRU per sector. AT&T and TMobile sites are just as bad... In many cases using 3 or 4 of those big fat low+high band panels per sector and a hodge podge of RRUs. Verizon is starting to roll out RRUs here in my market. Looks like only 1 RRU per sector on theirs so far, but they have 4 antennas per sector.

The one RRU at VZW sites is just for the Band 4 LTE being added. LTE 750 and CDMA don't use RRU's on VZW. And interestingly, not all VZW Band 4 LTE OEM's are using RRU's. The one here in South Dakota is not.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro