OldSpottingThread (Ericsson Style) [Abandoned]

Why would a site only have 6RRUs?... Only 2 sectors on it for whatever reason?... Because there would be 3 RRUs per sector/antenna.

Is ALU doing Vegas or is Samsung? The antenna looks like the curved alu ones kinda FWIW... Kinda interested in the pink logo on the old antennas myself...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Many of the towers in Vegas so far are getting 6 RRU's, and yes, AlcaLu is doing Vegas. And these are 3 Sector sites. Not sure if AlcaLu RRU's can do CDMA1900 and LTE1900 at the same time.

I just answered my question. Digging thru the FCC Docs, I found that AlcaLu RRU's can do CDMA/LTE at the same time.

Many of the towers in Vegas so far are getting 6 RRU's, and yes, AlcaLu is doing Vegas. And these are 3 Sector sites. Not sure if AlcaLu RRU's can do CDMA1900 and LTE1900 at the same time.

I just answered my question. Digging thru the FCC Docs, I found that AlcaLu RRU's can do CDMA/LTE at the same time.

Weird.... Pretty sure every tower I've seen here in Raleigh has 3 RRUs per sector panel.... Thought that was the norm I guess is all...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Anyone know what this is? The one circled in Green for sure is the RRU. But what about the one circled in Pink? Is that the 800SMR RRU?

dznw8wd%20-%20Imgur.jpg

• Like 1

These are the new Ericsson AIR Integrated Antennas with integrated radio tops. Notice no RRU. :) T-Mobile is exclusively deploying these as far as I know. They're dual mode 2x2 MIMO, Release 10 stuff. Snapped a few shots earlier toda

These panels are being installed all over in Orange County, CA. Always get excited thinking its a Sprint tower being upgraded but when I notice closely its always T-mobile.

" There are 6 inputs. 2 for PCS 1X/EV, 2 for 800SMR, and 2 for PCS LTE. There are also 3 ACUs for downtilt control (more on that later). See how all the cables are hooked up?"

Does Sprint deploy 4T4R LTE? If yes, that could be 1T4R for PCS 1x/EV, 4T4R for PCS LTE and 2 for 800. This configuration is under the assumption the RRU is capable of supporting Dual mode.

No. LTE is on one side of the panel. Each "section" of the panel has a 45 degree polarization offset. LTE 1900 utilizes 2 antennas, 800SMR utilizes 2, 1900 EVDO/1X utilizes another 2.

No. LTE is on one side of the panel. Each "section" of the panel has a 45 degree polarization offset. LTE 1900 utilizes 2 antennas, 800SMR utilizes 2, 1900 EVDO/1X utilizes another 2.

Thx for the reply. Is this only for ALU and E/// markets? As I understood, Samsung is capable of delivering 4T4R LTE solution.

Thx for the reply. Is this only for ALU and E/// markets? As I understood, Samsung is capable of delivering 4T4R LTE solution.

I'm not familiar with their equipment since I am in an Ericsson market. Hence the title of this thread ;)

Thx for the reply. Is this only for ALU and E/// markets? As I understood' date=' Samsung is capable of delivering 4T4R LTE solution.[/quote']

So far, the Samsung and ALU panels I've seen has two 800 antenna ports in the middle, and two 1900 on the left and two 1900 on the right...exactly the same as Ericsson. There are a few different panel types out there, but these are the ones I've seen thus far from the three vendors. We have also seen some 1900 only panels with Samsung installs in Michigan. These only have four 1900 antenna ports.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm if this is the LTE panel being used widely at least in Erricson markets?

RF X-TREME™ Cross Polarized Triple Band Antenna, 698-2170MHz, 65deg, 13.5/16.0/16.3dBi, 1.2m,

VET, 0-8deg

http://resources.tes...t_p5_666159.pdf

If so these puppies are almost $1900.00 a piece ( Sprint may get a slighter better discount than i do).

Can anyone confirm if this is the LTE panel being used widely at least in Erricson markets?

RF X-TREME™ Cross Polarized Triple Band Antenna, 698-2170MHz, 65deg, 13.5/16.0/16.3dBi, 1.2m,

VET, 0-8deg

http://resources.tes...t_p5_666159.pdf

If so these puppies are almost $1900.00 a piece ( Sprint may get a slighter better discount than i do).

Fairly close, but no that's not the same one. In Ericsson markets they also use a 45 and 33 degree tri-band antenna panel made by Powerwave. I've seen them in Samsung markets too from pictures here.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I searched to no avail, are the towers that are disguised as flagpoles going to be ground mounted RRUs? In other words what do they look like with NV equipment? I'm sure there is not enough room in the tower itself.

I searched to no avail, are the towers that are disguised as flagpoles going to be ground mounted RRUs? In other words what do they look like with NV equipment? I'm sure there is not enough room in the tower itself.

I would like to know the answer to that flag pole ? myself.PL54XC851 is a flag-pole.

Every site is different. If they can't be mounted up top due to size or weight then longer jumpers will be used and mounted where they can.

Sent from my little Note2

I would like to know the answer to that flag pole ? myself.PL54XC851 is a flag-pole.

This site would not surprise me if it ended up on the no lte list do to lack of fiber don't see it getting any.

This site would not surprise me if it ended up on the no lte list do to lack of fiber don't see it getting any.

Why? I have a 2 sites in the middle of a lake on my market. One was one of the first LTE sites in the area. Can't get anymore remote than that.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

Can someone tell me if these are future Sprint towers??

http://www.printemp.net/images/DSC00120.JPG

http://www.printemp.net/images/DSC00119.JPG

http://www.printemp.net/images/DSC00118.JPG

http://www.printemp.net/images/DSC00117.JPG

San Diego CA 92105

Edited by SDBCSteve

Just by looking at the bottom of the panels, these dont look like Sprint tower since it only has 4 inputs (4 fatter cables). An Alcatel Lucent panel should have 6 inputs (4 for 1900 MHz and 2 for 800 MHz). Besides the antenna panel itself doesn't look like its from Alcatel Lucent

Just by looking at the bottom of the panels, these dont look like Sprint tower since it only has 4 inputs (4 fatter cables). An Alcatel Lucent panel should have 6 inputs (4 for 1900 MHz and 2 for 800 MHz). Besides the antenna panel itself doesn't look like its from Alcatel Lucent

When I first saw these I called the occupant of the building. They told me they heard they were Sprint but I needed to ask the owner to be sure..

Also, this is in an area that is lined with Boost Mobile & Cricket stores. They use Sprints network for service. There is also already Verizon 4G coverage in this area. These are not being used yet and there are still orange construction cones on the roof around these towers

• 2 weeks later...

My phone isn't best camera... Any of these sprints?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

To me, it looks like the bottom is Sprint legacy. Those are familiar panels to me. The top may have been decommissioned Nextel. There is a chance that Sprint could be relocating to the Nextel rung at the top. Keep an eye on it, and post any progress you see.

Robert

• Like 1