Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

Not much help here but saw major work being done at the tower right of Conant Street and Anthony Wayne trail. I would post bsl but I'm driving all day for my job. Had a ton of trucks along with a crane at the top of tower so if I get a chance to go by it again I'll post bsl.

that's T-Mobile not Sprint there

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

So when do you think Bancroft & Douglas will be completed and active with LTE?

No one really knows, but everything is there ready to go as far as we can tell just waiting for Sprint to fire it up..this is a guess and only a guess, but I wouldnt think it would be more than two months. They are working the contractors ( tho me and ryan have seen one or two) just seems we are the unlucky market with alot of issues.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

So when do you think Bancroft & Douglas will be completed and active with LTE?

I just met with the contractors last week. That site is complete now it needs to go through testing. If you really want to know, and I suggest you do this, right to this email address....Dan@Sprint.com Give him the exact location, cross streets and tell him you talk to contractors and they said they were done.

• Like 2

Sent an email and got the automated response:

Thank you for taking the time to write.

A Sprint representative will be contacting you.

From all of us at Sprint, thank you.

Dan Hesse

CEO

Sprint

Didn't know "Dan" was the CEO. This should be interesting.

I'll post back once the "Sprint representative" contacts me.

• Like 1

Sent an email and got the automated response:

Thank you for taking the time to write.

A Sprint representative will be contacting you.

From all of us at Sprint, thank you.

Dan Hesse

CEO

Sprint

Didn't know "Dan" was the CEO. This should be interesting.

I'll post back once the "Sprint representative" contacts me.

hello dude, you must be a newbie. That's okay this is an automated response that you always here. And just include that anybody else they all know the same thing we've always gotten the same message back. Hang in there you'll get a personal response back. Trust me lol

I'm going to say this and Ryan prob will give me crap lol, but I have a good feeling maybe that after the holidays like January-February will be better months for us in getting LTE. Again these are just my thoughts and opions and does mean its facts lol. I also say this to due to East Michigan having nearly all there sites done and accepted....I'm going to guess that Detroit will be announced within 1-2 months....and I think Toledo will be at the same time..just food for thought.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I'm going to say this and Ryan prob will give me crap lol, but I have a good feeling maybe that after the holidays like January-February will be better months for us in getting LTE. Again these are just my thoughts and opions and does mean its facts lol. I also say this to due to East Michigan having nearly all there sites done and accepted....I'm going to guess that Detroit will be announced within 1-2 months....and I think Toledo will be at the same time..just food for thought.

Detroit would have been announced in the last round, but was held because of a whole bunch of non CSFB compliant sites. Especially in the city and inner suburbs. The outer suburbs have their CSFB complete.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I was up in Michigan for work today and connected to Lte let's just say I really hope it gets better then that lol barely pulling 5mb down :-(

My best I have seen for LTE is about 20Mb down 10Mb up.

In the last 100 tests.

I was up in Michigan for work today and connected to Lte let's just say I really hope it gets better then that lol barely pulling 5mb down :-(

I sure wish my VZW and AT&T was faster than that too.  :(

Robert

From what I heard they are lol not trying to defend them or anything i was just expecting faster speed I guess

I get varied experiences on all networks. I have had more LTE speed tests under 1Mbps on AT&T than I have had over 30Mbps. I have also seen more than 50 VZW LTE sites under 1Mbps in New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, Colorado and South Dakota in the past 6 months. Granted, these are at peak times. But still.

I just want to illustrate there are no perfect networks. And 5Mbps throughput is not worthy of complaint on any network, in my opinion.

I do get speeds greater than 20Mbps on Verizon and AT&T occasionally. However, the majority of my speed tests are 3-6Mbps with them. That's a fact.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I get varied experiences on all networks. I have had more LTE speed tests under 1Mbps on AT&T than I have had over 30Mbps. I have also seen more than 50 VZW LTE

sites under 1Mbps in New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, Colorado and South Dakota in the past 6 months. Granted, these are at peak times. But still.

I just want to illustrate there are no perfect networks. And 5Mbps throughput is not worthy of complaint on any network, in my opinion.

I do get speeds greater than 20Mbps on Verizon and AT&T occasionally. However, the majority of my speed tests are 3-6Mbps with them. That's a fact.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I believe you just after months of researching online and reading tons of comparisons seems as if sprint Lte is not living up to hype. I'm just worried that it will still be same experience as our 3g is now.

Also have to remeber that LTE on 2500 will also be coming, tho it may not be here tommrow, a few days, weeks or months, but it will come. That's what's going to really help take some of burden of 1900. So speeds after that will be decent. Just have to be patient I guess is the best way to put it. Just throwing in my thoughts tho. Also just to throw this into it too with 800 atleast on voice I remember when they were testing (or what ever they were doing) I was connecting to a Sylvania tower 7-8 Miles away and I have 3 towers 4-5 miles away so thats going to help with for sure with coverage gaps out to west where I used to live.

I believe you just after months of researching online and reading tons of comparisons seems as if sprint Lte is not living up to hype. I'm just worried that it will still be same experience as our 3g is now.

Watching a buddy of mines ATT phone get 1mb down during peak hours in midtown Manhattan with his Note 3, while another friends HTC One Max gets 35mb+ down (on band 41) is a glimpse into the future of what sprint has in store. Granted, coverage is limited for Band 41 at the moment, but also keep in mind that there is also 800 LTE, it will be deployed at a much faster pace, and will help alliterate load. Im currently on a Nexus 5 thats only currently capable of accessing 1900, and I do average between 5-12mb sec, and in reality, its plenty fast enough as long as the pings are under 100.

• Like 2

Hey everyone was just curious if anyone has information about LTE for the Bowling Green area? I read your comments all the time for the latest news on the rollout in our market but I would love to hear about any progress happening in Bowling Green if you have any.

Hey everyone was just curious if anyone has information about LTE for the Bowling Green area? I read your comments all the time for the latest news on the rollout in our market but I would love to hear about any progress happening in Bowling Green if you have any.

All towers in the BG area have equipment ready to go, Likey hood the towers are just waiting for backhaul to be put in place than should have LTE once it's been accepted by Sprint.